Toast Round 6 = Collingwood 59-27 Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floggings are overrated. Clinical dissection of the opposition, rendering them flaccid, neutered and beaten really get my juices flowing.

Bet you werent saying that in 2011.

The ability to destroy teams on the score board when dominating the play is a sign of a genuine premiership ready team.

We missed the chocolates in 11 due to meeting an opponent who matched us well, MM s**t gameday tactics and a best 22 who limped to the line whilst distracted by a coach mourning his last season in charge.

Can anyone remember the last 80 plus point win under Buckley's system with this group?

In fact 60 point wins have been rare under Buckley we got one rnd 1 vs dogs but it is a rarity over the years.

The ability to destroy teams on the score board when dominating the play is a sign of a genuine premiership ready team.

We missed the chocolates in 11 due to meeting an opponent who matched us well, MM sh*t gameday tactics and a best 22 who limped to the line whilst distracted by a coach mourning his last season in charge.

Can anyone remember the last 80 plus point win under Buckley's system with this group?

In fact 60 point wins have been rare under Buckley we got one rnd 1 vs dogs but it is a rarity over the years.

Just enjoy the win. If someone said we would beat hawks by 1pt before he game you would be happy with that

His kicking really reminds me of Buckley
Buckley was one of the best kicks of the footy I’ve ever seen. Probably a bar too high to compare IQ to that lol...

Win was great but I’m concerned about what may be wrong for Elliott. We didn’t see him for much of the second half I think, so I hope it’s nothing too major. Anyone see an incident?
Bucks in his presser said it was a knock to his shin. Could have kept playing, but Bucks decided against it to keep him right for next week.

Not major

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Positives:
Great to get the win.
Great that it was Hawks who we traditionally struggle with.
Good debuts by Atu and Will.
Quaynor looked excellent.
Attack on contest was good much better then recent weeks.
Run from defence looked much improved.
Defense still miserly.
Treloars center breaks and burst run was back.

Negatives:
Kellys injury.
Treloars kicking.
Complete and utter lack of scoring capability outside the first quarter.
Gameplan is flawed and likely to cost us again like 2018 GF.

We missed the chocolates in 11 due to meeting an opponent who matched us well, MM sh*t gameday tactics and a best 22 who limped to the line whilst distracted by a coach mourning his last season in charge.

No I certainly wasn't saying that in 2011. There was no better time to be a pies supporter than in 2011. But we were a different animal back then, not just well drilled and a functional system (against all teams bar one), but with a group of incredibly talented footballers all playing their best. This current crop isn't as capable as that group was.. even peak 2018 Collingwood can't touch the 2011 team.

I do think that Nathan needs to be more adaptable on game day if we're to push for a flag this year.

Nice to finally dominate the Hawks, after many years of them owning us.

The game was won in the first half, and I think the final margin flattered the Hawks.

Really impressed with both Quaynor and Bosenavulagi. The run and carry of both players was refreshing to watch and something the team needed after last week's poor performance. After tonight, I prefer Quaynor over Noble in defence.

Beautiful first goal to start Kelly's career. Always looked good when he was involved in the contest. A real shame to have suffered an injury in the latter stages of the match so wishing him a speedy recovery.

Cox remains a big problem. I think his best days are behind him now, and we couldn't do any worse than playing Cameron ahead of him. Cox struggle to hold marks and provides very little for the team unfortunately.

Great to see Checkers hit the scoreboard, as he remains our most reliable and prolific goalscorer at this stage.

Finally Moore is receiving the recognition he deserves for his consistent and reliable performances. Carey noted that he was AA material based on what he's produced so far this year.

It was good to see Buckley experiment a bit, and try players in different positions. I think playing Stephenson up the ground can only be beneficial for his development and diversify his skill set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back