Preview Round 4: Sydney vs Essendon, SCG, Thursday 08/04/2021 @ 7:20 AEST

Who will have the higher score by full time?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zaharakis would have to be a chance, apparently played full game time through the middle yesterday..

5 day break so would expect a few changes, although hard to find anyone that warrants being left out of the side. Ham, Snelling and Smith were definitely under the pump heading into the Saints game but all played well and Guelfi would be stiff to miss after just one game back. Laverde maybe depending on match ups? But I think we need a bit of continuity in the backline. Zaharakis may have to settle for the Injury sub if Heppell is a straight swap for Redman.

Last edited:

We surely wont rest Hooker after his performance against the Saints - 5 goals, in our top half dozen players and most importantly he provides a HUGE presence up forward. I'd say it will only be minimal changes - Heppell and Zakka might come in, Redman and Cutler out

Team;-

Francis Zerk Laverde
Heppell Ridley Hind
Cox McGrath Ham
Langford Jones Snelling
Stringer Hooker Tippa

2MP Parish Merrett

Bench: Smith Perkins Guelfi Waterman
SUB: Zakka

Ruck concerns me. 2MP battled away but McKernan had his equal. Have no idea how Flipper played or even if he did play but he may be a better match against Hickey. Not sure what changes yo make other than Perkins ,BZT and Waterman stay in for another game if they pull up okay.

Ruck concerns me. 2MP battled away but McKernan had his equal. Have no idea how Flipper played or even if he did play but he may be a better match against Hickey. Not sure what changes yo make other than Perkins ,BZT and Waterman stay in for another game if they pull up okay.
5 day break, would it be worth resting a kid?

5 day break, would it be worth resting a kid?
Was thinking maybe Cox, not that he has done anything wrong. Could be a good time for a small refresh.

Was thinking maybe Cox, not that he has done anything wrong. Could be a good time for a small refresh.
I was thinking him or Jones.

The forward line worked well without Wright down there, so if we brought Phillips in I'd bring him in for Wright. Personally I would just let Wright go again.

Zaharakis would have to be a chance, apparently played full game time through the middle yesterday..

5 day break so would expect a few changes, although hard to find anyone that warrants being left out of the side. Ham, Snelling and Smith were definitely under the pump heading into the Saints game but all played well and Guelfi would be stiff to miss after just one game back. Laverde maybe depending on match ups? But I think we need a bit of continuity in the backline. Zaharakis may have to settle for the Injury sub if Heppell is a straight swap for Redman.

No way Laverde is in any conversation for being dropped - has hardly done a thing wrong and developing nicely as a back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hooker is a watch...short turnarounds with corkies are problematic.

I would rest Hooker and Redman misses with his injury.
Coming in are Heppell and Zaharakis.

B: Laverde, Zerk-Thatcher, Heppell
HB: Ridley, Francis, Hind
C: Perkins, Smith, Langford
HF: Stringer, Cox, Snelling
F: McDonald-Tipungwuti, Jones, Waterman
R: Wright, Parish, Merrett
INT: McGrath, Ham, Zaharakis, Guelfi
SUB: Cutler

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would like to see Zaka retire after this year. He has served well, but I don't want to see him line up again unless it's to cover someone who needs managing. That said, I'd sooner Zaharakis was the sub than Cutler.

If Hooker gets rested we should play Phillips or Bryan to continue the forward structure.

Hooker is a watch...short turnarounds with corkies are problematic.

I would rest Hooker and Redman misses with his injury.
Coming in are Heppell and Zaharakis.

B: Laverde, Zerk-Thatcher, Heppell
HB: Ridley, Francis, Hind
C: Perkins, Smith, Langford
HF: Stringer, Cox, Snelling
F: McDonald-Tipungwuti, Jones, Waterman
R: Wright, Parish, Merrett
INT: McGrath, Ham, Zaharakis, Guelfi
SUB: Cutler
I think it will be:
Out: Redman (inj.), Hooker (man.), Cutler (omit)
In: Heppell, Bryan, Zaharakis (sub)

Bryan rucks if fit. Wright goes forward.

Good win for your lot yesterday! Who do you see marking up on Heeney?
thinking
Franklin - Francis
McDonald - ZT
Papley - Hind
Heeney ?
Might see Wicks on Ridley as well.

Look, Sydney are the better team (I didn’t expect them to be nearly as good as they are heading into the year - thought we might have had their number) and should win but I think we are every chance to beat them if we bring that same effort and intensity.

Imma half full on this one. I think we’ll match up relatively well with them. Our midfield may be small but the top end is as good as any whilst the forward group has been good even in our losses (20 & 22 scoring shots in first two rounds).

If we do rest Hooker, Jones etc. then it is a must we bring in Bryan/Phillips to allow Wright to play KPF.

We might not win but geez it’s exciting if we bring the sort of intensity and pressure we brought against the Saints

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back