Samantha Murphy Ballarat * Patrick Orren Stephenson Charged With Murder

Remove this Banner Ad

Here are the crime board rules of engagement. Please read them.

Importantly, 'sub judice' means that a case is under consideration by the courts. 'Sub judice contempt' can occur if information is published that may be prejudicial to the court proceedings.

Don't spread baseless rumours or state as fact that which is opinion, please.

A degree of respect in all discussion across this board is expected.

The Murder of Rebecca Young - Ballarat

The Murder of Hannah McGuire - Ballarat * Lachie Young charged

Allegedly

Last edited:
I read somewhere it was a quad bike.

Why are quad bikes not road legal?
Road legal vehicles require high/low beam headlights, horn, turn and brake signals, mirrors, license plates etc., and not all quad bikes have these features.

There doesn't appear to be any mention of an infringement over the special work vehicles registration, so he was probably off-road when it happened.

I think the police officer who tested PS after the motorbike accident last October showed PS leniency because he could have cancelled his MDL instead of having the matter listed for August the following year.
PS has been charged with drink driving, drug driving and careless driving.
Police in Victoria have a discretion to issue a traffic infringement notice and cancel your licence for a period of three months.

There doesn't appear to be any mention of an infringement over the special work vehicles registration, so he was probably off-road when it happened.
Then what is the actual offence / charges relating to this incident? And why were none laid at the time?

Then what is the actual offence / charges relating to this incident? And why were none laid at the time?

He's been charged with drink and drug driving. Sometimes all they get told at the time is to wait for the summons which can take up to 12 months.

He was at the pub and drunk at the very least. The cops have their man, that's blatenly obvious.

We thought Rajwinder Singh probably had to be totally guilty for killing Toyah Cordingley after he fled to India and had to be extradited back here to face trial for murder.

The twists in that case we're now finding out, might make a conviction seem a little less certain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's your whacky theory Royce?

I don’t have a theory. I think it’s likely that he did it, however I don’t know it as a “fact” that he did, nor that he was off his face if/when he did.

We know nothing about the circumstances or what evidence the police have yet, so throwing around what you know as a fact, is bullshit quite frankly.

And I’m not protecting him or trying to make myself feel better. If he is found guilty in a court of law, to hell with him. That’s when the “facts” will come out.

I don’t have a theory. I think it’s likely that he did it, however I don’t know it as a “fact” that he did, nor that he was off his face if/when he did.

We know nothing about the circumstances or what evidence the police have yet, so throwing around what you know as a fact, is bullshit quite frankly.

And I’m not protecting him or trying to make myself feel better. If he is found guilty in a court of law, to hell with him. That’s when the “facts” will come out.
The cops have evidence we don't know about so it's pointless putting up a defence without the facts the police have. That's the danger of uniformed internet sleuths.

The cops have evidence we don't know about so it's pointless putting up a defence without the facts the police have. That's the danger of uniformed internet sleuths.

It’s pointless to put up a defense because we don’t know what evidence the police have but you are willing to convict him without knowing what evidence they have.

Just own that you shouldn’t have said you know what happened as a fact.

Could POS been hooning and Samantha Murphy witnessed or came across evidence of this (ie damaged car & POS). Then POS panics knowing he is up the creek with no paddle, panics and kills Samantha?
How could they charge him with murder then though? No body so no evidence on how she was supposedly 'killed', opportunistic killing. Perhaps they don't have evidence for murder and he instead will be convicted of manslaughter when it goes to trial

How could they charge him with murder then though? No body so no evidence on how she was supposedly 'killed', opportunistic killing. Perhaps they don't have evidence for murder and he instead will be convicted of manslaughter when it goes to trial
Did I dream this or did one of the top Cops say it was a few frames of a video/cctv that led them to POS. He gave the impression that it was a slam dunk.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back