Round 8: Changes vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

The one real positive is we've got a lot of blokes in the Maggies hungry for a spot. Something that didn't happen really last year.

I remember saying in one of the last weeks last year "Delist everyone apart from Frampton and Patmore" when watching a Maggies game.
We delisted the game plan, that's the best thing they've done. Allowed the players to play, not Bassett style slopball.

7 first choice players out is too many for any team to deal with. It's like 75% of the senior core of our side.
Yep. The only way you could possibly offset that to a reasonable degree is to pick a well structured side and reward players on form not past reputation or because they're older. Ergo another Ken 'Worst of all world's' team and game incoming.

With Tom Jonas, Brad Ebert, Ollie Wines, Robbie Gray, Hamish Hartlett, Charlie Dixon injured we have 986 games experience sitting in the club rooms collectively. Add on to that list:
**Jack Watts + 174 games and Steven Motlop + 160 games (both of which would be in our coaches first 22 if uninjured and in form), then that would amass to 1161 games of experience we are missing.

**used as padding to accentuate total (Hammer could probably be included aswell)

I actually think we have a better chance of winning with Ollie out. Rocky, Drew, Trav and SPP is enough grunt, as long as we pick speed to compliment them. Ollie has been average at best anyhow.

Saying that, they will now bring in Trengove

well it's likely to be wet.. but we'd have had a huge advantage dry but yeah not ideal with so many players missing kind of makes it hard. The worry is it goes mentally the other way and Ken starts banging on with the it's gonna be so hard without our leaders and the group takes that with a well we'll try but we have no chance where they could mentally home in and be let's prove to the world we are great and really crack in.

We are no chance now no matter the changes.

In his last 2 sanfl games, Johnson has amassed 7 and 11 disposals for a total scoreboard impact of 1 point.

Hardly screams out Pick Me!

Hardly screams out Pick Me!

E1qdiqJ.jpg

Pressure Acts !?!

I went to the Centrals game and he was practically unsighted. People have said he was injured. He was also concussed when I went to the South game.

I'm like his bad luck omen. And I'll be at the game on Saturday. So he will last as long as Cam Hitchcock used to last in AFL games.

Why did I flick over to MMM when doing the school drop off....according to Ricciuto the Crows have 5 players (lol) out so no excuses for Port. What a utensil biscuit.

Most of their outs are typical Don Pyke good role players. That’s just the way they do things. Worker bees who’ve been covered pretty well.
Riley O’Brien is giving much greater output than what Sauce has been churning out for a while now. He’s pretty much done.

7 first choice players out is too many for any team to deal with. It's like 75% of the senior core of our side.

You could theoretically add Polec, Wingard and Pittard minus Burton and two kids to that list. Pretty horrific, but a great opportunity for those kids to step up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Motlop has to play given the experience and bigger bodies missing.

Look I'm not a fan of AJ coming in either, but you did all explode when SGary was picked and apart from last week he's been good

The question is when under pressure a Showdown brings whether the likes of AJ / SGary etc. will go missing

I think it should be Motlop / Frampton / Farrell with Broadbent as already announced

Farrell is still a bit of an unknown at AFL level but he is a good kick and we need the skills

hahaha I can't believe it. Wasn't it the same theory last year with AJ that even though his form in the SANFL wasn't great his game would translate to AFL with his speed so in he came? This is just infuriating there's a few others who'd be miffed about what they have to do to get in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back