Scott Morrison - How Long? Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't even know what the f**k democracy means! It's a two way street this democracy thingy - the citizens discharge their responsibility to the state by voting and the state discharges their responsibility to it's citizens.

What utter nonsense. I vote therefore I have no personal responsibility (and to the state? WTF)

Be lucky to even pass first year Arts with that sort of drivel.

What utter nonsense. I vote therefore I have no personal responsibility (and to the state? WTF)

Be lucky to even pass first year Arts with that sort of drivel.

Spot on.
I dont know what kids are taught at Uni but those voting in 1975 knew exactly what was happening - to deny that beggars belief & seems to come from those aligned to the losing party. Gough was not re-elected, quibble as some do, the people didnt want him.
Yes, some say we were not entitled to vote, we did.

Spot on.
I dont know what kids are taught at Uni but those voting in 1975 knew exactly what was happening - to deny that beggars belief & seems to come from those aligned to the losing party. Gough was not re-elected, quibble as some do, the people didnt want him.
Yes, some say we were not entitled to vote, we did.
You still haven't told me how Whitlam cocked it up so badly that he had to be sacked.

He was voted out because he couldnt run the joint, supply is it?
Tbf, it was a political decision by Fraser to block supply.

Just like its been a political decision for the various Senates to not pass Abbotts budget.

Therefore the Whitlam situation needed a political solution to the problem, not a consitutional solution.

Uhh for heaven's sake. The Governor General sought advice from Barwick instead of the Prime Minister and other Ministers of the Crown as is the accepted manner. Whitlam did NOT accept it. He followed the conventions and protocols of the Constitution and went into the House and on the floor of Parliament, a motion of no confidence was moved by the House against the newly installed Prime Minister which was carried and it was the House's will, that the Governor General remove Fraser as the Prime Minister and re-install Whitlam. That is our Political Process in action!

The Speaker of the House went to Yarralumla to convey the wishes of the House of Representatives and the Governor General, Sir John Kerr, refused to see him, contrary to the conventions and protocols as set out in the Constitution of Australia. Kerr failed to carry out his duties as the Governor General and acted arbitrarily, contrary to the requirements of our Constitution.

The ruckus that has erupted over the so called "Palace Letters" is about whether or not the Queen was complicit in Kerr's arbitrary decision. I have not commented on this matter thus far because I have not had the time to read the recently released documents in their entirety. All I have read are the opinions of various people as to the significance or otherwise of these revelations but I will not break the habit of a lifetime and follow blindly what someone else says or thinks - I will make up my own mind. For what it's worth, I very much doubt that anyone will find a "smoking gun" to implicate Madge because the Monarchy has had way over one thousand years of experience at murder, deceit, manipulation and they aren't any johnny-come-lately's. Nothing but nothing would be anywhere near Madge. The thing is though, we are not discussing that, ie. the personalities and the type of Government involved: we are discussing the overthrow of a duly elected Government of Australia!

Morrison and the rabid right is trying to make it nearly impossible for young people to study the Humanities, do Arts degrees, study the Classics, Literature, Music, History, Philosophy in order to populate Australia with ignorant people unable to think critically and so, be able to herd these philistines in the direction that the IPA wish. They want to create people like you.

You really do play the man.
You also repeat the same crap over and over , as if that will make it real. Coup Coup Coup... Yes you think it was a coup.
Yet Gough stood down. If there had been a coup, an illegal takeover, he could have forced himself to be reinstated could he not?

Were the breaches not breaches of commonly accepted protocols rather than laws?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You still haven't told me how Whitlam cocked it up so badly that he had to be sacked.
And as I pointed out, the fact that Fraser immediately passed the bill he’d been refusing to pass when in opposition tells you what a fix the whole thing was. Stinks.

Anyway, back to the incompetent Scott Morrison. The carnage in aged care is going to hit him for six if he doesn’t get off his arse and take some seriously significant corrective steps, and fast.

This carnage is almost entirely a consequence of the Tories’ manic obsession with privatisation.

And as I pointed out, the fact that Fraser immediately passed the bill he’d been refusing to pass when in opposition tells you what a fix the whole thing was. Stinks.

Anyway, back to the incompetent Scott Morrison. The carnage in aged care is going to hit him for six if he doesn’t get off his arse and take some seriously significant corrective steps, and fast.

This carnage is almost entirely a consequence of the Tories’ manic obsession with privatisation.
I bet Scummo's dad didn't spend his final days with the $6 a day meal allowance that the Federal aged care residents "enjoy".

I wish we would 'Whitlam' the current Victorian Premier.
He deserves to go for so many reasons (corruption, deals with a foreign land shark, failure upon failure in last few months) but his party should be doing it - we dont want the risk to people trying to hold.an election during Dan's outbreak.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

After being so confident of victory in court the fat useless sh*t has now withdrawn the Commonwealth from Palmer's action to open the WA borders up.
He waited until after they had provided whatever evidence they wanted to provide, which just makes him a conniving, two-faced campaigner. He gets precisely no credits from West Aussies.

After being so confident of victory in court the fat useless sh*t has now withdrawn the Commonwealth from Palmer's action to open the WA borders up.
A opinion poll of 99% against tends to do that.

The Wa election is coming up soon, state party was looking at wipeout territory.

He waited until after they had provided whatever evidence they wanted to provide, which just makes him a conniving, two-faced campaigner. He gets precisely no credits from West Aussies.
What makes it worse was that all the key advocates for the case from the Feds were Wa parliamentarians (Porter, Cormann).

That stench shall linger over here

How lucky we are to have a great PM who identified these issues and ordered a royal commission very shortly after taking the job.

As Dan always says, you can’t talk about doing anything or identity anymore faults until the enquiry is done...

Anyway there are clearly issues with some aged care homes, but they’re re not all bad. My grandmother on my mums side was in two homes, one was horrible, another was much better. Interesting to see that first one is listed as a state government home.

My grandfather was recently in one as well and yet again, no complaints. They definitely got more than $6 worth of food every day.

There are clearly some problem places, like every sector, but it’s not like every private aged care home is terrible.

How lucky we are to have a great PM who identified these issues and ordered a royal commission very shortly after taking the job.

As Dan always says, you can’t talk about doing anything or identity anymore faults until the enquiry is done...

Anyway there are clearly issues with some aged care homes, but they’re re not all bad. My grandmother on my mums side was in two homes, one was horrible, another was much better. Interesting to see that first one is listed as a state government home.

My grandfather was recently in one as well and yet again, no complaints. They definitely got more than $6 worth of food every day.

There are clearly some problem places, like every sector, but it’s not like every private aged care home is terrible.
Guess he could see what a shitstorm was coming to aged care from one quarter or another so decided to preempt it as much as possible.

I never said that every nursing home is bad. But your post just reads like apologetics.

Anyone who can't see that there are massive, horrific problems in the sector, and that the lion's share of those problems is due to the sector having been privatised to within an inch of its life by the party of the manic obsessives currently in government is in cloud cuckoo land.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back