Competitions SC and DT for Swans - only place for dt/sc answers.

Remove this Banner Ad

I was pretty stoked with my selection of Jack, but looking on this thread not many of you guys are considering him. Why is that? Averaged 98 last year and surely could push that up to 105 this year?

Have Jack and Gibson in mids. Keeping him under my hat. Thinking he can lift again

I was pretty stoked with my selection of Jack, but looking on this thread not many of you guys are considering him. Why is that? Averaged 98 last year and surely could push that up to 105 this year?
Jack is a fantastic SC option as he kicks goals but can also win the contested ball and use it well. I like him as a DT/SC player because he has proven he can score points by racking up tackles on the rare occasions he isn't hurting the opposition in attack

Hey guys, would like to ask your opinion on a few players for SC
Sam Reid- Cheap only 300k, hows he going this pre season is he in-line for a break out year?
Mumford- Will the emergence of Pyke affect him? How is his injury he carried into the grand final going
Armstrong- Will he get a place in the side? if so will he be playing an offensive or defensive role
Morton- Had a great end to last year, will he cement a spot in the side?

Thanks guys

Hey guys, would like to ask your opinion on a few players for SC
Sam Reid- Cheap only 300k, hows he going this pre season is he in-line for a break out year?
Mumford- Will the emergence of Pyke affect him? How is his injury he carried into the grand final going
Armstrong- Will he get a place in the side? if so will he be playing an offensive or defensive role
Morton- Had a great end to last year, will he cement a spot in the side?

Thanks guys

Reid Going well, injury free but KPF and tippett influence is unknown. Watch Nab cup for form etc. Think year 5 break out rule for Reid.
Mummy I think will always be managed so no 23 games a seasons for him. Still number 1 ruck though.
Armstrong will be a good actually option if he gets better JS. Wouldn't jump on until shows form.
Morton will be fighting out spot with mcglynn, lamb, towers, armstrong and eventually rohan for a spot in the 22. Not ideal forward rookie

I believe both have been on the track since day one and are looking fine. Mumford is definitely rucking fine from photos I've seen.
I believe both have been on the track since day one and are looking fine. Mumford is definitely rucking fine from photos I've seen.

Cheers. Does anyone know how mumfords 2012 preseason went out of interest?

How is the champ Adam Goodes preseason shaping up? Any post season surgery? Training with the main group?

How is the champ Adam Goodes preseason shaping up? Any post season surgery? Training with the main group?

Not sure on surgery but running and doing skills training this week. Should be playing 1 or 2 nab cup games

Hey Guys

Do you think JPK will get more attention this year? Has he been tagged before and how has he handled it?

Thanks in advance

Yup, tagged/followed most games this year. Won't effect his output due to being in and under. Should atleast maintain average in SC and DT

Hey Guys

Do you think JPK will get more attention this year? Has he been tagged before and how has he handled it?

Thanks in advance
He was the best inside midfielder in the competition last year, and obviously because of that he was the #1 midfielder in our side, and was getting heavy attention most weeks. I'd expect him to get a similar amount of attention this year

His last 10 SC scores were 157, 127, 90, 168, 117, 126, 105, 147, 132, 83 so he was handling the attention quite well at the end of the season.

Yup, tagged/followed most games this year. Won't effect his output due to being in and under. Should atleast maintain average in SC and DT
He was the best inside midfielder in the competition last year, and obviously because of that he was the #1 midfielder in our side, and was getting heavy attention most weeks. I'd expect him to get a similar amount of attention this year

His last 10 SC scores were 157, 127, 90, 168, 117, 126, 105, 147, 132, 83 so he was handling the attention quite well at the end of the season.

Sweet! Thanks guys much appreciated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thing to consider with all the trades available this year is our very soft start
may be worth picking a player like Jetta and backing him to tear apart GC GWS and Roos, then pocket the change and upgrade.
Same may apply for Hanners and Jack, whilst Kennedy may suffer due to less contested opportunities vs these sides.

One thing to consider with all the trades available this year is our very soft start
may be worth picking a player like Jetta and backing him to tear apart GC GWS and Roos, then pocket the change and upgrade.
Same may apply for Hanners and Jack, whilst Kennedy may suffer due to less contested opportunities vs these sides.

Absolutely. Don't really think any of those three teams have someone to contain Jetta.

With the trades it's almost a bad idea NOT to make two trades a week.

JPK gets BOG against good and bad opponents. He will just get easier contested possessions as he bats away these young whippersnappers with his pinky finger before jamming it on the boot into the 50. He will also take a few marks and kick a few goals against pretty poor defensive setups too.

I don't mind the Jetta strategy, put him on the bench, and play him when teams dont have an effective tagger :p

Parker in DT? Looks like a good prospect but as a number 7 mid is he value?

Should get more time with Bolton's gametime being managed. Would think that he has shed the vests this season, and he is on my watchlist. Hasn't played many full games, but he is a gun in the making. Probably other cheaper young guns that would get more time and value though.

Parker in DT? Looks like a good prospect but as a number 7 mid is he value?

If you look at his scores last year where he's played full games, he's certainly worth it, the big risk is the Substitute vest, whilst he wont wear it as often i'd think he'll still spend some time with it on just due to how perfect a replacement he is for Bolton, and Bolton being likely to be subbed out of games.

Edit: If you had a choice between him and Ball though, I'd be going with Ball for certainty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back