Preview Round 8 2021 - GWS Giants v Essendon Bombers, 1.45 pm @ Giants Stadium, Sat 8 May

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veteran ruckman Shane Mumford is set to hold his place ahead of developing tall Matt Flynn, after the 34-year-old was one of the Giants' best against the Crows.

Mumford sat out the previous match against the Western Bulldogs so has only just started the streak of two or three consecutive matches that Cameron has continually stated the big man is now able to play.

"It's a week-to-week thing. We feel as though Mummy can play this weekend, he's pulled up pretty well and trained on Wednesday," Cameron said.

"He's in really good form. His game last weekend was first class and when he's come into our team, he’s performed really, really well at a high level.

"Sustaining that over a period of two, three, four weeks is always our challenge with him, because of his body just recovering. But we expect him to play on Saturday, then I'll deal with whatever happens the week after."

So Mumford is #1 ruck now, I guess.

Bad bad bad idea

Veteran ruckman Shane Mumford is set to hold his place ahead of developing tall Matt Flynn, after the 34-year-old was one of the Giants' best against the Crows.

Mumford sat out the previous match against the Western Bulldogs so has only just started the streak of two or three consecutive matches that Cameron has continually stated the big man is now able to play.

"It's a week-to-week thing. We feel as though Mummy can play this weekend, he's pulled up pretty well and trained on Wednesday," Cameron said.

"He's in really good form. His game last weekend was first class and when he's come into our team, he’s performed really, really well at a high level.

"Sustaining that over a period of two, three, four weeks is always our challenge with him, because of his body just recovering. But we expect him to play on Saturday, then I'll deal with whatever happens the week after."

So Mumford is #1 ruck now, I guess.
Sigh.

Deep sigh.

:(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back