Toast Round 8 = Carlton 79-85 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Those knobs on that cringe Blues radio were the first I thought of when the siren went... couldn't wait to see their sooky little faces 😆

Haha.
Didn’t think my weekend could get any better - but it just did! Thanks for this. Beautiful.

The Good

• The win 😍
  • The win against Carlton 😍😍
  • The win against Carlton when their supporters are expecting the win 😍😍😍
  • The win given our significant outs.
  • Our coaching - that game was won in the coaches room.
  • 8 point play against a rival
  • Sullivan’s goal ❤️
  • N.Daicos goal to win the game
  • Pendlebury’s goal
  • Our pressure
  • Matching Carlton for clearances.
  • Daicos snr’s carry-on in the box
  • 132-129-4
  • HH’s game - the future looks bright.

The Bad

• McCreery’s concussion
  • Voss’s mood on the bench 🤣
  • Andy Maher’s mood on Blues radio
  • TV commentary team. I get that commentators always have and always will barrack for a good game (talking up the team that is behind), but last night went well beyond that - when scores were level they were commentating from a Carlton-to-win POV.
  • Shoota’s discipline in the final quarter. (And not just the whack from behind)

The ugly

* Blues board post match

Hey 76! Some of your ‘bad’ and ‘ugly’ belongs under ‘good’. 😋

Commentator sycophants. Umpire shills. Kane Cornes. And Carlton on life support. Seriously absolutely get stuffed to every one of these insufferably mediocre people.

Carlton especially. The level of “we so good” about that club is entirely undeserved. Wooden spoon seekers - cheaters - perennial “rebuilders” always “they know we’re coming” trading on some reputation that’s legit 40 years dead at this point.

Like just be a club and be humble. You absolute clown Matthew Owies.

30 years of irrelevancy will do it to you.

I am obviously older than you. Growing up, over half my family followed Carlton. Two of my late uncles were involved with the club from early 70's to late 90's. Even if half the stories were true then, they cheated their way to the 1979, 87 and 95 flags. The evidence of their systemic salary cap cheating should have had them stripped of the 1995 flag. I hope their misery continues

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Sponsored by a paper bag empire and giving away full paper bags - was the only way they won flags.

But the Carlton president said he was "a coach of great intellect" 😂

“Michael Voss is made to coach the Carlton Football Club – a coach of great intellect, who inspires those around him and every Carlton person to not just hope, but believe in what is possible if we remain committed and true to who we are, together"
I remember reading that at the time, and thinking why the need to emphasise Voss’s ‘great intellect’?

And then thinking, well maybe there’s a question mark.🙃

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably one of the wins I'm most proud of tbh. No tall forwards for us, 2 of our best mids out, a fairytale debutant, watching a newbie like Harvey contribute to so many 'moments', most of our players down on form but we'd still managed to win 3.5 of our last 4 (now 4.5 from 5)..backs against the wall coming up against the arrogant Blues who were so cocky about winning that match..

Nothing sweeter than watching Carlscum fans streaming out of the ground with 30 seconds left 😆
It's funny, I wasn't confident at all during the week. However, as I walked into the MCG last night I started to have hope and belief that we could pull it off. Everything was set up for another classic backs to the wall Collingwood win!

Anyone figured out how Cerra got a free kick for planting a hand in Elliots face in the 3rd quarter? I legit think the umpire forgot who hit who high. Never seen that before.

Yep 100% pointed the wrong way. Baffling that he didn't correct himself or one of his muppet mates didn't overrule, as they normally love to do that.

It was very dull, and then Hodge is moaning about Pendles' kick from the next centre clearance claiming it's deliberate.

We deserve better than the rubbish that Ch7 produces.

The campaigner was almost in tears about it on SEN before. We've just witnessed one of the greatest match winning goals and he's harping on about a contentious deliberate. Sit the fcuk down Luke.

Guys, did you know you can get banned from using the Like system for a week? I just agreed with a few posts on the Blues board that were critical of their own team and The Chief banned me for using Likes for a week. Seems a bit harsh wouldn't you say? I mean, I'm just agreeing with their own self criticism.

On a more serious note, who here is beginning to hate Owies with a passion? The way he celebrates every little thing he does is ridiculous and he is now celebrating abusing the head-high safety rule for his own benefit and making a mockery of the AFL concussion rules. He is now down on the bottom shelf of pricks along with that Papsmear from Shitney.
Vote on their best player poll

Zac Williams
Charlie not Tonight Curnow
Etc etc

Voss is legit a poor coach, I’ve made fun of him i the past because, we’ll he’s Voss, but na he’s bad.

I can’t recall any strategy they employed to limit our run from the back half or our extras at stoppages, you know the strategy that won us a flag.

Other teams have prevented us from playing the way we want and forced us to play the territory game, but Voss just let us have it on our terms, bizarre.

He’s an old time coach that relies on the talent of individual players rather than system, long may his reign last.
Love his Spin in the presser - “we like to play the best clubs because we learn something if we lose”.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back