Preview Round 9 - North Melbourne vs GWS Giants, Saturday 19th May 2018, 1.45pm, Blundstone Arena

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lobb and Keefe similar stats last week but not sure how they split the other time on the ground but hoping Lobb builds up match fitness to be able to ruck a full game from next week
I would rather Patton was playing but with the form he is in I am not sure he offers much more than Keefe does at the moment
The Kangaroos are actually in pretty good shape with maybe 3 best 25 players out and they have geed depth to cover
Youngest player for the Roos is Clarke almost 21 in his third season and 29 games under his belt where as Giants have several in their first/second years and less than 20 games

Jy Simpkin is 20 and in his second year, playing his 22.

Flying out tonight.

All im looking for is an improvement on the skills, especially kicking efficiency.

We need a win big time but i cant see it. I dont understand why Bunts and Patton arent in. Keefe sucks and Bunts was one of our best in the NeAFL.
Jezza will be better for the game last week.

Fingers crossed.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I can only offer:
- Once you make the decision to drop someone they need to show improvement before reselecting them. I personally wouldn't have dropped him but what do I know?
- Bunts might not be hitting his KPI's. 30 touches in a game might look great on the score sheet, but he might not be addressing bigger picture things

Who knows

I can only offer:
- Once you make the decision to drop someone they need to show improvement before reselecting them. I personally wouldn't have dropped him but what do I know?
- Bunts might not be hitting his KPI's. 30 touches in a game might look great on the score sheet, but he might not be addressing bigger picture things

Who knows
Understand what you mean.

Patton seemed like a "token" drop to show that Leon can and will drop someone.

Personally would of kept Patton in and dropped Shaw. He has been our consistently worst performer.

Maybe the travel to Tassie Leon was being cautious. Maybe. (Need a shrug smilie)

Understand what you mean.

Patton seemed like a "token" drop to show that Leon can and will drop someone.

Personally would of kept Patton in and dropped Shaw. He has been our consistently worst performer.

Maybe the travel to Tassie Leon was being cautious. Maybe. (Need a shrug smilie)

Do you really think shaw has been that bad? Im not certain his criticism has been fair. Watch the directions he gives on game day and that backline structure is partly why our defence has been so good the last few years. Its our most structured area of the field. I know the easy criticism has been his disposal by boot but im not sure its is that much worse than others in the team (especially when we get repeat entries into the backline). He went at 70 odd % two weeks ago. His 1:1 work has been good as well.

If the criticism is structures, our midfield ability to compress the field coming out of the F50 is far more of a problem IMO

Anyway, good chat

Do you really think shaw has been that bad? Im not certain his criticism has been fair. Watch the directions he gives on game day and that backline structure is partly why our defence has been so good the last few years. Its our most structured area of the field. I know the easy criticism has been his disposal by boot but im not sure its is that much worse than others in the team (especially when we get repeat entries into the backline). He went at 70 odd % two weeks ago. His 1:1 work has been good as well.

If the criticism is structures, our midfield ability to compress the field coming out of the F50 is far more of a problem IMO

Anyway, good chat
I am a Shaw fan, but lately for every 2 good things there is at least 1 dumb one, and his dumb ones have impact, has given away 5 goals off his own crap decisions or executions in the last 2 weeks alone.
I wouldn't drop him out of hand, but I'd show him the drop hammer for sure, his area of influence is too vulnerable to be making those kind of mistakes with that kind of frequency.

I am a Shaw fan, but lately for every 2 good things there is at least 1 dumb one, and his dumb ones have impact, has given away 5 goals off his own crap decisions or executions in the last 2 weeks alone.
I wouldn't drop him out of hand, but I'd show him the drop hammer for sure, his area of influence is too vulnerable to be making those kind of mistakes with that kind of frequency.
I would agree that he needs some accountability but would say at this stage on balance he is still in the black

I would agree that he needs some accountability but would say at this stage on balance he is still in the black
I find Heater confusing. To me he's still an excellent lock down defender, but the clangers in the Geelong game, particularly, hurt in a game where we didn't need hurt. I get he's been a good leader but if he cant lead by example his day might be approaching.

Not yet, or on the basis of one game though I agree.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ad20eff4c23c4bfe3e9b60d50aaef179.jpg

Rain isn't expected to impact, so it should be an open game. I'm expecting a hard fought match, but I expect a north win due to the injury factor.

You were my preseason tip for the flag, but it looks like you're going to have to take the long way home to get there this year.

It would've sounded crazy if you said it at the start of the start of the season, but we're pretty much at a point where a Rnd 9 win over North could be season defining. With the injury situation biting, and a string of disappointing performances, we really need to turn the momentum around for the run into the bye. Bombers and Suns in the next 3 weeks are no gimmes, but will be a hell of a lot easier if we can go into them with our tails up after a win today.

Go Giants !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back