Preview Round 4: Sydney vs Essendon, SCG, Thursday 08/04/2021 @ 7:20 AEST

Who will have the higher score by full time?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Heppell playing loose?
He lined up at HB so wasn't playing loose as the 7th defender I don't think, but he's got a good pair of hands and knows when to work off his man. He can make it seem like he has plenty of time and space. It was a couple of weeks ago so I might not be remembering well.

Hepp has had two interrupted preseasons in a row though I think, and only just returned from injury. He looked good for a half before falling off the pace and didn't play again. I'm just not confident he can keep up, and I know the Swans are young and quick going in. I'd sooner McGrath was there; locks down and knows how to rebound.

Well they smashed both Brisbane and Richmond away. Essendon at home isn't a challenging prospect.
Brisbane and Richmond’s form hasn’t been world beating so far this season. Swans jumped them at the best time of the year for a mid-ranking side that had nothing to lose.

If Essendon bring the same intent as they did against the Saints they could beat the Swans convincingly.

I went to the Swans game v Tigers. They play very accountable, team orientated footy.

I like Laverde to Heeney - that’s a good match up. Hind to Papley is obvious. BZT to Reid and Francis to Buddy seem the other likely match ups. I’d be lying if said I was thrilled with Franger taking Buddy.

That leaves McDonald and I say bring in Zac Reid to take him. Great match up, fun for the fans and not too daunting a debut.

I went to the Swans game v Tigers. They play very accountable, team orientated footy.

I like Laverde to Heeney - that’s a good match up. Hind to Papley is obvious. BZT to Reid and Francis to Buddy seem the other likely match ups. I’d be lying if said I was thrilled with Franger taking Buddy.

That leaves McDonald and I say bring in Zac Reid to take him. Great match up, fun for the fans and not too daunting a debut.

Is Jordan Ridley broken?

I was impressed by Harrison Jones' pressure acts ... i'd rather him as second ruck instead of Langford. He doesn't need to win the ruck, he just needs to compete at ground level.

Keep the changes minimal - Heppell for Redman assuming he's right to go, otherwise Cutler for Redman and Cahill as the sub

Hopefully the Swans have watched the footy shows tonight, everyone is all over them, perfect for young blokes to get a bit ahead of themselves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Draper
Heppell
Shiel - on name, but get him out of the middle. He should not be in there over parish.

Be interesting to see what they do when Draper comes back because i don’t think you can have Hooker Wright Stringer and Jones in the one forward line, the set up worked really well saturday.
I'd probably drop Wright for Draper tbh.

Draper
Heppell
Shiel - on name, but get him out of the middle. He should not be in there over parish.

Be interesting to see what they do when Draper comes back because i don’t think you can have Hooker Wright Stringer and Jones in the one forward line, the set up worked really well saturday.

Caldwell is best 22 also
Hurley would replace BZT too

Caldwell is best 22 also
Hurley would replace BZT too
I don’t think Hurley replacing bzt is a foregone conclusion. Hurley has been terrible at 1on1 defending for the past couple of years, and I can’t see him getting any better as his body ages, plus losing a lot of his strength after battling his infection. With how the game is being played this year defenders who can’t defend 1on1 are being found out. Hurley should be a break glass option in defence from now on, Francis and bzt should be getting games and Reid further down the track. Pretty sure Hurley was training with the forwards over summer and may take over hookers role once he hangs up the boots at season end.

Hopefully the Swans have watched the footy shows tonight, everyone is all over them, perfect for young blokes to get a bit ahead of themselves.

I don’t think they watch this any of them in Sydney.

A few years ago Heeney didn’t know what the footy show was and thought he was being pranked when he was asked to appear over a video link.

Don’t think he knew who Sam Newman was etc.

I don’t think they watch this any of them in Sydney.

A few years ago Heeney didn’t know what the footy show was and thought he was being pranked when he was asked to appear over a video link.

Don’t think he knew who Sam Newman was etc.

No wonder Heeney is always smiling. Ignorance of Sam Newman’s existence is bliss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back