VFL Saints vs Sandringham 11am today Sat. 10th

Remove this Banner Ad

From Saintsational.
Minchington went down in intra-club game at Sandy grabbing his ankle. Didn’t look good at all, was in a lot of pain.

Half time at Zebra oval. Lonie, Battle, Weller, Rice the better players so far.

From Saintsational.
Minchington went down in intra-club game at Sandy grabbing his ankle. Didn’t look good at all, was in a lot of pain.

Half time at Zebra oval. Lonie, Battle, Weller, Rice the better players so far.

Looked like a left knee to me
Weller has been poor but agree on the others
Sandy are flogging the Saints side

Looked like a left knee to me
Weller has been poor but agree on the others
Sandy are flogging the Saints side

Absolute rubbish first two quarters both sides were mixed up between Saints and Sandy playing in Sandy home and away strip . No Saints side to her flogged.

Second half Saints vs Sandy, Third quarter just completed and Saints kicked 7 goals to one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolute rubbish first two quarters both sides were mixed up between Saints and Sandy playing in Sandy home and away strip . No Saints side to her flogged.

Second half Saints vs Sandy, Third quarter just completed and Saints kicked 7 goals to one.

Was just going by the scoreboard, you missed the part where I said plenty of Saints players in the sandy side I guess.

Was just going by the scoreboard, you missed the part where I said plenty of Saints players in the sandy side I guess.
No I didn’t miss it, you made a sensationalist type comment which is consistent with your posting style.

The next post you say you can’t recognise 75% of the players, if that is the case then don’t make statements about Saints getting flogged.

As Plugger said very much like dancing with your sister, the first half when the sides were mixed up was quite competitive. Once they split the sides as expected it was one way traffic.

May have some of the goakickers wrong as there were a few from the goal square that were hard to see.

Lonie best in the ground playing on ball kicked a couple and set up a heap and win a fair few clearances

Gilbert did not notice a lot other than his shaved head. Looked to be playing within himself.

Long was good, kicked 3 played on ball for a bit and looked good. Needs to tidy up his taxkling a bit with his swinging arm.

Goddard played fullback and was in a big unit and they appeared to need to really like one another a bit of angst. Took a few marks. The thing I liked was that he looked to be moving well.

Austin did not notice much early but the second half he looked good. Appears to have reasonable pace and is a nice looking kick.

Battle was excellent took a heap of marks Pushing up to the wing but also on the lead in the fifty. Kicked somewhere between four to six goals I had him at six but think I might have at least one wrong.

Phillips, did not notice a lot but there were some bits of play where he got to multiple contests due to his running capacity.

White played well first half and okay second, his kicking sounds feat off of the boot looks good but does not always hit the target but takes risks.

Wright kicked three and got a lot of the ball but just throws it on the boot. No composure more often than not.

McKenzie kicked a goal took a strong mark using his vertical leap but he just do s not her enough if there ball.

Ride played well used ball well and looked quicker than in the past and worked hard but would think White should be in front of him.

Clavarino really impressed me moves well and took some ripping marks and used the balk well. Looked really good

Joyce was excellent first half and was good sexond half took the game in and ran with the footy and used it well. Not. A lot of one on one contests which was the area he needed to work on ffeom last season.

Connellan was disappointing did not notice his at all other than being crunches in a marking duel

Minchington carries off think it is his knee.

Pierce played well butntheeenwas no competition for him

Weller for me did not do enough and Xmas off limping

Langlands looked good kicked a couple, took me a while to work out who he was.

No I didn’t miss it, you made a sensationalist type comment which is consistent with your posting style.

The next post you say you can’t recognise 75% of the players, if that is the case then don’t make statements about Saints getting flogged.

Well given 50% of them are Sandy listed and I recognize 0% of them, I reckon I've done ok by recognizing 50% of the Saints players. Fact was, scoreboard was 11 goals to Sandy and 6 to StKilda when I left at halftime.

Get angry though Junior. You're my new favourite posterboi.

As Plugger said very much like dancing with your sister, the first half when the sides were mixed up was quite competitive. Once they split the sides as expected it was one way traffic.

May have some of the goakickers wrong as there were a few from the goal square that were hard to see.

Lonie best in the ground playing on ball kicked a couple and set up a heap and win a fair few clearances

Gilbert did not notice a lot other than his shaved head. Looked to be playing within himself.

Long was good, kicked 3 played on ball for a bit and looked good. Needs to tidy up his taxkling a bit with his swinging arm.

Goddard played fullback and was in a big unit and they appeared to need to really like one another a bit of angst. Took a few marks. The thing I liked was that he looked to be moving well.

Austin did not notice much early but the second half he looked good. Appears to have reasonable pace and is a nice looking kick.

Battle was excellent took a heap of marks Pushing up to the wing but also on the lead in the fifty. Kicked somewhere between four to six goals I had him at six but think I might have at least one wrong.

Phillips, did not notice a lot but there were some bits of play where he got to multiple contests due to his running capacity.

White played well first half and okay second, his kicking sounds feat off of the boot looks good but does not always hit the target but takes risks.

Wright kicked three and got a lot of the ball but just throws it on the boot. No composure more often than not.

McKenzie kicked a goal took a strong mark using his vertical leap but he just do s not her enough if there ball.

Ride played well used ball well and looked quicker than in the past and worked hard but would think White should be in front of him.

Clavarino really impressed me moves well and took some ripping marks and used the balk well. Looked really good

Joyce was excellent first half and was good sexond half took the game in and ran with the footy and used it well. Not. A lot of one on one contests which was the area he needed to work on ffeom last season.

Connellan was disappointing did not notice his at all other than being crunches in a marking duel

Minchington carries off think it is his knee.

Pierce played well butntheeenwas no competition for him

Weller for me did not do enough and Xmas off limping

Langlands looked good kicked a couple, took me a while to work out who he was.

Cheers

Really happy to hear that the key backs had good games & Battle & Long.

I watched the first half and it was a good hit out, good intensity, Kingsley sat right next to me on the hill at one point. What caught my eye fwiw:

Rice - bossing the backline, played well
Long - did a couple of nice things, seems to get caught in between kickers a little, reckon he's still finding the right running patterns, was played in the middle at one point showing clean hands and good decision making, and in second quarter used his body well against Hugh to slot an easy goal in the end.
Battle - looked brilliant, think he kicked a couple that I saw and had one or two more behinds, lovely to watch play, nice and aggressive in the tackle and got rewarded with a free kick for a strong tackle just outside the box for an easy goal. Looked good on the lead and good overhead. Hughy was playing on him for bits.
Joyce and Clavarino - both strong overhead. Pretty impressed with Joyce who may have been the story of the day for me. Just did some really nice things, perfect size, and more than competent by foot. Showed composure and power.
Weller - at one point was tagging in the middle.
Gilbert - is no longer a transgender, hair all gone, playing in the middle.
Lonie - usual nifty self, still wanting goals from him, played in the middle
Phillips - was ok, instructed to get back more and help the defense at quarter time
Royal Doulton - I think he kicked a couple if I got the guy right, nice leg on him, good in the contest
Pierce - was strong enough in the ruck
Goddard - looked good enough, was getting dragged around a bit by Battle who didn't stop running
Meatball - kicked a really nice small forwards goal, he's such a sure thing in front of the sticks, apparently he hurt himself which is why didn't notice him too much after his goal
McKenzie - didn't see him

Spent ages looking for Paton until I finally remembered he's had finger surgery and is out for a bit!

A lot of the Sandy players were impressive. May have a good year this year. There was no Tom Lamb, but who was apparently on the bikes this morning.

Well given 50% of them are Sandy listed and I recognize 0% of them, I reckon I've done ok by recognizing 50% of the Saints players. Fact was, scoreboard was 11 goals to Sandy and 6 to StKilda when I left at halftime.

Get angry though Junior. You're my new favourite posterboi.

Not angry at all, in fact for myself could
not care less what you posted as I was there seeing what was actually happen.

But there are a number of posters on here who can’t get there and were keen to know what was happening.

As per your second post you stated that there were plenty of Saints players in the Sandy side. So you were either trying to be misleading by saying St Kilda were getting flogged which is what I suspect or you are just really clueless and said what the scoreboard was showing despite knowing that it was clearly not Sandy vs Saints.

Each to their own but if I was going to post I would have said mixed teams and the Sandy home jumpers are leading.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back