Preview Round 5, 2020: Carlton v St.Kilda - Marvel Stadium, Thursday 2nd July, 7:40PM AEST *BUTLER & HOWARD 50TH*

Who Wins?

• Blues

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Saints

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Is the 'C' meant to be silent in Docherty?

My girlfriend brought it up the other day and now I can't stop thinking about it.

I used to have an Irish mate, they have names that are so far from being phonetic, that it makes a mockery of language. He used to tell me that their names are easy to read if you imagine you're really drunk as you say them....it still didn't work.

I used to have an Irish mate, they have names that are so far from being phonetic, that it makes a mockery of language. He used to tell me that their names are easy to read if you imagine you're really drunk as you say them....it still didn't work.
If he is Irish the mockery comes from the Gaelic spelling, but then again they did dismantle English as well

If he wasnt Captain he wouldnt have been selected - full stop. There are a number of other players who could have done the job Docherty, they have created the tactical position as a tagging HFF to hide him basically.

10 bucks says he won't even line up on docherty mate.

He'll play in his usual back pocket, paton will play halfback, clark in the middle and marsh will take doc.

If marsh can't handle docherty, then sure- gears will come in to save the day.
But it is complete horsecrap to suggest geary is being given special treatment.

He's the best small backman at the club by the length of the flemington straight.... it just so happens that he is also seems to be pretty handy at shutting down some of the best backmen in the league too.

Geary is best 22.
There are not many players on our list that would beat him 1v1.
There are no players on our list with his leadership.
There is no one on our list with his level of courage.
Defensively, and 1v1 he is a very good footballer.
His foot skills are suspect, there is no question about that but we are not in a position as a club where we are too good for a player of Geary’s caliber.

If he is Irish the mockery comes from the Gaelic spelling, but then again they did dismantle English as well

The only Gaelic I recall from my trip there last year, due to frequent usage in the pubs, is Slainte - pronounced something like Sloncha, meaning cheers!
😃

Happy for you to underrate our skipper. Geary is the sort of guy who always gives you 110% regardless of the position he plays. As good as Doc is, you can back gears 100% to curb his influence. He is as competitive as they come and puts his body on line everytime he plays.
If Geary plays the whole game on Docherty Carlton will definitely win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is building as a huge game now with a hub stint on the horizon.
My only worry is that well find out just how important Jones is to our overall performance and the weight will fall on Seb and Gresh to carry.
It's definitely time for Hanners to stamp himself. Cometh the hour, cometh the man and such.

Hopefully our bedshi77ing days are behind us and we grind them in the marvel turf. An 8 goal win and 100+ points.

Jones is a big loss. Been a vital part of our midfield this year. Luckily Carlton don't have a great midfield so I still think we can match it with them. Big game for Marshall against Pittonet, chance to reassert himself as a gun of the comp.

I reckon Geary will take Betts, has done well on him in the past.

Really interesting game. We will be hubbing after this so important to win.

I’m expecting Carlton to take it up to us this week so I’m only tipping the Saints by 489 points in a closer game than some might think . It will be a battle for the first 25 seconds before our talent will finally over run them . If Jones was playing I would think 600 points would be closer to the mark . lol.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back