Opinion Round 9 Changes vs. Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dare I say it - does Weller go back to WAFL? A really poor game today and I don't think last week was that good either....
From memory i think ross said he was happy with weller's game in the press conference.

Personally i think Ibbotson was s**t, the weak effort on dusty martin in the last qtr really stood out on top of a few other things which he does week in week out, however i don't think he will be dropped because he plays that medium defender role who can take talls and smalls which we don't really have a like for like replacement.

As for ballas i get the feeling he will be sent to peel to find form after being out for so long.

Id tip Hilly to come straight back in, and the only obvious out for him would be pearce but i don't even think he was that bad today. It's going to be a tough selection committee this week!

Out: Ibbotson, Sutcliffe and Pearce

In: Ryan, Ballantyne and Hill.

Ibbotson for Ryan
Ballantyne for Sutcliffe, Crozier to fill Sutcliffe's spot down back.
Hill for Pearce.

None of them deserve to be dropped really, but you can always improve through change.

In
Hill

Out
Sutcliffe

Sutcliffe wasn't all that bad. I really want to drop Ibbo n put Crozier on notice. But we currently don't have someone to fill Ibbo's spot until Ross n the committee reckon Luke Ryan is ready

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In
Hill

Out
Sutcliffe

Sutcliffe wasn't all that bad. I really want to drop Ibbo n put Crozier on notice. But we currently don't have someone to fill Ibbo's spot until Ross n the committee reckon Luke Ryan is ready

I will drop ibbo , I think sutty done enough to keep his place , also spend some time in wafl . take courage to change , just as ross said putting Walters in the midfield.

The Lachie Weller call is laughable as he is crucial off half back. His game was very solid today and I don't remember one mistake (went at 93.3% efficiency). This was only bettered by Lee Spurr so I don't agree with the calls to remove him either although he did get beaten on occasion.

I wouldn't mind seeing Logue and Ryan in for Ibbo and Sutcliffe though considering we are in a rebuild and both have huge potential.

Winning 5 out of the last 6 says there won't be many changes apart from Injuries . Hill and Balla will be automatic when fit .

Hill yes. Ballas no. And that's coming from his buddy. Coming back from injury and a poor year I'd like to see him earn selection through strong WAFL performances.

Agree though that there won't be many if any unforced changes.

Dare I say it - does Weller go back to WAFL? A really poor game today and I don't think last week was that good either....

Drop one of our most promising youngsters (who fills a role we desperately need) on the back of just two not-so-great games? No chance he'll get dropped.

We're undoubtedly placing a fair bit of future back half ball movement on this bloke's shoulders.
Club's showing great commitment and confidence that he'll repay.
I'll back'em in again.

Did he? He was playing on Rioli for a lot of the time that I could see. Rioli barely got a sniff.

He didn't turn it over much that I can remember?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really need to put game into collins and Luke Ryan before Johnson or hamling get injured . don't think they can learn much from ibbo and spurr . a.pearce learn a lot playing alongside with macca or Johnson during 2015 .dropping weller to wafl is s**t suggestions , saw his defensive game improving from rd 1 to now.

Possibly a bad time for Balic to lose his spot through Illness too. If Hilly is ready to come back in then i'm not sure who else could make way for him to squeeze back into the team.

Mundy might be in trouble .
Steven in for me and Ballas to Peel .
Balic in for Grey (injury).
D PEARCE will stay if Mundy is out .
Tucker or Sutcliffe could be out but they would very unlucky to be dropped ..
Crozier's a stay due to him improved tackling

Would love to see Ryan,hill if fit back in for the likes of ibbotson,sutcliffe but don't see it happening. Ballantyne to have a run in the twos after his injury would be good for a bit of match practice before he comes back in but Ross might just throw him in if fit

Winning 5 out of the last 6 says there won't be many changes apart from Injuries . Hill and Balla will be automatic when fit .
I'd give Bella a game with Peel. Hill is definitely an automatic in.

I want Ryan in but he might have to wait a bit longer.

Ibbotson, Sutcliffe, Tucker, Grey, Pearce, Crozier would be those in the mix for relegation to Peel. I don't want to get caught up in the drop Igbo as the scapegoat but he might benefit from a run with Peel. Confidence is a little shot. Whilst defensively he has been quite good, he has made a few bad decisions/ clangers (ie attempted tackle on Dusty in the last, the HTB against Fantasia in the 1st against Essendon and there have been others).

I thought Danyle Pearce was quite good.

Was the free against Crozier there? The one where the ball got taken away from Brady Grey? Almost cost us the game, given Grey was about to drive the ball forward when we were up by 2pts.

playing ballas for peel is such a waste time, go straight back to freo .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back