Autopsy Round 7, 2023: St.Kilda v Port Adelaide *WOOD 100TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

We are 5W & 2L

What ever we doing is working don't know you can question selection integrity
And we are one and one since we lost our key tall forward so of course you should question selection, especially if your other tall forward has been playing a sacrificial game.

I think its King Membrey and Caminiti as the tall forwards. Can't see Hayes getting back in

Sinclair, Owens to the midfield.

Jones, Clark hbf/mid/bench.

Coff - no idea where he might fit in

Cordy, Paton, Windy probably first to go.

Billings for Phillipou.
So who helps in the ruck when cordy is gone
Membrey?
Hammer?

For me its hayes at chf with hammer and king behind him
Hayes is the second ruck

This is going to be interesting once all are avl

So who helps in the ruck when cordy is gone
Membrey?
Hammer?

For me its hayes at chf with hammer and king behind him
Hayes is the second ruck

This is going to be interesting once all are avl

I'd ruck Owens. He's excellent at it. Cordy isn't doing too much rucking from what I've seen.

And we are one and one since we lost our key tall forward so of course you should question selection, especially if your other tall forward has been playing a sacrificial game.
Just think its silly to suggest that our selection has a lack of integrity and the coaches are being pigheaded

We are 5 & 2 and our 2 loses are both by less then 2 goals

Have had a huge injurie list and have been playing great footy, think what ever they are doing they should keep doing and I trust them to change it up when needed, whether its this week or 10 weeks down the track

I think its King Membrey and Caminiti as the tall forwards. Can't see Hayes getting back in

Sinclair, Owens to the midfield.

Jones, Clark hbf/mid/bench.

Coff - no idea where he might fit in

Cordy, Paton, Windy probably first to go.

Billings for Phillipou.
At least we’ve got options - real selection pressure about to build - good stuff!

Knock 3 years off his career 😊

No not at all.

Marshall takes most of it. Once King comes back, he will do a little bit of rucking. Other players can take the odd chop out.
Owens to take a few bursts to mix things up and give Marshall a rest.

Next season hopefully Keeler or Heath will get some games.

No not at all.

Marshall takes most of it. Once King comes back, he will do a little bit of rucking. Other players can take the odd chop out.
Owens to take a few bursts to mix things up and give Marshall a rest.

Next season hopefully Keeler or Heath will get some games.
Not the Rolls! I guess the art of rucking has changed a bit and it's not such a risky proposition now.

Not the Rolls! I guess the art of rucking has changed a bit and it's not such a risky proposition now.

King has often rucked in our forward line. So I was meaning is that he keeps doing what he has been and to contest some taps there.

The risk is more at centre bounces where the rucks stand facing each other and crash into one another with knees. Around the ground rucking is not that risky as the rucks are mainly just standing next to one another at the ball ups.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are 5W & 2L

What ever we are doing is working don't know how you can question selection integrity
Just coz were winning doesn't mean the coaches get everything 100% right, which they would also say. I don't rhinknwe would have lost any of the games if we had Campbell Coops even Heath probably in place of Cordy. Maybe bar the bull dogs game when he played half decent

Basically their pressure panicked us. When we were on top we failed to score. When they were, they scored. Which tells me there is a lot of work before we are finals ready.

Last edited:
It wasn't loud at the ground.
Why don't you just believe the numerous people who've stated it in the thread?
Either the telecast had microphones near a pocket of the noise or they enhanced it for the narrative of outrage, but I couldn't imagine a commercial station doing that. Or could I?
Actually interesting suggestion. A few times, When port kicked a goal, it seemed you could hear the port supporters reaction, then a second later, another burst of cheering. A few of us commented that it sounded like that canned crowd noise we heard during covid. Would be interesting to ask if they are playing it to increase the atmosphere when an interstate team with few supporters kicks a goal.

It wasn't loud at the ground.
Why don't you just believe the numerous people who've stated it in the thread?
Either the telecast had microphones near a pocket of the noise or they enhanced it for the narrative of outrage, but I couldn't imagine a commercial station doing that. Or could I?
I was at the game and didnt hear one boo from the area near the players race, or at all really.

Basically their pressure panicked us. When we were on top we failed to score. When they were, they scored. Which tells e there is a lot of work before we are finals ready.

They seemed to counter punch immediately every time we worked our arses off to score a goal. They psyched us out a bit.

I was at the game and didnt hear one boo from the area near the players race, or at all really.

You could hear it up on level three so must have been the level 2 area. It was not loud still and not super obvious compared to other crowd noise.

The worst thing for us was sitting behind this cackling Port supporter that sounded like she had emphysema and was doing this irritating grating laugh the whole time. I was ready to text the offensive behaviour line and ask for her to be removed but came to the conclusion that asking for a mouth-breathing half-wit to be dragged out of her seat for chuckling inappropriately might make me look mean. She was lucky that I'm such a man of the people.

What ever we are doing is working don't know how you can question selection integrity
just becuase it work for the first 5 games, doesn't mean that selection integrity is now there.. if there was selection integrity, Cordy should have been replaced by either Sharman or Cambell. Especially with only a 5 day break. what will it show then?

just becuase it work for the first 5 games, doesn't mean that selection integrity is now there.. if there was selection integrity, Cordy should have been replaced by either Sharman or Cambell. Especially with only a 5 day break. what will it show then?

You can only judge selection integrity if you know the criteria. Clearly Lyon is seeing something from Cordy.

I will back RTB Lenny Harvs Enright

My god we are 5 and 2 our two loses are by less then 2 goals We have exceeded everyone’s expectations and that’s with lots injuries

But no we need to question the coaching group’s integrity 😂 never happy need to make up rubbish and find fault somewhere

Hey Harves

Yes Ross

Harves I think we are much more chance to win if we play Campbell but I really like this Cordy bloke makes great coffee let’s play him instead

Sounds good Ross

I will back RTB Lenny Harvs Enright

My god we are 5 and 2 our two loses are by less then 2 goals We have exceeded everyone’s expectations and that’s with lots injuries

But no we need to question the coaching group’s integrity 😂 never happy need to make up rubbish and find fault somewhere

Hey Harves

Yes Ross

Harves I think we are much more chance to win if we play Campbell but I really like this Cordy bloke makes great coffee let’s play him instead

Sounds good Ross
Makes great coffee LOL

Lets keep Bytel out of the side, he is great at collecting footys that go over the fence at training

Sounds good Ross

Lets bring Billings in, he umpires local footy and is a great bloke who loves AFL and catch-ups for drinks

Sounds good Ross

Remove this Banner Ad

Back