Prediction Round 9: Changes vs Essendon

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
Switta out for Schultz.
Brayshaw out for Blakely
Cerra out for Duman, and... we’ll bring McCarthy straight back in for Hogan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lach72

Bam!
Sep 30, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo and Bulldogs, ManU
Switta out for Schultz.
Brayshaw out for Blakely
Cerra out for Duman, and... we’ll bring McCarthy straight back in for Hogan.
Can see Switta or Hogan going anywhere.

Cerra, Colyer and Brayshaw need a week off.

Darcy Tucker was just ticking over.
I’d actually prefer him back in the middle like the first couple of games.

Brad Hill looked disinterested.
Alex Pearce had his first poor game f the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

malpaso

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, Kansas City Royals
OUT: Cerra, Colyer
IN: Blakely, Giro/Crowden

Deathly

Sep 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
There’s no way we’re dropping Hogan. Our forward structure is garbage. But hogan out and we ll really be hurting
He's playing with a limited preseason and should still be managed properly. He should have a recharge before the bye, should of happened earlier but Essendon a good MU for it.

Steinfreo

Premiership Player
Aug 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
McCarthy for Hogan. Haha wow. Never in a million years.
Your boyfriend Cox is a lazy spud, even Mccarthys **** games are better.

I want us to go smaller, Blakely for one of our Tall forwards, I dont care which one.

Freoforever86

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 30, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
'Get a grip' lol.

I don't think he will outperform any of our tall forwards so he makes way for Darcy instead of one of Cox, Hogan or Taberner.
Well, be prepared to be disappointed, cause he won’t come out.

He took 3 marks i50 and should have kicked 3. But yeah, not dangerous.

I do want Darcy in though, just not for him.

Steinfreo

Premiership Player
Aug 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Cox was good today. Doesn't completely **** himself in a one on one contest or when he attacks the ball, can actually mark also, unlike McCarthy.
McCarthy sucks, Cox is worse. I dont think neither will ever work in a forward line with Tabs and Hogan. Cox has basically the exact same weaknesses and strengths as Tabs (minus the tank) so he has to occupy the same space as Tabs, its never gonig to work. At least McCarthy is **** at different things so he can stay out of Tabs/Hogans way most of the time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

freo1997

Club Legend
Jul 6, 2011
munster
AFL Club
Fremantle
McCarthy sucks, Cox is worse. I dont think neither will ever work in a forward line with Tabs and Hogan. Cox has basically the exact same weaknesses and strengths as Tabs (minus the tank) so he has to occupy the same space as Tabs, its never gonig to work. At least McCarthy is **** at different things so he can stay out of Tabs/Hogans way most of the time.
Wonder how Kersten would go in this current fwd set up?

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
Can see Switta or Hogan going anywhere.

Cerra, Colyer and Brayshaw need a week off.

Darcy Tucker was just ticking over.
I’d actually prefer him back in the middle like the first couple of games.

Brad Hill looked disinterested.
Alex Pearce had his first poor game f the year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tucker was poor last week as well. Agree he needs a change of role or let’s give North a go.

Colyer will play next week. Take it to the bank.

Hogan has to be injured??? Surely we haven’t made him that bad in just a month of games.

mightymouse75

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Wimbledon AFC
So we didnt win? Im taking it as a positive that i went for a surf instead of watched the game 😁

Square Peg

Premiership Player
Jul 20, 2014
Fremantle WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Genuine question, were any of the people that are bagging Colyer at the ground or only watching on TV. Cause he was one of the few guys that gave a **** today. first, second and third efforts when some guys like Brad ******* Hill barely gave a first.
I don't know what we are going to do with Brayshaw. To see him moved onto Martin at the end as if the coach was saying go and see what a real player plays like was telling. Is dropping him going to do any good? I don't know.
Darcy and Blakely must come in. Must. Cox out. Lobb forward and strictly second ruck.

WeaselWJ

All Australian
May 1, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
I don't know what we are going to do with Brayshaw. To see him moved onto Martin at the end as if the coach was saying go and see what a real player plays like was telling. Is dropping him going to do any good? I don't know.
More to the point, dropping Brayshaw for Blakely will do the team some good.

Alfonz

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 23, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Genuine question, were any of the people that are bagging Colyer at the ground or only watching on TV. Cause he was one of the few guys that gave a **** today. first, second and third efforts when some guys like Brad ******* Hill barely gave a first.
I was at the game and Colyer tried hard, but had no positive impact on the game apart from a nice junk time goal. It doesn't matter how much effort you put in if all the hard work is undone by poor skills and decision making. And that is a major problem we have with a coach who values effort over skill.

E Shed

Fremantle Obsessive
Sep 10, 2006
Perth WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
reckon Fyfe will be suspended, won't get the Ablett discount.
In - Blakely.

MadMundy

Team Captain
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Glory, Bulls
Changes definitely need to be made.

IN: Blakely (he needs to be brought back in now), Darcy (if we're serious about him being our future then maybe we should play him), Bewley (give the guy a chance to show what he's got)

OUT: Brayshaw (in serious need of a break at Peel, genuinely seems lost out there), Cox (didn't do anything to cement his spot imo, give him more time in the 2s), Colyer (guy tried his absolute heart out today but his disposal was just appalling, give him time to improve his disposal and he'll be good to go again)

TheMcManusNose

Club Legend
Apr 21, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Vancouver Canucks
This is a good point I think. Cox and Tabs are the same type of player. I do rate Cox a lot and think he'll be better than Tabs but right now you can't play Tabs, Cox and Hogan in the same team. Cox is the least beneficial to us right now. McCarthy is a different beast. He's a tall flanker not a KPP.

Square Peg

Premiership Player
Jul 20, 2014
Fremantle WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
I was at the game and Colyer tried hard, but had no positive impact on the game apart from a nice junk time goal. It doesn't matter how much effort you put in if all the hard work is undone by poor skills and decision making. And that is a major problem we have with a coach who values effort over skill.
That's not what I saw. Matera's one goal was set up because Colyer went low and hard and pushed it out to him. He made some horrible skill errors but you don't drop a guy for that when you have so many other passengers

Top Bottom