Preview Round 9, 2022 vs North Melbourne @ Hobart

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to check when we played North Melbourne in Hobart, it was 2013. Hell it only seemed like yesterday. Two things from that game
1. the huge free kick differential, of course to the Roo's advantage, and
2. Ken didn't travel with the team as he had some dreaded lurgy and stayed back home in Adelaide and I think Alan Richardson took over for the day.
So this will be Kenny's first game in Hobart.

BATTLE OF THE TITANS, FEEL THE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELECTRICITY IN THE BUILDUP TO THIS ONE. HOBART IS LITERALLY ON FIRE FROM THE HEAT STIRRING IN THE COLLECTIVE LOINS OF THE POPULACE

North will be absolutely smashed in the media this week.
Expect a furious response.

Think we will struggle big time in the first half, and go to the break behind, but will break it open in the tbird quarter and get to 25 - 30 points up midway through the final stanza, before allowing Norfs a late flurry.
We hang on to grab 4 premiership points with an un-exciting 9 point victory.

A win is a win.
North won’t get smashed in the media, no one cares.

With no Sanfl this week we probably should play Charlie, pointless him doing 'match sim'. Weather not great for four talls though...

1652060499655.png

Considering what Goldstein did to young Peter Ladhams in that horrific 2019 game, I dread what could happen to 5 game Hayes against the same team.

The problem is, coming off of all the thumping's they've endured through over the past month, it of course likely means that they'll pull a season best performance out of their arse & thump us out of nowhere. Mind you, that could also be better for the club in the long term to enforce change.

If the midfield is as weak as its shown to be, there's no reason why Rozee & Butters can't get 30+ each.

Marshall should continue some stellar form too so long as he's still eating the sandwiches and taking pack marks.
Hayes is a very different build and tap ruckman to Ladhams.

It's a great test for Hayes but not as much of a challenge as more mobile ruckman will be.

I think he will compete well, probably lose his position, but not by that much.

The match up that strikes real fear for Hayes being destroyed is Gawn and Jackson.

Hayes is a very different build and tap ruckman to Ladhams.

It's a great test for Hayes but not as much of a challenge as more mobile ruckman will be.

I think he will compete well, probably lose his position, but not by that much.

The match up that strikes real fear for Hayes being destroyed is Gawn and Jackson.
In complete fairness, even the better ruckmen going around the comp end up getting a bath from those two.

With no Sanfl this week we probably should play Charlie, pointless him doing 'match sim'. Weather not great for four talls though...

View attachment 1396091

'It is still a bit proppy'. Charlie's words not mine. That being the case give him another week's rest and get it right. Dixon didn't play a full game in the SANFL last week and has not played a full game for 8 months. In any case I would like to see another week of Marshall, Finlayson and Georgiades together. On top of that the weather forecast does not look like it will suit a 200cm 107kg forward.

All of the above are probably good reasons for not picking big Charlie which means that Ken will probably pick him.

I had to check when we played North Melbourne in Hobart, it was 2013. Hell it only seemed like yesterday. Two things from that game
1. the huge free kick differential, of course to the Roo's advantage, and
2. Ken didn't travel with the team as he had some dreaded lurgy and stayed back home in Adelaide and I think Alan Richardson took over for the day.
So this will be Kenny's first game in Hobart.
A virgin then.

Pretty good forecast for Bellerive this time of year !
Typically on days like that down here you get a bit in the morning and a bit late afternoon, so nothing to affect selection I would have thought

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only way this game will be interesting is if we lose.

One of the exotic stats on offer: Win this and we’ll join the Swans in being the only teams to register at least one win at every single venue we’ve ever played at for premiership points

Norf are paying almost $6.

I don't bet but this is almost enough to tempt me.
It's a challenge whether to bet on Port or not these days (not that I bet). Do you make an emotional bet on Port, so if they win you have something to compensate for seeking Hinkley and Koch smirking? Or bet on the opposition so you get an extra bonus of money, plus Hinkley closer to gone?

It's a challenge whether to bet on Port or not these days (not that I bet). Do you make an emotional bet on Port, so if they win you have something to compensate for seeking Hinkley and Koch smirking? Or bet on the opposition so you get an extra bonus of money, plus Hinkley closer to gone?

i really wouldn't be that surprised if we serve up a turd sandwich this week and norf have pencilled in this one to really have a crack. I think there's about a 30% chance of a big upset so a chance to x6 your dollaridoos seems like a good bet.

I still want us to win.
Bar Melbourne I don’t think anyone is that good. Just need to be in the right place at the right time. Under Ken we seem to preform much better in finals when we are the underdog. I’m down to sack Ken but I’d be a lot happier if he pulls off a miracle.
Keep winning *en.

BATTLE OF THE TITANS, FEEL THE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELECTRICITY IN THE BUILDUP TO THIS ONE. HOBART IS LITERALLY ON FIRE FROM THE HEAT STIRRING IN THE COLLECTIVE LOINS OF THE POPULACE
868edcc12a5048ec5daffa922538bdca

Game is a battle for JHF signature come the end of season 2023 😉
He won’t leave, he’s just building up value in his contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back