Preview Round 6, 2020: Fremantle v St.Kilda - Metricon Stadium, Saturday 11th July, 12:35PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Dockers

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • Saints

Votes: 70 93.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the weather holds up, this could be Max’s time to shine. Isolate him deep inside 50 on whoever mans him- Freo’s backline looks quite undersized.
this could be a huge game for him ... Logue is their best defender at the moment and he would be giving up nearly 10cm in height ... Freo look really really slow and their kick to hand ball ratio is heavy handball they have kicked to the wings nearly every possession with a below average clip of it getting to their player ... the crows got back into the game with them by lifting the pressure the slightest bit and they started turning over the ball , if not for the crows woefull kicking they really should have put them to the sword from those turn overs ...

ill expect a big game from our small forwards as well as Freo really dont have anyone to defend the fast creative types .... Jake needs to get under Hogans skin early as he becomes a huge liability for Freo when he loses focus on the game ...
ill expect Hill having had a quieter game lat week will be frothing to put in a big show against his old mob... good chance Acres makes his debut for Freo so thats going to be strange

He was. And Steele would be filthy with himself for letting Fyfe dominate him like that.

Id expect him to come out fired up for some redemption if Fyfe does play.
if Fyfe plays i reckon he will be regretting it .... its one hell of an assignment to carry his team after only one week off from his injury and coming up against the guy who has towled up Bont and Cripps in the last couple weeks ...
even if they try and nurse him through the game by playing him forward Long will make him work and earn every touch .. not ideal heading into the Freo Grand final (the Derby) the next week

if Fyfe plays i reckon he will be regretting it .... its one hell of an assignment to carry his team after only one week off from his injury and coming up against the guy who has towled up Bont and Cripps in the last couple weeks ...
even if they try and nurse him through the game by playing him forward Long will make him work and earn every touch .. not ideal heading into the Freo Grand final (the Derby) the next week
Ben Long would get rag dolled by Fyfe. Not the best choice of match up I wouldn't think.

Looking forward to seeing Marshall against Darcy this week, should be too much for him around the ground I would imagine.

Just chucked a sneaky bet on him for the brownlow @ $501, hoping the odds of him bet cut a fair bit over the next few months which should give me a solid cash out.

Ben Long would get rag dolled by Fyfe. Not the best choice of match up I wouldn't think.
we genrally wouldnt play a one on one match up with him but my point is Long would be in there harrassing compeating in the air and running off fyfe ... he would get an easy day sitting as a forward as im sure he would have a few players going through him testing him out ....

Looking forward to seeing Marshall against Darcy this week, should be too much for him around the ground I would imagine.

Just chucked a sneaky bet on him for the brownlow @ $501, hoping the odds of him bet cut a fair bit over the next few months which should give me a solid cash out.
Darcy is fat slow and usless .... if he attempts to keep up with Roma they will need the oxygen tanks on the sidelines to get some air in to the lump ....

we genrally wouldnt play a one on one match up with him but my point is Long would be in there harrassing compeating in the air and running off fyfe ... he would get an easy day sitting as a forward as im sure he would have a few players going through him testing him out ....
Yeah fair enough.

Yeah I reckon we'll go with the Steele/Wilkie double with Fyfe, like we did with Dusty.

I'd be surprised if they brought him back and he's not 100% though. As I said earlier, they would known they aren't playing finals and they have the Derby next week.

He would want to hurry up and vote. Probably got one or two votes and nearly a third of the season gone. I’d suggest he is no hope. At least at 500 to one you don’t have to put much on.

Might need to give Ben a hair cut for that to work Max has the jar head look
A strange hair cut for sure, but Max seems quite happy with it 😉

cbKFEhR.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm gonna out flog you here Gringo...

I was wanting to take him with our first round pick at the start of last year
View attachment 906324

Smart trading out our first and getting him in the 50's ;)

Leadership group in three years from now

Max, Byrnes, Battle, Bell (yes, this kid got some jetness, vertical leap man, vertical leap), Bytel, Long.

Yeah, he's really fallen away and his disposal efficiency is very ordinary. At this point he looks so far behind Smith it's not funny. Last year it was the opposite. Smith has become the prime mover in a start studded midfield and has pace and skills. Walsh a little one paced and messy with his kicking.
Smith is a jet but Walsh was one of their main stoppage players last year and it looks like he is being utilised more outside this year. He does ned to do some serious work on his tackling but he is a superb footballer.

playing fyfe is seriously silly

but this is the same club that played what was a cork into a full blown broken leg
If your a Saints fan then I agree playing Fyfe is seriously silly!
The hairbunned figjam always seems to hurt us both in terms of his performance and in terms of hurting one of our good players often illegally so I agree it would be seriously silly. Though I doubt Freo are in a position to hold back their best player because of an upcoming Derby.
If there is a snippet of a chance that he can get up to play, you can guarantee Longmuir will pick him to play!

You might get one or two. Some won’t even be there. That’s just what happens
That's true, my crystal ball aint so crystal clear.
But man, I just got a sense with that group. Of course, very difficult this year to assess so I am going off draft year footage.
Bytel is a beast and Bell is a girafffe right now but once he grows into his body he has some elite qualities.
Point taken though.

Smith is a jet but Walsh was one of their main stoppage players last year and it looks like he is being utilised more outside this year. He does ned to do some serious work on his tackling but he is a superb footballer.

No doubt, it's still comparing guns.

Not being allowed to criticise Lonie because he is the heart of soul of the team is so illogical. It is possible that he can simultaneously be “the heart and soul of the team” whilst having clear areas to work on. Clearly these are selected stats, but it doesn’t make them any less concerning - he’s kicked three goals in his last eight games. He might tackle well and kick the ball nicely but he isn’t a defensive forward who shuts down a rebounding defender. He also doesn’t get enough footy to get by on his field kicking. Eventually, he needs to start kicking some goals. Not stacks, and he’s clearly safe in the team for now. But eventually, he’s going to gave to find some consistency.

Criticise when it’s warranted.

When it’s not, expect to be criticised back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Guys and Gals

Confidence is well earned, you guys are playing some terrific footy, great to watch. Ridiculous it took so long for Ratten to get a gig elsewhere.

Will say the weekend was the worst our skills have been all year. We arguably should have beaten Brisbane and Essendon and had one very bad quarter against Port in the rain. We’re better than what we showed on the weekend, promise 😀

No doubt, it's still comparing guns.
Let them compare the guns all they like.
I have no doubt we have easily got the biggest gun of the lot
In Max King!
Cannot see any of the other boys being more important to their teams as to the influence Winx will have on ours!
Maybe his brother could be his biggest rival but am so bullish on big Max I will be absolutely floored if he doesn't turn out to be a super star.
Best young big man I think I have ever seen at the club and that includes Rooey!
Now Riewoldt went on to become an out and out champion and if Max can match his deeds then I'm sure we will all be beside ourselves.
But for what is essentially his first year King has attributes that are downright scary as to what he could be!

Never would have believed he would be as good as he is on the ground let alone the aerial dominance he will present once he starts clunking them!

Hey Guys and Gals

Confidence is well earned, you guys are playing some terrific footy, great to watch. Ridiculous it took so long for Ratten to get a gig elsewhere.

Will say the weekend was the worst our skills have been all year. We arguably should have beaten Brisbane and Essendon and had one very bad quarter against Port in the rain. We’re better than what we showed on the weekend, promise 😀

Plus you've had a few weeks extra on the Metricon deck and our only showing outside of Marvel was a pretty comprehensive defeat (admittedly by a mostly scandal free Magpies team giving us an absolute bath).

Could be a big wake up call this week. No easy games this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back