Toast Saints are heading back to Moorabbin!

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes I was only joking , I would like us to play a few more games to the MCG though , good experience. Some sides , eg Collingwood , only ever have a few interstate trips but we always have a lot . Gets annoying when it happens year after year.

Yes I was only joking , I would like us to play a few more games to the MCG though , good experience. Some sides , eg Collingwood , only ever have a few interstate trips but we always have a lot . Gets annoying when it happens year after year.
I put a little intro post to this thread on the "Club finances" thread.

I caught up with several friends last night who I hadn't seen for several weeks...one was Town planning chief and one an Architect...as soon as I sat down at the table....I started the questions.

I gave them the background on the Saints plans & VCAT application(the Town planner had heard about it)

You should have seen their faces.....the "We're heard it all before" looks big time.

They both rattled off all the rules and laws....it was a little hard following it all.....I grabbed a glass of Veno !!!!!

The Architect was a little flabbergasted...he told me some of the horror stories that his firm has gone/is going thru due to one person complaining about something and going to VCAT.

Costing clients big bucks due to big delays....and he said most of the VCAT protests are over silly little things.

It turns out VCAT has been swamped with cases...they both said it was always about 3 months wait...now it's blown out to 6 months.
It used to cost $300 for a submission but is now about $1000 or heading up to that figure.

The possible good news is that they both smiled at the possible result(no guarantees of course) and both said the club will know the ruling a couple of days after the hearing.

I just walked into the social club at Moorabbin for a snoop.

They're just in the process of setting up an interactive TV with site plans etc. You can do a cyber walk through the new amenities. Pretty cool to look at.

Very nice of the propeller head who was setting it all up to show me through it. Reckon it'll be a bloody good set up when it's all done

I just walked into the social club at Moorabbin for a snoop.

They're just in the process of setting up an interactive TV with site plans etc. You can do a cyber walk through the new amenities. Pretty cool to look at.

Very nice of the propeller head who was setting it all up to show me through it. Reckon it'll be a bloody good set up when it's all done
Get back to work ya lazy sod:D

I believe its scheduled for next year so will be a few months yet im afraid.
The last I heard was that our hearing was scheduled for June....of course,cancellations of cases any any speeding up of the system may result in it being held earlier....I'm not holding my breathe tho.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

An AFL club in a town/city generates a lot of interest from the local community & schools etc.
Youd think it would be in the councils best interest to fast track it.
Or is it out of their hands with Vcat
I'm pretty sure it's completely out of Councils hands.....once VCAT make a decision....hopefully in the Club's favour...then Council issue a building permit....

It's obviously a very sensitive issue with the club...when SEN interviewed Matt Finnis a few weeks back...when asked about the delay in the relocation...he basically ducked answering it......he didn't mention...... VCAT,the pokies being the reason for the VCAT hearing and the lady protesting thru VCAT.

When I bounced this off my Town Planning mate last week...he said it's normal procedure for the defending party to generally not comment publically about the pending case.

It'll be interesting to see how much time it gets talked about at next Tuesday's AGM.

Your's truly will be in the audience listening very intently.

Just as an aside....the playing surface ain't in good nick at all. Looks they they knew noone will be playing on it for a year or so...so haven't kept up the watering. Very dry and patchy. Doubt you'd train on it to be honest.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My kid was down there on Saturday for the Saints Next Generation Academy, We had a kick before hand and the surface was pretty good for this time of year. The stadium building looks like it's out of Chernobyl but otherwise it's been kept in good order. Anyone with kids should enrol if they are in the area, I think the Saints get allotted money for their academy on numbers and the turn out wasn't great on Saturday. There was one kid who must have been under 16s and he looked ready to play AFL, he was built like an AFL star and was an athletic freak in all the tests he was doing.

I'm pretty sure it's completely out of Councils hands.....once VCAT make a decision....hopefully in the Club's favour...then Council issue a building permit....

It's obviously a very sensitive issue with the club...when SEN interviewed Matt Finnis a few weeks back...when asked about the delay in the relocation...he basically ducked answering it......he didn't mention...... VCAT,the pokies being the reason for the VCAT hearing and the lady protesting thru VCAT.

When I bounced this off my Town Planning mate last week...he said it's normal procedure for the defending party to generally not comment publically about the pending case.

It'll be interesting to see how much time it gets talked about at next Tuesday's AGM.

Your's truly will be in the audience listening very intently.

Any feedback will be appreciated. Thanks.

An AFL club in a town/city generates a lot of interest from the local community & schools etc.
Youd think it would be in the councils best interest to fast track it.
Or is it out of their hands with Vcat

correct...its the backlog of cases awaiting VCAt hearing...only the very very urgent get fast tracked

Stupid pay wall
ST KILDA’S return to Moorabbin is a step closer after the withdrawal of an appeal against the ground’s $29 million redevelopment.

An application lodged in the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal by a local resident was dropped this week.

The Saints hope to shift out of their Seaford base in time for the start of the 2018 season.

“We’re pleased the VCAT proceedings have now been resolved, which will allow us to make the Moorabbin Reserve redevelopment a reality,” St Kilda chief executive Matt Finnis said.

Finnis said demolition and construction at the Moorabbin site would begin early next month.

He said a record 31,000 St Kilda members had already signed on for next year.

St Kilda players trained at Moorabbin at times this year. Picture: Chris Eastman
“We are thrilled that so many members have already committed for the 2017 season — including thousands of new and returning members — and we encourage those fans who are yet to sign up to be part of our journey,” he said.

“This is the first time the club has surpassed 31,000 before Christmas and the fact that we are almost 5000 members ahead of the same time last year is another highlight in a promising off-field period.”

Stupid pay wall
That is absolutely sensational news....an early X-mas pressy IMHO.....I've always thought that it was absolutely crucial that the project gets up and running for a host of reasons.......
-Our return to our "spiritual home" although a lot of people would argue that it's the Junction Oval....I guess it depends on how old you are and where all your footy memories originate from......LOL...

-Revenue from the bistro and cafes and a larger Merchandise area.
This would come from the large traffic volumes of people thru the complex with the Saints and 6 other sporting groups that will be based there.

-Lastly....hopefully a proper Heritage Museum ........Georgie Day(what a trooper she is)operates the current one in the depths of the Social Club....I was absolutely shocked when I went there a few years back and saw all this magical memorabilia hidden away in this smallish room.

She's done a magical job in very trying circumstances.

So we sign this bloke up on one of those $1 memberships

710513-mick-gatto.jpg

nek minnit :cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back