Preview Round 9, 2022 vs North Melbourne @ Hobart

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He won’t leave, he’s just building up value in his contract.

Yeah, if they continue to dip with a coach sacking thrown in, he’ll be absolutely rolling in dough as a third year player

Norf players still a bit sad and sooky after their coach said some nasty things to them. After a cuddle and hug they'll win by 5 points

Norf players still a bit sad and sooky after their coach said some nasty things to them. After a cuddle and hug they'll win by 5 points

This roasting from the coach happened after getting smashed by the lions in round 3. It’s only coming out now but I don’t think it will have any bearing on the result whatsoever.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think north will be better this week. At least they’ll try and the Tassie is not an easy place to play. Port win but it’s more a danger game than I would like.

I would get Dixon in. Leave the list as is. Bonner for Dixon. Bergman or Jones sub. Mead, Farrell and Lord emergencies.

868edcc12a5048ec5daffa922538bdca

Pleasure to have your company. Delightful. Out of this world.

Dry conditions there’s no excuse for anything other than a very comfortable win.

The game I don’t want to see is Charlie being our only focus in the forward 50. If Charlie plays this game I’d rather he was up the ground and running towards goal and not in the goal square running out from goal.

Windy and rain. Can't see Charlie or Bergman playing in that

This roasting from the coach happened after getting smashed by the lions in round 3. It’s only coming out now but I don’t think it will have any bearing on the result whatsoever.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Post was just a reflection of how soft 2022 players are.
Not really expecting an influence on this week's result. Norf are terrible and will lose
"Someone has to lose" participation trophies for everyone

Bergman would have to be zerochance of playing, has he even trained in the 3 weeks he's been off?

Charlie I could see playing. In wet conditions it's a game of territory gain and having a big target at the top of the goalsquare is an advantage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Post was just a reflection of how soft 2022 players are.
Not really expecting an influence on this week's result. Norf are terrible and will lose
"Someone has to lose" participation trophies for everyone

The fact he felt the need to go back and apologise days later doesn’t augur well for his wider grasp on the situation. Even if he said some real off-colour sh¡t, or unfairly targeted someone, you’ve always got to maintain the basic appearance of control and method to your madness.

Blight never went back and apologised for his post-game ‘Pathetic Pittman’ rant, despite the fact he’d forgotten the ruckman had torn a muscle early, and was sent back out there due to limited options, and could no longer jump.

The ‘let’s go left-field and take a highly-rated backroom guy who hasn’t been a senior for nigh-on 20 years’ worked for the Crows with Pyke, and the Lions with Fagan, but it always felt like a stretch this time.

The fact he felt the need to go back and apologise days later doesn’t augur well for his wider grasp on the situation. Even if he said some real off-colour sh¡t, or unfairly targeted someone, you’ve always got to maintain the basic appearance of control and method to your madness.

Blight never went back and apologised for his post-game ‘Pathetic Pittman’ rant, despite the fact he’d forgotten the ruckman had torn a muscle early, and was sent back out there due to limited options, and could no longer jump.

The ‘let’s go left-field and take a highly-rated backroom guy who hasn’t been a senior for nigh-on 20 years’ worked for the Crows with Pyke, and the Lions with Fagan, but it always felt like a stretch this time.
It is of course silly to speculate without knowing exactly what was said.

But you have either gone over the line with something complete unacceptable (such as racism), where you should be sacked immediately, or it is a harden up princess situation.

If we bomb it long to Dixon 3 on 1 more than 5 times in a row, we need to take him off the ground.
Nah they need to drag the guy that kicked it.

Ita not Charlie's fault for being an option it is the kickers fault for not lowering his eyes.

When Dixon returns, our MO should be:

For every five I50 entries, we bomb it long to Charlie twice and get crumbers at his feet for any spoil, and

twice we target the other talls, either in a marking contest 1:1 on the basis Dixon is being multiple teamed, or by making space and kicking it for them to use their superior agility and lead into said void, and

one time we get a small like Gray, Fantasia or Butters isolated 1:1 with everyone else vacating the area and leading up the ground, so our guy can use his smarts and forward craft to outwit his oppo.

Bet you we are more efficient than just "bomb it onto Charlie's head" on either a 1 versus 4 scenario, or with all our guys flying against each other and no one down. 😎

If we generate 3 score involvements out of every 5, it's better than 1 from 5 like now.

Mix it up!

Dixon should be playing anywhere near the other talls. Force it so Dixon gets two talls on him, then we target Todd / MG / Finlayson, knowing they can handle it and one should have a shorter opponent. Or they realise they can't stick all the talls on Dixon and then you can back him to win a one on one tall duel. It SHOULD be simple for our coaches, but fully expecting we'll completely stuff up the forward line with Dixon back, after it finally looks like it's starting to function nicely.

Id like to be the first to congratulate Travis Boak on breaking the AFL port adelaide games record this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back