Preview Round 9 vs Gold Coast

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I know, just going by what our website mentioned.

I suspect they may need to name him in the side just so they've got 22, but they'll just park him on the bench and he won't even get out of his tracksuit. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they sat a corpse or two on the bench, Weekend at Bernie's style, just to fill the 22 player requirement.

Or maybe it'll be like kids football when one team is down a player because somebody didn't show up - we'll just lend you one of ours off our bench :p If we name VB, you can have him :p

Pretty happy to have some non-blockbuster games coming up so we can just quietly rack up a few wins. Hopefully the players don't see it that way as professionals, but nice for the supporter base.
No easy games this year, just don't have any confidence in our current form and feel that we could quite easily miss the finals if current form persists for another week or so.

No disrespect to GCS intended as there is a clear understanding of the quantity and quality of players unavailable. Opposition will be near on a NEAFL side on Saturday.

This is a reset/reload game for us. After 8 weeks of having a "big" game in "big timeslots (5 games of either Fri/Sat night), I've no doubt some fatigue has set in - it would have to given the high quality, high pressure opposition we have faced week in week out.

Other sides have got themselves rolling off the back of this type of fixture, so there's no reason to downgrade what we are setting out to achieve this Saturday. An opportunity to have a significant % boosting win and get our confidence/energy flowing again.

I can foresee minimal unforced changes again to give those underperformers of the last 2 weeks to recapture form. That said I still think there is room to rotate some mids- just get the feeling it won't happen.

If we go there with limited expectation other than to get back to how we were playing weeks 1-6, then I've no doubt a huge win will eventuate.
There need to be repercussions for players that dont perform, would be disgusted in the coaching group if they reward the insipid perfotmances from last 3 weeks...time for change...enough is enough...4 changes are needed!

Sorry for the intrusion, but thought I'd let you know the state of things on the GC, as far as I know. I don't have any inside info but the players most likely to be unavailable for us on Saturday are, Ablett O'Meara Swallow May Prestia Miller Cameron Hallahan Hall McKenzie Nicholls Rosa Rischitelli Sexton Saad Stanley and Russell. Not sure about Thompson and 2MP so excluded them.

Now a couple of them might play, but if they do they'll be playing injured. The Crows should win it comfortably.

Cheers

Sorry for the intrusion, but thought I'd let you know the state of things on the GC, as far as I know. I don't have any inside info but the players most likely to be unavailable for us on Saturday are, Ablett O'Meara Swallow May Prestia Miller Cameron Hallahan Hall McKenzie Nicholls Rosa Rischitelli Sexton Saad Stanley and Russell. Not sure about Thompson and 2MP so excluded them.

Now a couple of them might play, but if they do they'll be playing injured. The Crows should win it comfortably.

Cheers

That is a massively decimated team, in his time at the club Eade hadn't had a good run with team injuries

The parallels with last year's game are almost eerie. That was one of the worst wins I think I've ever seen, and nowhere near the percentage booster we needed it to be.
Reckon we are playing much differently this year. Guess time will tell. I'm expecting a great game with us yelling our heads off (after every goal, when Panell stuffs up). I'm expecting to be voiceless after.

This game overlaps with the port game, so the port game broadcast won't start until this game has completed. If you are at the game and see an opportunity to extend the time off, take it, make it so only half of the port game gets broadcast.

Lock the doors to the change rooms at half time, break a goal post, streak, in fact organise a big bunch of streakers and send them in one at a time.
Got it covered! ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Part of me is stunned Pannell is umpiring our game this weekend, but then I remember a few years ago (when Bickley was coach) when Nicholls nearly caused a riot at AAMI Stadium (it's was the one game I seriously thought he was going to get dragged over the fence) and yet he got our game the following week (coincidentally it as Gold Coast at Metricon too).

With all due respect to GC, we must not let them drag us down to their level.

That is exactly what happened with Fremantle. A game we should have won easily ended up a bit of a dog fight as we got ahead of ourselves and went away from our fundamentals. Luckily we still won the game in the end, but the damage was done. That game marked the start of alot of bad and old habits which has undone alot of our good work.

Let's win, and win well playing the style of football that we know we can and should play.

With all due respect to GC, we must not let them drag us down to their level.

That is exactly what happened with Fremantle. A game we should have won easily ended up a bit of a dog fight as we got ahead of ourselves and went away from our fundamentals. Luckily we still won the game in the end, but the damage was done. That game marked the start of alot of bad and old habits which has undone alot of our good work.

Let's win, and win well playing the style of football that we know we can and should play.
I'm not sure they have it in them to scrap it out, not with the type of players they are missing.

I'm not one for predicting 10+ goal wins but this should be one. Who of our forwards could be the one to dine out ??

I'm not sure they have it in them to scrap it out, not with the type of players they are missing.

I'm not one for predicting 10+ goal wins but this should be one. Who of our forwards could be the one to dine out ??

We need to be ruthless regardless and not just take it easy and start getting fancy and sloppy.

Precise, ruthless, tough football.

We need to be ruthless regardless and not just take it easy and start getting fancy and sloppy.

Precise, ruthless, tough football.
I'm expecting GC to scratch, claw and bite and to make bloody nuisances of themselves until they can't maintain the rage anymore. Hopefully they run out of adrenalin halfway through the first quarter, but i'm guessing it won't be until halfway through the third, or later, when we actually start looking like a team wanting to go deep into finals. That, or hopefully we blow them away from the get-go.

Back