2nds SANFL being SANFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Love that the club have called them out hard about the medical sub rule! Picking and choosing to suit them and harm the AFL teams.

Love that the club have called them out hard about the medical sub rule! Picking and choosing to suit them and harm the AFL teams.

Hopefully we are pushing the AFL to sanction them with the AFL distribution $$.

“The AFL introduce rules and regulations to the state leagues under their auspices, designed to assist in the development of the game and the talent within it, with the SANFL picking and choosing the parts of the rules and regulations that they accept based on the position of the SANFL at the time.

“We’re now at a point where we have written to the AFL to highlight that these issues, when grouped, see us competing under materially different conditions to those of our AFL competitors. There can be no denying that the current environment compromises our ability to develop the talent available to our playing list when compared to our competitors in the AFL competition.”

Fighting talk! Love it!

I love that the club under Richo is increasingly telling it like it is. Since '97 we've played nice and then bent straight over when it got us nowhere. Enough of that s**t.

I love that the club under Richo is increasingly telling it like it is. Since '97 we've played nice and then bent straight over when it got us nowhere. Enough of that sh*t.
Playing nice with them got us exactly nowhere!
They’ve s**t on us every chance they’ve had, without exception.

Irrelevant backwater competition trying to stay relevant. Has a smell of South Australia in general all over it. I'm glad the club called them out on it. Stop playing nice to these campaigners. I'm picturing a bunch of boomers around a rusted old round table cracking a boner saying no to this. Effectively now this new rule disadvantages us and the crows.

Invest in a ******* AFL reserves comp!

Last edited:
The sooner we are in a financial position to leave and can wear the PB in a national reserves at home games, the better. If we play in a national reserves comp we can sign up who we want, no more stupid SANFL rules.

No the crows won’t fight the sanfl.
They are the SANFL, even moving in with them!
The whole point of the Olsen thing is to shore the state up for the SANFL and prevent Crows and Port leaving.

They are the SANFL, even moving in with them!
The whole point of the Olsen thing is to shore the state up for the SANFL and prevent Crows and Port leaving.
We should just leave at the end of this season and be done with it. There's no point arguing with the SANFL, it will go nowhere.

Just say that's it, we are done and off to the VFL from 2022. It's in the best interests of the Port Adelaide Football Club to do so, today has made that apparent.

We exist to win AFL Premierships (or senior flags) not SANFL flags, or prop up the SANFL who don't give two shits about us.

Time to finally out grow them and leave.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The sooner we are in a financial position to leave and can wear the PB in a national reserves at home games, the better.

I suspect we’ll have a fight on our hands with the bolded part.

One of, if not the only, saving grace of playing in the SNAFL is that we wear it and can keep wearing it.

I suspect we’ll have a fight on our hands with the bolded part.

One of, if not the only, saving grace of playing in the SNAFL is that we wear it and can keep wearing it.
It will be a s**t fight, but McGuire isn't around and the fear of economic loss and confusion of who is who wont matter as much especially if the reserves comp has bugger all TV coverage.

I love that the club under Richo is increasingly telling it like it is. Since '97 we've played nice and then bent straight over when it got us nowhere. Enough of that sh*t.
Its amazing what being totally broke and on your knees does to you. Now we have been managed well and set up to be financially strong we can now push the other agendas. Thomas set the club up to be stable and Richo can now be a voice. This is only my opinion and I may be wrong.

It will be a sh*t fight, but McGuire isn't around and the fear of economic lose and confusion of who is who wont matter as much especially if the reserves comp has bugger all TV coverage.

My hunch is they’ll use the argument that in a national reserves comp, the kit would need to match between seniors and seconds. Is there a precedent with a AFL/VFL club having different kit? (That’s not a case of a different but aligned club)

Last edited:
The crows should be united with us here and say fu** you to the snafl we're going to the other VFL.

But they won't.
Honestly the mentality of their fans would more likely be, suck s**t Port, will be harder for you to develop your players and win a flag. Good old Poort, bleeding the SANFL dry, pay back your debts nuff, nuff, nuffy, nuff

My hunch is they’ll use the argument that in a national reserves comp, the kit would need to match between seniors and seconds. Is their a precedent with a AFL/VFL club having different kit? (That’s not a case of a different but aligned club)
Western Bulldogs are called Footscray in the VFL and pretty sure they wear the old Footscray jumper.

Box Hill Hawks are controlled by Hawthorn and they are consolidated in Hawthorn's group accounts and wear a different jumper but same colours as Hawthorn.

It will be a sh*t fight, but McGuire isn't around and the fear of economic loss and confusion of who is who wont matter as much especially if the reserves comp has bugger all TV coverage.
Gill is just Eddie's puppet until proven otherwise.

On the other hand, not having Port in the FUICFL means that the argument that "yeah but the real Port Adelaide in the sanfl wears it" is no longer applicable.

Which then strengthens our argument for wearing it in the AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back