Preview Round 8, 2021: Hawthorn v West Coast, Sunday 9th May @ 1:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Him being injured and being managed is the exact same thing. Could play, but won’t, to make sure a small niggle doesn’t become a major niggle.

Didn't we all know that at the time without it needed to be put in writing?
Fair enough, depends on interpretation I suppose. Chad was managed due to general soreness and the assumption per the club information was Jaeger was the same. That’s now not the case. I’m happy to shut up.

Fair enough, depends on interpretation I suppose. Chad was managed due to general soreness and the assumption per the club information was Jaeger was the same. That’s now not the case. I’m happy to shut up.
Clarko mentioned both should return in post game presser. Unless JOM has done more damage at training this week since then.

I'm pretty curious about the messaging to Chad at the moment. Chad has been very open and upfront with his want to win a flag and his intensity around making that happen but it's clear that we aren't going to be doing that at least for the next two years. His body language in the Adelaide game wasn't fantastic and looked pretty annoyed/upset a fair bit and I'm wondering if that's a culmination of a few things.
Hopefully he can come in in the next week or two and get a handful of games under his belt and help us build for a tilt within his time with us.

I'm pretty curious about the messaging to Chad at the moment. Chad has been very open and upfront with his want to win a flag and his intensity around making that happen but it's clear that we aren't going to be doing that at least for the next two years. His body language in the Adelaide game wasn't fantastic and looked pretty annoyed/upset a fair bit and I'm wondering if that's a culmination of a few things.
Hopefully he can come in in the next week or two and get a handful of games under his belt and help us build for a tilt within his time with us.
I loved his body language in the Adelaide game - showed how much he cares and great passion. Also loved his post match interview in the rooms - a real leader.

I loved his body language in the Adelaide game - showed how much he cares and great passion. Also loved his post match interview in the rooms - a real leader.
See, though I agree with the passion in his post match interview and stuff, I wonder how other players interpret it- could be easy to read into it as not trusting other players with ball in hand.

See, though I agree with the passion in his post match interview and stuff, I wonder how other players interpret it- could be easy to read into it as not trusting other players with ball in hand.
Geez mate, do we want him to not care?

To me managed means they will miss 1 week.

If they know someone is injured and will miss more than 1 week just be honest and tell us what the injury is.

Sick of the clubs ongoing lack of transparency.

There would be a period where they are looking for the tightness or soreness to subside, so they say he’s being managed.

We clearly did not want to risk him making it much worse one of the worst grounds in the comp for sustaining injuries.

When they revisit in a few days and there’s not been much improvement they obviously need to give it more time - however they choose to define that publicly.

Nah not saying that we don't- I think we also want him to have trust in teammates to do the right thing with ball in hand though.
Are we now assuming that he doesn’t?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they know someone is injured and will miss more than 1 week just be honest and tell us what the injury is.

I get that it is frustrating but don’t really understand the value of knowing. If he’s fit, he plays. If he’s not, he doesn’t. Having the club guess how long it might take doesn’t seem to offer much benefit to me as a supporter 🤷🏼‍♂️

Of course, I don’t play fantasy football or bet, but from a club perspective, I see some value in not broadcasting to the world exactly what’s going on with injured players etc.

Managed means there’s a small niggle that might flare up without a rest. Obviously that small niggle has flared up regardless. What other lack of transparency are you concerned about?

That is the position Nash should be groomed for. He will never have the footy brain to play forward, but has the physical attributes to play down back. I would even play him this week at the expense of Hartigan to play on Darling or Allen.
Great call. I’d never considered him playing down there, but it could be an inspired move.

Great call. I’d never considered him playing down there, but it could be an inspired move.
His speed and reach will bother a lot of forwards if not all. He is also a physical guy, so shouldn’t mind the crash and bash. I think experimenting him for an extended period in the backline is his last chance. Never going to make it as a forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back