News Saints appoint senior coach selection panel

Remove this Banner Ad

Represent.

I really like this wide spread approach they've taken with the selection committee. Marketability of the coach is a big thing for us.
Sisters are doing it for themselves, Benchy!

happy we're moving forward - but surely they could scrape up a better panel. smacks of a public service panel a bit too much for my liking.
marketability? i want someone who can coach, and if a better coach misses out to another based on marketability something is definitely wrong with our footy club. personally i'd have tried to get someone like matthews on the panel. and what does brad bring? experience under unsuccessful coaches?

You'd think someone, just one would've taken a break from all the gossip mongering, and bullshit articles and wrote something decent on this. You know considering apparently St Kilda, and the AFL as a whole have zero respect for women whatsoever. :rolleyes:

It's new territory for women to have a place in AFL boardrooms, 2 selecting our next coach is pretty groundbreaking. Yet not even 1 article.

Hello Caro? Sam Lane?

You'd think someone, just one would've taken a break from all the gossip mongering, and bullshit articles and wrote something decent on this. You know considering apparently St Kilda, and the AFL as a whole have zero respect for women whatsoever. :rolleyes:

It's new territory for women to have a place in AFL boardrooms, 2 selecting our next coach is pretty groundbreaking. Yet not even 1 article.

Hello Caro? Sam Lane?

About time they put a woman in charge of player recruitement eh CH.
You get my vote.
Squizzy can take a development role.

Hello Caro? Sam Lane?

TBF there was a throwaway comment about it floating in the media, simply the usual "1st time a woman has..." style comments that are easily forgotten about when the propaganda machine springs into motion, so it's not as if it's unknown quantity, they're just preferring another angle over the top of it which is more in line with what creates and sells.

Controversy sells more papers than success ever did.

Hello Caro? Sam Lane?

I dont think it's the kind of article Caro would want to write, she doesn't seem the type to want to stick her head out there for that kind of stuff? I could be very wrong and unfair with that call, I just can't recall any instances where she has done similar female-in-AFL type articles. But probably would have been a good one for Sam Lane

Represent.

I really like this wide spread approach they've taken with the selection committee. Marketability of the coach is a big thing for us.

Hello Caro? Sam Lane?

I have been listening to a number of science-based podcasts while I work. Some new research shows that committees like ours are very likely to make the best decision. the selection of such a committee should include good listeners and at least one woman. We are prone to think that it should include an expert coach, but the examples I have heard touted have shown that the committee members tend to defer to much to the expert - or allow him to lead - both actions are detrimental to the final decision. I think our club is in good hands.

TBF there was a throwaway comment about it floating in the media, simply the usual "1st time a woman has..." style comments that are easily forgotten about when the propaganda machine springs into motion, so it's not as if it's unknown quantity, they're just preferring another angle over the top of it which is more in line with what creates and sells.

Controversy sells more papers than success ever did.

I dont think it's the kind of article Caro would want to write, she doesn't seem the type to want to stick her head out there for that kind of stuff? I could be very wrong and unfair with that call, I just can't recall any instances where she has done similar female-in-AFL type articles. But probably would have been a good one for Sam Lane

I have lost almost all respect for Caro, and football journalists in general, after the examples set earlier this year with their fallacious articles and their inattention to little details like the truth

I have lost almost all respect for Caro, and football journalists in general, after the examples set earlier this year with their fallacious articles and their inattention to little details like the truth

I've reached the point of zero respect for them. Doesn't matter who they're talking about.

And they only have themselves to blame for that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back