Toast Round 9 = Collingwood 103-37 West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like Nick Daicos has realised he’s got greater strength this year in recent weeks and is now starting to use that strength in the contest. Has added another level to his game.
Reckon he’s gained some pace too! That was especially noticeable to me vs Carlton

In previous years he’s a chance to get off, but with the mro crack down on any high contact this year it’s difficult to see how he doesn’t get suspended. There’s also no real room to move in the grading table. High impact, reckless and concussed is 3 weeks.

Bytel being off balance played a big part, but Darling braced when had the option to push with his hands instead. That’s trouble this year.
To me it looked more like he tucked his arm in to try to avoid the contact rather than bracing for it, particularly when you look at the footage in real time rather than slowed down. Honestly I don’t think he had time to put his arms out to push, so personally I’d disregard that as an option.
To me it was a clear case of accidental contact, but the MRO guidelines will probably end up in him getting weeks.

If you don't like people yelling, don't go to the footy, go somewhere quiet. Simple.
While I agree that there are some pearl clutchers out there, the entitlement of thinking that buying a ticket gives a person the right to act a like an antisocial flog and everyone else just has to either live with it or not go to the game is crap.

No one is getting kicked out just for harmless yelling.

To me it looked more like he tucked his arm in to try to avoid the contact rather than bracing for it, particularly when you look at the footage in real time rather than slowed down. Honestly I don’t think he had time to put his arms out to push, so personally I’d disregard that as an option.
To me it was a clear case of accidental contact, but the MRO guidelines will probably end up in him getting weeks.
The natural instinct is to brace and protect yourself instead of pushing off an opponent. The AFL is trying to change this, which will take time. In the meantime though I agree it means players don’t have time to push or put their arms out, however the mro doesn’t seem to care about this.

I watch games with volume down a lot of the time for this reason. My dream would be to have the option of muting the commentators and just having the crowd noise.

I'd love it if Kayo gave us multiple audio options

I'm obviously not fully aware of the technological limitations but given "red for Ed" was a thing on Foxtel a decade or more ago, I don't see why Kayo can't access the audio from the various radio stations and allow us to select

I'm obviously not fully aware of the technological limitations but given "red for Ed" was a thing on Foxtel a decade or more ago, I don't see why Kayo can't access the audio from the various radio stations and allow us to select
You can stream it to the sen broadcast.

Foxtel had the option of muting the commentators and having crowd audio years ago. Not sure why they got rid of it, maybe it was too popular? 🤣

At least next year we will have Foxtel commentators for all matches. Maybe they will bring other options back as well.

You can stream it to the sen broadcast.

What SEN does is a little different.

You're basically using the app to sync to the game, you then need to effectively mute your TV and play the audio off your app.

In terms of having that setup be "ideal", you effectively need to be a person with a soundbar and have your soundbar on Bluetooth audio while watching the game

Reef has a couple advantages over Henry: pace and height. Definitely quicker and 194cm to Ollie's 189cm. Not to say that Henry's no good or that Reef will clearly be better, but Henry has limits on his ceiling.

He does have decent hands, but what he lacks atm is strength. If he's able to add to that and work better in one on ones I think he'll be very good. Already think he's good enough for a young 194cm player, they usually do take a bit longer. Coming along pretty well.
Think reef looked good
He’s had injuries galore so just needs to beef up a bit more , build the tank etc
He knows how to kick a goal

What SEN does is a little different.

You're basically using the app to sync to the game, you then need to effectively mute your TV and play the audio off your app.

In terms of having that setup be "ideal", you effectively need to be a person with a soundbar and have your soundbar on Bluetooth audio while watching the game
Works fine for me when I've used it at home. I don't have any soundbar or use Bluetooth.

The natural instinct is to brace and protect yourself instead of pushing off an opponent. The AFL is trying to change this, which will take time. In the meantime though I agree it means players don’t have time to push or put their arms out, however the mro doesn’t seem to care about this.
Putting your arms out in an incident like this is likely to result in an eye poked out. It’s a ludicrous suggestion by the AFL that that could be a better outcome than a concussion, but as it stands if that happened the player probably wouldn’t get weeks. It’s bonkers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What’s he got that gets you excited. He’s not fast, he’s not tall, he’s not sticky fingered, he has no X factor, like AJ, to speak of. Doesn’t seem to have outstanding footy smarts.
He may turn out to be a good honest footballer but I don’t see anything to get excited about myself.

What does AJ have outside of X factor?

It's fascinating watching us fly under the radar:

• Reigning Premier
  • Reigning Premier as the biggest Club in the AFL
  • Currently the only team in the comp undefeated since Round 2 (Essendon lost in Round 4, Sydney in Round 3)

The oddity of the closeness of the ladder seems to be allowing us to work under the cover of darkness. We've only lost one more game than Geelong and Essendon yet sit technically "clinging" to 8th.

I'm ok with this. But doing a ladder predictor about a month or so ahead and working under the assumption (which could obviously be misguided) that we continue our winning form, we'll be almost top of the ladder and obviously won't be able to hide any longer.

My phone. And I have a Google Nest.

Ah I figured.

That's where we differ I guess. I couldn't watch that way.

I need my audio to be coming via my TV/Hifi to be watchable.

But where is your audio coming from/through?

I've done a mixture of using SEN Sync via headphones and then using my phone audio when I can't be arsed going and finding my headphones. Even phone audio is better than C7.

But otherwise you're right, going into the other room and using the TV with a sound bar is my next plan.

If you manage to get a Friday night game with Matt Hill and Whately, it's 100 times better than BT and co.

Reef did well today but something looked not quite ok in the 2nd half.
He was absolutely gassed 10mins into the 3rd qrtr. To his credit he managed another long range goal straight after, but immediately went to the bench and wasn't seen again until the start of the 4th.
He didn't seem comfortable in the 4th and his run was lacking in the 2nd half.
Good effort and has the tools to make an excellent player.
Certainly has the tools to be a good AFL player. Agree that his fitness needs improvement. You would hope that Reef is doing the extra hard yards to get his tank to a standard.

I've done a mixture of using SEN Sync via headphones and then using my phone audio when I can't be arsed going and finding my headphones. Even phone audio is better than C7.

But otherwise you're right, going into the other room and using the TV with a sound bar is my next plan.

If you manage to get a Friday night game with Matt Hill and Whately, it's 100 times better than BT and co.

I find it odd Foxtel don't have use Whateley?

Unless SEN have built some sort of exclusivity into his contract for calling?

To me the ultimate calling team for TV would be Whateley and Howie with Bucks and Daisy doing special comments.

Having said that, on radio, JB and BT are infinitely better than they are on Channel 7 so I blame 7 for most likely curbing their natural calling style.

What’s he got that gets you excited. He’s not fast, he’s not tall, he’s not sticky fingered, he has no X factor, like AJ, to speak of. Doesn’t seem to have outstanding footy smarts.
He may turn out to be a good honest footballer but I don’t see anything to get excited about myself.
If AJ had Reef’s focus and application then he’d be a superstar.
I’m an AJ fan, but I definitely see Reefs predictable effort as a strong point of difference.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back