Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 25, 2004
Sydney
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm, San Antonio Spurs
My prediction taken from the preview thread.

Another solid first quarter let down with a scoreboard reading 1.5.11 at QT. Heads will drop, but the usual suspects will still bust a gut (Dunstan, Paddy, Steele, Acres, Carlisle etc)

By the 15 minute mark of the 2nd quarter, Leon Cameron will have made some moves to break us down either through the wings or just bank on cutting off our forward entries. Richo will still be twiddling his thumbs wondering why our “pressure” isn’t working as we get sliced apart through the opposition going by foot to work out of our forward half.

Then in the 3rd quarter, the floodgates will open.

The last quarter will be just going through the motions. GWS to put the cue in the rack & Richo will move Carlisle to Full Forward. A few of our guys will kick a goal to ensure they get picked next week & Carlisle will dob one too just to make sure Richo continues to think that this move is genius, his ace up the sleeve. The siren will go & it’ll be Groundhog Day with another 7-9 goal defeat

Another solid first quarter let down with a scoreboard reading 1.5.11 at QT. Heads will drop, but the usual suspects will still bust a gut (Dunstan, Paddy, Steele, Acres, Carlisle etc)

By the 15 minute mark of the 2nd quarter, Leon Cameron will have made some moves to break us down either through the wings or just bank on cutting off our forward entries. Richo will still be twiddling his thumbs wondering why our “pressure” isn’t working as we get sliced apart through the opposition going by foot to work out of our forward half.

The last quarter will be just going through the motions. GWS to put the cue in the rack & Richo will move Carlisle to Full Forward. A few of our guys will kick a goal to ensure they get picked next week & Carlisle will dob one too just to make sure Richo continues to think that this move is genius, his ace up the sleeve. The siren will go & it’ll be Groundhog Day with another 7-9 goal defeat

In spite of nodding my head in agreement with this I am still excited about heading to the game today.

WTF.

WROOOOOANG!!!!
Saints by 14
Paddy to kick 2
Billing’s to get 25 and 1
Members to kick 4
Geary playing in the guts to kick 2, be bog and actually warrant the sainter of the day selection.
Carlisle to stay back all game

Heading there with a mate of mine who is from QLD and follows league. He has never been to the football before so am praying to the Baldocks and Barkers above that we put in a spirited effort.

I'm smelling an upset...but that's how I always am before they rip my heart out each week.

Go Saints

WROOOOOANG!!!!
Saints by 14
Paddy to kick 2
Billing’s to get 25 and 1
Members to kick 4
Geary playing in the guts to kick 2, be bog and actually warrant the sainter of the day selection.
Carlisle to stay back all game
Sounds good. I hope I am definitely wrong

In spite of nodding my head in agreement with this I am still excited about heading to the game today.

WTF.

yeah, where there is life there is a chance. Go you Saints, get up and show the plastic trash that heart and grind can take down those soft princesses. Time to get back some passion and play out of our skins. Make is hostile and tough and the orange peril will crumble.

Great OP Rors.

Could copy and paste for next weeks GD thread (just change opposition team & coach name).
Rinse - repeat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we catch the Giants napping today....it's got to click eventually, hoping Membrey back straightens us up a little bit and allows players like Billings to play his normal role, instead of the ball being kicking on his head.

Go Sainters

I think we catch the Giants napping today....it's got to click eventually, hoping Membrey back straightens us up a little bit and allows players like Billings to play his normal role, instead of the ball being kicking on his head.

Go Sainters

At some point it will all click and a team will be caught napping. We have really only been awful in the North game. We haven't helped ourselves with a lack of poise, effort and conversion but at some point we will get it to click and the confidence will come back. A good start is important. If we kick more goals than points in the first quarter we are on. I reckon if Paddy could get a good start it will lift he rest of them.

At some point it will all click and a team will be caught napping. We have really only been awful in the North game. We haven't helped ourselves with a lack of poise, effort and conversion but at some point we will get it to click and the confidence will come back. A good start is important. If we kick more goals than points in the first quarter we are on. I reckon if Paddy could get a good start it will lift he rest of them.
Membrey in will definitely help Paddy and our transition forward I think, actually gives us someone to kick to forward of our 50 other than Paddy or Billings running from one wing to another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back