Media S27 - Sweet FA Rising Star

Remove this Banner Ad

Stop making us look bad showpony
giphy.gif

You could always nominate someone for a second time , I know one bloke had 127 DT points on the weekend ;):cool:
no. You need to your class to step up otherwise when you win EKA and RS, its gonna look meaningless because if how lackluster and inactive ur class is.

What a wonderful batch of rookies we have this season, I have enjoyed so very much interacting with you and seeing your development over the course of the season. As ruler over this award in season 24 and crowning of future premiership captain and EKA medalist Yakker I am of very much importance so my praise should make you feel good. Very good.

Cheers nahnah

What a wonderful batch of rookies we have this season, I have enjoyed so very much interacting with you and seeing your development over the course of the season. As ruler over this award in season 24 and crowning of future premiership captain and EKA medalist Yakker I am of very much importance so my praise should make you feel good. Very good.

Cheers nahnah
Why thank you :thumbsu:

Being honest what is the point in writing posts and bagging three goals... But AceAndy is correct, this is the only thing 'we' rookies can win and give us some limelight otherwise there is no point in being involved.

Cheers nahnah
The love was always and forever will be there man :heartarrow:

Being honest what is the point in writing posts and bagging three goals... But AceAndy is correct, this is the only thing 'we' rookies can win and give us some limelight otherwise there is no point in being involved.
You can win your clubs best first year player, EKA, Rising Star, even BnF.

Its not the only award for Rookies .....we also have the covetted EKA award

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1549798653032.png

ROUND 10 NOMINEE

Carson Dial
Of

Fighting Furies

Carson had an outstanding day out with 23 disposals, 69 DT points. He also contributed very well with 45 posts, Considering how badly the Furies have been this season, it's certainly a spark of optimism for the club and the young star.

Presenting you the outstanding interaction yours truly had with the rising star.

How did you find the Sweet FA?
Been on BF for 12 months and was approached by TJASTA

How did you land at the Furies?
As above

What do you enjoy about the league/club?
Banter and piss taking

What do the Furies need to do to make finals?
Get more teammates to join in. To few doing the heavy lifting

Who do you look up to ask your heroes in qooty? Apart from Sab22
None as yet
What have you learned about teamwork from being on this team? How does the team make you a better player?
You need to learn the strengths of other players and the weaknesses and support as required

Is it true that you thought money did grow on trees because banks have branches?
**** me is this a joke? Are you trolling me

Do you consider yourself important enough to be assassinated instead of just murdered?
Definitely

Do you rate your club's leadership group, especially the man in charge TJASTA?
Like I said there are too few except the leaders helping out

Captain TJASTA shared his thought's as well.

How'd you get your hand on this dashing rookie?
Me and Carson had some run-in back when I posted a bit on MB last year. One day I saw posting in the "One word story" thread in the club room, I (being the smart guy that I am) immediately sent him a PM. The rest is history.
How have you seen his progress across the season so far?
On-field, he has been one of our better players. He is quite deadly off the wing and half-back flank. Off-field has been typical of a rookie, seem to be quiet in the first few rounds posting a couple of times a week. However, the last two weeks he has bursting onto the scene and started to post some quality stuff.
What sort of influence does he have on the playing group?
Obviously, seeing somebody new buying into our brand is awesome to see while we rebuild our list. After losing so much quality over the past two season, we still trying to bridge the core and actives and Carson influence is helping a lot in this process. Also, it helps break the stereotypes that 99% of the dumbshit tosspot losers that make up this shithole still believe about the Furies, which is always good.
Could he be the captain Furies really need? ;)
1555936363327-png.660141

What sort of role do you think he'd be playing in the team off the field in the near future?
If he continues to active in match threads, I would be more than happy to give him a spot in the leadership group. Similar to PieLebo87 in the past off-season. We really need to build up the next generation of leaders at the Furies. He is ticking all of the boxes at the moment.

Yes, i know how you're feeling after reading Carson's interview. I felt the same, that's why we bring you Tigerturbulance edition of Carson's interview.

Ladies and Gentleman, this is how you respond.

TT: The full story is CD was approached by TJASTA when he found him sleeping and eating out the dumpster at the back of the Hippodrome. We tried to get rid of him but he put up a good fight that’s when we knew he was Furies material.

TT: once we got him subdued we had to strap him in something; so he landed at the Furies in a Gimp chair.

Banter and piss taking

TT: Furies will make the finals by winning. We have done some recruiting S27 and it’s taken some time to find where our new rookies do their best work. CD as recognition for the work his done around the club and the training track was moved from half back to the wing. To his credit he grabbed the opportunity and played a solid game so will be looked at again by the selection committee to do the wing role against the Bears.

TT: give me back the signed pair of game worn jocks you begged me for if lm not your hero

What have you learned about teamwork from being on this team? How does the team make you a better player?
TT: Like most rookies CD is finding his rhythm within the furies playing group, no easy task

Is it true that you thought money did grow on trees because banks have branches?
TT: best not talk about money, our rookies are unaware that players are payed good qoin in the SFA.

Do you consider yourself important enough to be assassinated instead of just murdered?
TT: After some of CDs answers l agree

The inclusion of TT's version of the interview was done in an entertaining way, no hate or discouragement was intended in the process.

View attachment 660723

ROUND 10 NOMINEE

Carson Dial
Of

Fighting Furies

Carson had an outstanding day out with 23 disposals, 69 DT points. He also contributed very well with 45 posts, Considering how badly the Furies have been this season, it's certainly a spark of optimism for the club and the young star.

Presenting you the outstanding interaction yours truly had with the rising star.

Been on BF for 12 months and was approached by TJASTA

As above

Banter and piss taking

Get more teammates to join in. To few doing the heavy lifting

None as yet
You need to learn the strengths of other players and the weaknesses and support as required

**** me is this a joke? Are you trolling me

Definitely

Do you rate your club's leadership group, especially the man in charge TJASTA?
Like I said there are too few except the leaders helping out

Captain TJASTA shared his thought's as well.

How'd you get your hand on this dashing rookie?
Me and Carson had some run-in back when I posted a bit on MB last year. One day I saw posting in the "One word story" thread in the club room, I (being the smart guy that I am) immediately sent him a PM. The rest is history.
How have you seen his progress across the season so far?
On-field, he has been one of our better players. He is quite deadly off the wing and half-back flank. Off-field has been typical of a rookie, seem to be quiet in the first few rounds posting a couple of times a week. However, the last two weeks he has bursting onto the scene and started to post some quality stuff.
What sort of influence does he have on the playing group?
Obviously, seeing somebody new buying into our brand is awesome to see while we rebuild our list. After losing so much quality over the past two season, we still trying to bridge the core and actives and Carson influence is helping a lot in this process. Also, it helps break the stereotypes that 99% of the dumbshit tosspot losers that make up this shithole still believe about the Furies, which is always good.
Could he be the captain Furies really need? ;)
1555936363327-png.660141

What sort of role do you think he'd be playing in the team off the field in the near future?
If he continues to active in match threads, I would be more than happy to give him a spot in the leadership group. Similar to PieLebo87 in the past off-season. We really need to build up the next generation of leaders at the Furies. He is ticking all of the boxes at the moment.

Yes, i know how you're feeling after reading Carson's interview. I felt the same, that's why we bring you Tigerturbulance edition of Carson's interview.

Ladies and Gentleman, this is how you respond.

TT: The full story is CD was approached by TJASTA when he found him sleeping and eating out the dumpster at the back of the Hippodrome. We tried to get rid of him but he put up a good fight that’s when we knew he was Furies material.

TT: once we got him subdued we had to strap him in something; so he landed at the Furies in a Gimp chair.

Banter and piss taking

TT: Furies will make the finals by winning. We have done some recruiting S27 and it’s taken some time to find where our new rookies do their best work. CD as recognition for the work his done around the club and the training track was moved from half back to the wing. To his credit he grabbed the opportunity and played a solid game so will be looked at again by the selection committee to do the wing role against the Bears.

TT: give me back the signed pair of game worn jocks you begged me for if lm not your hero

TT: Like most rookies CD is finding his rhythm within the furies playing group, no easy task

TT: best not talk about money, our rookies are unaware that players are payed good qoin in the SFA.

TT: After some of CDs answers l agree

The inclusion of TT's version of the interview was done in an entertaining way, no hate or discouragement was intended in the process.
Quality Sabba. Serious TJASTA literally makes me spew up, thank * and praise The Jesus for Tigerturbulance saving the piece. :rainbow:

Congrats Carson Dial good to see you getting into the league m80, Furies were looking abit light on for flogs this season. :thumbsu:

Congratulations on your Rising Star nomination Carson Dial and welcome to the Sweet FA :thumbsu:

1549798653032-png.660723

Round 11

Some excellent performances in round round 11 coupled with a discussion about posting activity and quality prompted a robust discussion among the committee this week. Here's what Cadaver, WaynesWorld19 and TheInjuryFactory had to say about this week.
1) Which rookies caught your eye with their posting this week and why?

Dav: Cold Sober posted extremely well for the Dragons this week and was the standout in terms of rookies looking for nominations, he's proven to be another coup for the club after seamlessly integrating AceAndy this season.

TIF: We had the Roys this week, no rooks besides our two.

2) Which rookies performed well on the field?

Dav: The pick of the bunch for me has to be Ressies BushPig in our big win over the Furies; played in a variety of roles and had 15 disposals, 6 tackles and 4 goals in a tenacious performance.

WW: Noticeable this week was the excellent contribution of Cold Sober to a struggling Dragons posting outfit ......so kudos to CS for 38 posts, please keep up your contribution & hopefully @PhenomalV1 rewards your contributions. You are a deserving nominee, however this award, recognises first & foremost, on-field scoring

On the other hand we have Ressies BushPig, who received 100 DT points, but failed to participate in the matchday thread ......this makes it impossible to put forward a nomination

Maybe JoshWoodenSpoon this can be a spur to get an improved contributions from Ressies BushPig?

Also would like to recognise the continued strong efforts of Sausages and AceAndy ....I find your contributions stimulating and a valuable contribution to the SFA

TIF: Boys, big harry000 kicked 4 this week from a pocket after returning from suspension, I'd love to see him get a nom.

How many posts ;)
How was his posting?

He's coming off a ban and is abroad at the moment, but yeah 4 posts. :$

Body of work nomination. It's that time of the year. :rainbow:

We've gone 2 weeks without noms :p

Has had a strong season on and off field, but his qooty numbers have been **** playing out of a pocket.

He's finally got a qooty result worthy of a nomination, so he's my nom.

I could have easily pushed Thomas2 for the same reason in one of the nomless weeks

Who?

harry averages ~15-20 posts a match. Got a pr0n ban on the Bay and has been offline for a fortnight I think? Two weeks prior he had 19 & 18 posts in rounds 8 & 7.

Your man averages 5 posts a match. Not the same caliber.

I'm ok with no nom this week if that's what we work out as a committee, but harry hasn’t put up a better qooty performance this season and deserves a nom at some point, has contributed as much or more than any other rookie besides snags, Ace and Caz from what I've seen.

Never thought I'd get even semi worked up about this comp. Lol :$

I see your harry000 and I raise you bgt2110

Who?!

Body of work dav! I'm telling you mate it's a thing.

3) Who is your Rising Star nomination for this week and why?

Dav: The issue with these two players I've highlighted is that Cold Sober posted terrifically but started on the bench, giving him terrible stats, and Ressies BushPig played terrifically but didn't post at all. We're looking for a combination of both in this award, so PhenomenalV1, get your man onto the field and he'll be a more than decent chance in the coming rounds. No nomination from me this week.

WW: Unfortunately I cannot put forward a candidate for this round ...there are a few with strong potential ....just not quite getting the on-field and posting balance correct ...yet !

TIF: harry000. 4 goals. Body of work. The vibe. :thumbsu:

Sab22: We should probably stop this award till we actually find a nomination who fits our criteria.

So no nomination this week but we're getting closer. Let's hope PhenomenalV1 promotes Cold Sober to a spot reflective of his posting efforts in the coming weeks and those rookies who are already in decent spots come and join in the fun.

Thanks to Dav, Wayne, TIF for their contribution this week as well as Sab for his thoughts behind the scenes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back