Recommitted Sam Reid [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't see a thread for Reid yet.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-05-11/free-agency-could-see-key-swan-sam-reid-head-to-victoria

Free agency could see key Swan Sam Reid head to Victoria

SYDNEY spearhead Sam Reid has firmed as this year's most highly coveted free agent behind Nat Fyfe and Dustin Martin while his contract talks with the Swans remain at a preliminary stage.

The 25-year-old, who is in the final year of a lucrative five-season contract, remains in ongoing dialogue with Sydney via his manager, Paul Connors, but his future appears likely to remain uncertain for some time.

Reid's restricted status gives Sydney the right to match any rival offers made in October's free agency period, but the Swans' efforts to re-sign him could be complicated by their tight salary cap and the rising market worth of out-of-contract defender Zak Jones.

I don't want to lose him as Reid looks so good when in the forward line this year. It just sucks that Longmire keeps moving him all around the ground. If he stayed in the forward line he would be kicking 3 or more goals regularly every game.

You would assume a team will try and offer him bigger $ than he is worth to encourage the swans not to match in the knowledge their cap is fairly full and if they match a big offer for reid they will probably lose jones.

I know sydneys key position stocks arent great but if they will potentially get band 2 or even band 1 compo i doubt they will match.

He looks far better in a Swans guernsey than he would in a Collingwood one.
Colours go in and out of style, but black and white never get dated.

Also, wasn't trying to be arrogant with the last post, just my gut feeling that he will make the move given Collingwood are in desperate need of a key forward that can make an immediate impact rather than another kid who might struggle for a few years.

Colours go in and out of style, but black and white never get dated.

Also, wasn't trying to be arrogant with the last post, just my gut feeling that he will make the move given Collingwood are in desperate need of a key forward that can make an immediate impact rather than another kid who might struggle for a few years.

Don't worry as I did not take you post as a sign of arrogance. I really hope the Swans find the money to keep him though as he looks really dangerous in the forward line. When Longmire leaves him there. It is just a matter of how much Richmondand Collingwood are willing to spend because the Swans have a rather tight salary cap at the moment.

Don't worry as I did not take you post as a sign of arrogance. I really hope the Swans find the money to keep him though as he looks really dangerous in the forward line. When Longmire leaves him there. It is just a matter of how much Richmondand Collingwood are willing to spend because the Swans have a rather tight salary cap at the moment.
The Swans need to find a way to free up Tippett that would help you keep Reid and Jones with the 20% salary cap increase

The Swans need to find a way to free up Tippett that would help you keep Reid and Jones with the 20% salary cap increase

Agreed, but it is easier said than done as he still has a year left on his contract. I. Think the Swans would be willing to give him up for not,cub at the trade table if that club took most of his contact in 2018 but I am not sure many clubs would be willing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed, but it is easier said than done as he still has a year left on his contract. I. Think the Swans would be willing to give him up for not,cub at the trade table if that club took most of his contact in 2018 but I am not sure many clubs would be willing.
If Reid is not interested in a move to Richmond then they could probably chase Tippet. as long as he only costs a token pick.
He would be an upgrade on what they have and they could take their two firsts to the draft still.

definitely. Reid is a very good player that would compliment Reiwoldt nicely. At the moment Jack is copping the 2 best kpb, with Reid in the team that wouldn't happen.
I thought that watching on the weekend as well, another tall marking option would compliment Jack Perfectly. Reid as a FA and then say Schache for a trade would be good imo. Would give you a lot more KPP depth that's for sure.

Think he might be wearing Yellow and Black next year.

If he does leave, think Collingwood are the most likely to get him. They would be right into him I'd imagine to take the load off Moore who ideally isn't the no.1 or even no.2 forward target. Then there's also the fact that his brother is at the club as well which helps. Can see why Richmond are reported to be into him as well. Another quality key forward to assist Riewoldt makes their forward line more dangerous in the air and takes the attention away from Riewoldt also. Collingwood need him more than Richmond do considering they lack a consistent key forward target and also because their forward line has been dysfunctional for a lot of this year.

He will cop piles of criticism if he lands at Collingwood or Richmond.

Most of their players do anyway but this bloke is yet to pull it all together consistently and doesn't look like he will.

Tight salary cap? Clubs told to budget for an extra $1mill in 2017 going forward but the EBA is delivering $2mill+. Every club has more money than expected and if Swans are priced out of the market for Reid it means he's on a big $, long term contract so Band 1 compo is certain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back