Samantha Murphy Ballarat * Patrick Orren Stephenson Charged With Murder

Remove this Banner Ad

Here are the crime board rules of engagement. Please read them.

Importantly, 'sub judice' means that a case is under consideration by the courts. 'Sub judice contempt' can occur if information is published that may be prejudicial to the court proceedings.

Don't spread baseless rumours or state as fact that which is opinion, please.

A degree of respect in all discussion across this board is expected.

The Murder of Rebecca Young - Ballarat

The Murder of Hannah McGuire - Ballarat * Lachie Young charged

Allegedly

Last edited:

A 22 year old wasn't the age demographic I'd have guessed.
Just goes to show how pointless guessing in this case was based on the public lack of evidence of what happened and no body or trace of an abduction.

Why? Angry young man. Sounds like one of the most logical demographics to me.

I assumed it would be someone connected to her in some way; an affair, the husband, someone known to her in some other way, and that they'd therefore be closer to her age, maybe 45 - 65 region.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just goes to show how pointless guessing in this case was based on the public lack of evidence of what happened and no body or trace of an abduction.
A bit like the Chloe Smith case and the Hill & Clay case, you would never have guessed.

I'm still betting on the accidental hit and run (and subsequent panic decisions) theory. Does anyone know if it was a particularly sunny morning on the day she disappeared?

The time of the incident made me think hit and run incident - and now the age seems to line up - but let’s see…..could be a sick puppy
He's still a sick b*stard if it was hit & run, disposed of her body & covered up the crime for so long.

And imo, it was always significant why the police mentioned a 'damaged car'.

Last edited:
If this is right then completely unconnected, so perhaps the hit & run hide the body theory was right after all?

Could well be. Or it was another Adrian Bayley / Jill Meageher rape attack type scenario. If that was the case the alleged suspect would probably have a history of predisposition towards sexual violence. That will undoubtedly be eventually leaked to the media if true.

Unfortunately it seems these days completely random attacks are not that rare any more.

Last edited:
"Not connected to family" may mean there is no obvious connection at the moment.
Could be a member of a bikie gang or stolen car racket, carrying out 'enforcement' or 'retribution' duties.
Could be a random sicko.
Could be someone who randomly picked up SM's phone or watch after someone else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back