Preview Round 5 v West Coast Eagles Optus Stadium Sunday 14th April 4pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Personally, I'd rather we just continue getting used to our new game style rather than making a significant change to it just to nullify one of the few strengths the last placed team in West Coast has.

Alternatively, this week we should be training the ability to change directions going inside 50 and shifting the West Coast defense away from where we are wanting to actually kick inside 50.

Training to counter a McGovern type would be more beneficial rather than simply nullifying it as it can be implemented against other teams as well.
100% this.

We've started to show more consistency in executing the game plan that Yze wants us to play with and there is no way we should be making alterations to it, especially ones that completely alter the way we play.

Lets see if Koschitzke Lefau and/or Ryan can put into action a plan that the coaches give them to best counter a couple of dominant KPD in McGovern & Barrass. That's where we'll get the biggest benefit out of the game apart from winning the game itself.

News from Punt Rd -

KMac2 ankle is fine.

T. Brown measured at 221cm.

Emergencies from the following:

Naismith
Kaleb Smith
Will Smith
Jada Pinkett Smith
Ralph Smith
Sean Ralph Smith
Smiths Crisps
Blacksmith
Silversmith
Goldsmith
Jeff Smith (Publican Darwin)
Aerosmith
Patti Smith
Maggie Smith (Downton Abbey)
Robert Smith (The Cure)
Pete Smith
Jaclyn Smith
John Smith
John Smith (another John Smith not the first one)
Sam Smith
Joel Smith*
Sean Smith
Yeardley Smith (The Simpsons and a good get)
Moses "Whispering" Smith

It has to be said that some of these jokers are past it and we should be playing the youth. I think some are even dead. Dead to me anyway.

Late breaking news ! Since began writing this report Brown has clocked in at 222cm ! That is Richie Benaud s**t right there !!

* Subject to drug test

Last edited:
We going to get beaten in last after leading all game
Eagles 3 points
Yep, worried we will dominate the game but lose on the scoreboard...again.

I guess like most others now I'm just enjoying seeing the kids strut their stuff given the opportunity and watching Dusty and Shai make all the other teams look bad. Those two on a different level. Lol 😆

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting point of view from the West:

Interesting how the Eagles see us.
Harley Reid is going to be a monster for sure. What he did against Sydney was exciting to watch.
I hope he goes after Dusty with a don't argue, it would be entertaining lol.

That type of s**t is just fun to watch but some fans take it too seriously and get offended by it.

What does Barrass mean he'll try and "give him one?" is he saying Harley Reid is going to try to bum Dustin Martin over the course of the game?

What does Barrass mean he'll try and "give him one?" is he saying Harley Reid is going to try to bum Dustin Martin over the course of the game?
Dearest Drinken Nookie, I would be very surprised, nay extraordinarily shocked if that is what he meant. Not that there is anything wrong with that, perhaps just not on the actual playing surface.

Harley Reid is going to be a monster for sure. What he did against Sydney was exciting to watch.
I hope he goes after Dusty with a don't argue, it would be entertaining lol.

That type of s**t is just fun to watch but some fans take it too seriously and get offended by it.
I kid you not, Harley's pic (sometimes the full size of the page) has been on the back page of the West (the only daily in WA) 27/30 days. It's like a running joke and has been for a while. It's something like 75/100 back pages since the start of the year. It's nuts. He's a ripper kid just to deal with it. He would look mighty fine in a Tigers jumper that's for sure.

I kid you not, Harley's pic (sometimes the full size of the page) has been on the back page of the West (the only daily in WA) 27/30 days. It's like a running joke and has been for a while. It's something like 75/100 back pages since the start of the year. It's nuts. He's a ripper kid just to deal with it. He would look mighty fine in a Tigers jumper that's for sure.
Oppo fans will grow to hate him as he will be talked about a lot but I can't wait to follow his career.

To be fair, I kinda agree with them. This is a winnable game for them with all of our outs, and Harley Reid is a pretty good player. Going to be difficult to play against him if he plays like he did against Sydney last week.

I think I watched at least some of all games involving West Coast this year, and they seem to have improved this year compared to the last two years. Margins don’t tell the full story of their improvements IMO.

Only problem I’ve seen over the years from them is that their worst games come from seemingly “winnable” games (Richmond at Optus Stadium in 2022 & Hawthorn at UTAS in 2023). Lost by over 100 points in those games. Even with our outs, they wouldn’t want to take us too lightly.

But still no surprise if they beat us. Our forward line is hammered right now and Lefau + Kosi aren’t giving us much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back