Game Day Round 8 vs. Richmond, Sat 07/05, 1:45pm MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A quick question, as I'm a TV watcher at the moment. Are our defenders matching up on players or are they playing a position in a zone.

It seems like Madgen is always full back. This could be because the opposition are targeting him and his player is dragging him deep or because that's his role in the zone
TV watcher as well so I can’t give you the proper answer. I think they have direct match ups Moore and Howe just sag off allot plus our aggressive transitions means we get caught out allot.

I'd go

IN: Henry, Cox
OUT: C. Brown, Begg

If Maynard is out Ruscoe gets a chance.

Henry for C.Brown. I think his 7 goal domination demands selection and Callum didn't do anything constructive all game.

Cox in for Begg. Cox is the better ruckman and had a strong performance in the VFL.

I'd have preferred Tyler wasn't elevated to the seniors in the first place but now he's here i'd give him one more game. It might be time for Macrae to get a run soon.

With Maynard’s injury, we don’t need to bring in another defender.

Howe, Moore, Noble
IQ, Madgen, Pendles

Naicos the 7th with Crisp.

Out: Callum, Maynard
In: Ollie, Poulter / Reef

Sidebottom to the forward line.

Can Neville Jetta play? 🥺

I wish posters here would stop acting like we are playing Richmond of 3 years ago. They are nowhere near that level these days, and that West Coast win is an illusion as it was almost a forfeit.

Their midfield is very ordinary so they’ve had to rob the backline of Short to get something going. I doubt that Dusty will play much midfield and Cotchin is pretty average these days.

If we win the midfield I’ll back our forward line in the to get a winning score.

Revised changes following the Maynard heartbreak.

OUT: Maynard (inj.) - C. Brown
IN: Ruscoe - Henry

FB: Ruscoe - Madgen - Howe
HB: Quaynor - Moore - Pendlebury
C: J. Daicos - Adams - Sidebottom
HF: N. Daicos - Mihocek - Hoskin-Elliott
FF: McCreery - De Goey - Ginnivan
FOLL: Cameron - Lipinski - Crisp
INT: Begg - Noble - T. Brown - Henry
SUB:
McInnes

Could easily bring McInnes in for Tyler Brown, but it's probably not the best move to give him such a disrupted crack. McInnes stays the sub with no VFL on - the chance of getting a small amount of game time is better than nothing. Ruscoe comes in for Maynard as a like-for-like in terms of size. The inclusion of Henry will allow De Goey to play more midfield time now that he's feeling better.

I wish posters here would stop acting like we are playing Richmond of 3 years ago. They are nowhere near that level these days, and that West Coast win is an illusion as it was almost a forfeit.

Their midfield is very ordinary so they’ve had to rob the backline of Short to get something going. I doubt that Dusty will play much midfield and Cotchin is pretty average these days.

If we win the midfield I’ll back our forward line in the to get a winning score.
And Fly should know their game plan and vulnerabilities intimately.

I don't know what he did in the vfl but i would like to see McMahon in the team, we are too small down back and Richmond have 3 key forwards.
In MCMahon and Henry
Out Maynard and C Brown
Would also like to see Madgen out but not sure who else could come in, maybe Ruscoe

I don't know what he did in the vfl but i would like to see McMahon in the team, we are too small down back and Richmond have 3 key forwards.
In MCMahon and Henry
Out Maynard and C Brown
Would also like to see Madgen out but not sure who else could come in, maybe Ruscoe
McMahon would get absolutely monstered. Which of Richmond's talls would he line up on?

There's also no way Madgen gets dropped to allow for McMahon or Ruscoe. You say we are too small down back, then propose we go smaller? Whilst McMahon is taller than Madgen, he would be far less effective against KPFs

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McMahon would get absolutely monstered. Which of Richmond's talls would he line up on?

There's also no way Madgen gets dropped to allow for McMahon or Ruscoe. You say we are too small down back, then propose we go smaller? Whilst McMahon is taller than Madgen, he would be far less effective against KPFs
Not sure that losing Madgen would be any loss at all, he gets beaten 1 on 1 nearly every contest, I know he won't get dropped though, I just don't rate himbvery highly.
I was thinking we could try MCMahon on Balta as Balta plays up the ground more so probably not as many wrestles to get the ball

In MCMahon and Henry
Out Maynard and C Brown

McMahon is improving in the VFL, and tracking nicely, particularly over the past two VFL games, but he isn't ready to play in the back six at AFL level, imo.

Not sure that losing Madgen would be any loss at all, he gets beaten 1 on 1 nearly every contest, I know he won't get dropped though, I just don't rate himbvery highly.
I was thinking we could try MCMahon on Balta as Balta plays up the ground more so probably not as many wrestles to get the ball
Balta is 13kgs heavier than McMahon, who has only been ok at VFL level. Does not deserve a call-up. Madgen and his voodoo dolls will survive another week

I think we need to tag Bolton out of the game. He is the one that creates their run and gun plays, and gets alot of entries into their F50...
Do we have anyone who could go with him? The only one I can think of physically would be McCreery, but might be robbing our I50 pressure

Balta is 14kg’s bigger than McMahon - the kid will get slaughtered. The move will ruin his confidence and is definitely a very poor development strategy.

Balta is 14kg’s bigger than McMahon - the kid will get slaughtered.
Yeah maybe, McMahon might not be the one, just feel we need some more height, if the defenders were to stand anywhere near the forwards when the ball is coming in though it might help with how many easy marks the forwards are getting, we made casboult and chol look like good forwards, I'm worried what
Richmond's talls might be able to do against our undersized and very loose defence

People are absolutely delusional. Begg debuted against the best tap ruckman in the league.

If you told ANYONE, he was going to have 15 disposals, 4 marks & 3 tackles. People would have been happy.

Cameron had 2 easy goals and didn’t do much else.
2 easy goals. Suggest you go back and look at 12.45 in first quarter. Begg isn’t clunking that at this stage.

Cameron had more disposals, more tackles, more hitouts, more clearances, more goals. He also had more time on ground so that is to be expected. But to suggest Cameron did nothing much than two easy goals is absolutely delusional.

People are absolutely delusional. Begg debuted against the best tap ruckman in the league.

If you told ANYONE, he was going to have 15 disposals, 4 marks & 3 tackles. People would have been happy.

Cameron had 2 easy goals and didn’t do much else.
The only delusion is on you if you think Cameron "didn't do much else"

Yeah maybe, McMahon might not be the one, just feel we need some more height, if the defenders were to stand anywhere near the forwards when the ball is coming in though it might help with how many easy marks the forwards are getting, we made casboult and chol look like good forwards, I'm worried what
Richmond's talls might be able to do against our undersized and very loose defence
I can guarantee Rich would kick to Balta at every opportunity if McMahon was his opponent.
It’s a mismatch that would make us vulnerable.
It has Dawson v Rocca all over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back