Autopsy Round 6, 2023 : Positives and Negatives v Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

I prefer watching Bailey take it, ignore the chip Scab mids around him, bust a tackle and pump it inside 50 himself rather than Gaff wrong foot himself onto his non preferred, run backwards and hack kick it 26m into the air.

I'll take a Bailey Clearance over a Gaff, West, Clark (if he ever gets some mid time) one.

The fact Bailey walked off with 386 metres gained from his 21 touches, compared to Gaffs 265 from 32 touches at least proves he goes direct and isn't afraid to get some field position.

I prefer watching Bailey take it, ignore the chip Scab mids around him, bust a tackle and pump it inside 50 himself rather than Gaff wrong foot himself onto his non preferred, run backwards and hack kick it 26m into the air.

I'll take a Bailey Clearance over a Gaff, West, Clark (if he ever gets some mid time) one.

The fact Bailey walked off with 386 metres gained from his 21 touches, compared to Gaffs 265 from 32 touches at least proves he goes direct and isn't afraid to get some field position.
100% Bypass the 50 and just pump it in there

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

No worries daddy
annoyed-ron-swanson-angry-face-174t72gntrg6rmh5.gif

We have got far too many softcocks in that team.Every team needs some of them but we have too many.
Our tackling was disgraceful.I hate seeing players continually getting brushed off.
Teams are getting hold of us because they hit the ball harder.Our players see the ball metres away but the first thing they do is hesitate and look to see who’s coming instead of going fast and hard at the ball.
He who hesitates is lost!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have got far too many softcocks in that team.Every team needs some of them but we have too many.
Our tackling was disgraceful.I hate seeing players continually getting brushed off.
Teams are getting hold of us because they hit the ball harder.Our players see the ball metres away but the first thing they do is hesitate and look to see who’s coming instead of going fast and hard at the ball.
He who hesitates is lost!!
You watching replay's of last years games or something?

Yep absolutely agree - it's definitely not a good team vibe to be doing this but you almost want him/some others to be a bit selective in terms of who he's dishing off to.

Excellent ball movers - Kelly, Ryan, someone like Jetta or Rioli if they were still here, depending on the situation maybe Hunt or Yeo if running that extra 20m before the pump kick would be handy, yep give the hands.

Anyone who's probably also just going to hack it forward just do it yourself.

That being said it while I do like him a lot it's fair to say he'll never be a Pendlebury (or even Naitanui) style 'more time than anyone else' type operator so probably doesn't need anything extra to take a split second to think about. At the moment with the players around him it's probably good he's just pumping it as option A.

Didnt get a disposal to half time. Got a bit of it in the 3rd quarter once Shuey got subbed out but wasnt a massive influence.

I seem to recall from the radio audio of the game, Trew had 8 disposals in the 3rd Q. I haven't watched the 2nd half yet, but if that is true, it's very promising. He has the talent, I believe, just needs a good run at it. Hopefully, he can get that over the next few weeks.

I prefer watching Bailey take it, bust and pump himself rather than Gaff

The fact Bailey wanked off with his 21 touches, compared to Gaffs 32 touches at least proves he goes direct and isn't afraid to get some position.
Jesus DS, time for a cold shower old son.

Last edited:
BBBBW was very impressive; clear BOG for us for mine.

But a minor negative out of an overall positive performance is how long he takes to get the ball onto his boot. Always goes for this huge wind up which just invites tackling and/or smother pressure from the opposition.

Just a negative here, it really grates me that for years we were forced to watch this kick the ball backwards, sideways, stop, runaround in a circle, go backwards again, which was clearly a coaching plan FFS!
I really don’t give a * if it’s changed now, that was the worst football I have ever seen this club play, and I’ve been watching since the very 1st game against Richmond, way back when….
On that alone Simpo should be ****ed off, absolutely disgraceful!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back