Preview Round 8, 2021: Hawthorn v West Coast, Sunday 9th May @ 1:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tagging is for loser teams.

I'd prefer if we let Worpel and Finn play their natural game. Not much point in having them both play reactive roles IMO.
Worpel isn’t learning to tag, he is learning to defend first and then attack. It is how we play midfield, or even every position really.

So they're missing McGovern, Barrass and Hurn from their starting back 6. Oscar Allen has been shifted back.
Is there any way we can take advantage of this, or it's simply not gonna matter?
Control the things we can control & see what happens from there:

We need to go in with a mindset of winning - not trying to protect a big loss
Our players need to focus on effort - not the outcome

If we play our best & play as a team then we're an unbackable but possible chance for a win - even a loss will be acceptable, if it's on our terms. If we select to cover weaknesses (instead of execute strengths) or the players offer similar effort to last week (vs Saints) then it could well get messy.

5 touches, 3 marks, 1 tackle
5 touches, 1 mark, 0 tackles
11 touches, 1 mark, 0 tackles, 1 behind

These are his last three games he's played at AFL level. So much for "crash and bash."

His athleticism allows him to play well at VFL level. It helps cover the deficiencies in his game. But it means nothing at AFL level if he isn't able to utilise those athletic traits.
Play him as a lock-down KPD & see how he goes.
Play him as an under-sized but very active/mobile ruckman & see how he goes.

Playing him as a HFF & knowing how he'll go but doing it anyway just lends to mustang having to re-type his incorrect definition of insanity... and nobody wants that...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jaeger won’t play, he’s injured another stretch of the truth suggesting he was managed.

Any idea why the club bothers lying ? What exactly do we gain out of it ? It isn't like our non Jaeger midfield will catch teams on the hop so you feel the need to bullshit.

Do you think he will go back to that role with JOM and Wingard likely to return?
I don’t think he entirely abandoned it in his last game. The game prior he was starting to find the range of when to defend and when to attack better. Let’s hope he can build on that as there is no reason why he, jom, Mitchell and wingard can’t form a very good midfield. Individually they are al good players but them as a group is still a work in progress. Partly because they haven’t actually played many games together as a midfield unit.

You could drop anyone from last week's game and not feel bad , In order I'd be starting with hanrahan, shiels , cousins. Mcevoy is cooked but we do not have a better option atm unless they go with brooksby which is scary to think that's even a possibility.

Jaeger won’t play, he’s injured another stretch of the truth suggesting he was managed.
Him being injured and being managed is the exact same thing. Could play, but won’t, to make sure a small niggle doesn’t become a major niggle.

Didn't we all know that at the time without it needed to be put in writing?

If (when) they go back to Thursday night teams, I hope they get rid of the extended bench named for Sunday games - as that's basically the same as not naming the team until later. Just name your team. If it changes between Thurs and Sunday, so be it. Not like it's a big deal and doesn't happen all the time anyway.

(I may have a slightly irrational hatred of the Sunday extended bench when naming teams. YMMV)

l later. Just name your team. If it changes between Thurs and Sunday, so be it. Not like it's a big deal and doesn't happen all the time anyway.
I couldn't agree more...a pet hate of mine for years. Especially given we play a lot of Sunday games off Broad way in recent times. Having said that, no chance it happens, we'll still get the extended bench..
Wish also they would simplify the naming of the sub... Can there just be the same number of ins to outs each week!
Anyway hallelujah Thursday night teams is on its way back !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back