VFL Round 4 - Geelong vs Collingwood at Queen Elizabeth Oval (Pies WON 92-83, replay P15, Post #361)

Remove this Banner Ad

MagpieBat

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Ruby
Jan 22, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL, #TeamBatman
Where and When:
6:00pm this Saturday at Queen Elizabeth Oval on Barnard Street in Bendigo.

Broadcast:
Internet - LiveChat on collingwoodfc.com.au

Team:
B
: J. Marsh, J. Taylor, L. Wallace
HB: M. Scharenberg, B. Maynard, M. Goodyear
C: J. Wallin, N. Freeman, R. Fischer
HF: M. Still, B. Abbott, M. Manteit
F: C. Gault, J. Blair, B. Kennedy
Foll: M. Cox, J. De Goey, A. Fasolo
Int: T. Allan, N. Gray, J. Hellier, B. Moloney, B. Monkhurst, R. Pendlebury, C. Matheson, J. Williams, B. Fennell

Where They Sit:
Geelong: 4th (2 wins, 0 losses, 1 bye, 115.57%)
Collingwood: 14th (1 win, 2 losses, 0 byes, 74.90%)

Last Time They Met:
Round 19, 2014 at Kardinia Park
Geelong 12.15.87, def by
Collingwood 16.5.101

Head to Head:
Played: 15
Geelong: 6
Collingwood: 9

How They Fared Last Week:
Richmond 15.11.101, def by
Geelong 16.13.109

Collingwood 16.4.100, def
Footscray 14.12.96

Over to you...

Last edited:
I be in hobart sadly, still haven't been to VFL this year

Dave, perhaps you could grab a ride on the team bus?

Hitch hiking maybe an option ... but that could be a bit dodgy perhaps.

Always a good game vs Cats and away from Cattery for a change.

Is Sharon Berg playing this week? What's a realistic stint in the VFL before he comes under serious consideration for a debut? Sometime say after round 15 of the AFL season? A bit Grundy-esque? Get 6-7 games into him before the seasons out? Someone tell me.

Is Sharon Berg playing this week? What's a realistic stint in the VFL before he comes under serious consideration for a debut? Sometime say after round 15 of the AFL season? A bit Grundy-esque? Get 6-7 games into him before the seasons out? Someone tell me.

I dont have the answer JJ. But Schazza is very very rusty. He's missed a lot more footy than Grundy did in his early months at Collingwood. Still not convinced we'll see him in the seniors this year. Hope I'm wrong.

I dont have the answer JJ. But Schazza is very very rusty. He's missed a lot more footy than Grundy did in his early months at Collingwood. Still not convinced we'll see him in the seniors this year. Hope I'm wrong.
i think it would be a great result if he simply played all year in the vfl and get a proper pre season into him( he hasnt done one yet) and see how he goes in 2016

If fit the whole season, he'll get a few games after the bye, in my opinion.

Looking forward to this, a home game although I'm staying over in Melbourne for the Friday night game at the G, head back to Benders around lunchtime.

Hope we don't play shazza. Don't wanna send him to this ground again!

Scharenberg has played pretty much no football for 2 and a half years.

If he plays the rest of the year in the VFL it'll be a big step forward.

Best case scenario is 2016 imo, but it could easily be 2017 or 2018 until we see his best, we have to be patient and realize just how much football he has missed.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scharenberg has played pretty much no football for 2 and a half years.
If he plays the rest of the year in the VFL it'll be a big step forward.
Best case scenario is 2016 imo, but it could easily be 2017 or 2018 until we see his best, we have to be patient and realize just how much football he has missed.

This is key. It would be asking an awful lot for anything other than a clear run at it in the VFL this year.

Bumping this in light of the mail regarding Witts' recall to the seniors (and also so that it's on the front page when I need it :p), but it looks like those up in Bendigo on Saturday night may get to see a rather unusual duel for the majority of the night in the ruck - Mason Cox vs Padraig Lucey.

The United States of America vs the Republic of Ireland.

May the best immigrant win.

:D

VFL side;

No Reid;

Collingwood v Geelong

VFL Round 4
Saturday 9 May
Queen Elizabeth Oval, Bendigo

B: J. Marsh, J. Taylor, L. Wallace
HB: M. Scharenberg, B. Maynard, M. Goodyear
C: J. Wallin, N. Freeman, R. Fischer
HF: M. Still, B. Abbott, M. Manteit
F: C. Gault, J. Blair, B. Kennedy
Foll: M. Cox, J. De Goey, A. Fasolo
Int: T. Allan, N. Gray, J. Hellier, B. Moloney, B. Monkhurst, R. Pendlebury, C. Matheson, J. Williams, B. Fennell

Remove this Banner Ad

Back