Scott Morrison - How Long? Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked the question.
I dont believe people are stupid.
This is in wild contradiction to your posting.

How often do you talk about the rusted on?
Not so sure about Nines newspapers, The Age.

All fairly visible imho, though the left/right activists cant see it EVER.
Just a post later.

Do you think that these left/right activists are intelligent? If so, why are you dismissing their views completely as a result of their bias?

Murdoch mostly preaches to the choir IMO.

In Brisbane, The Courier-Mail aren't exactly taken all that seriously. I suspect Newscorp has a similar status elsewhere (Western Australia could be different, but TBH I don't see why).

The ALP's electoral difficulties have many causes and the media IMO is a minor one.

I completely disagree.

I have many family members who get 100% of their information reading the Herald Sun. They sit down every day, slurp it up cover to cover and will not hear a word against it.

The result is they hate "the bludgers", they hate "the ethnics" who "should have to speak English", they love Trump, Pell was hard done by, they all believe 100% in free speech even though none of them have anything of their own to say.

And any time they might doubt anything in the slightest they go to 3AW to have it all reinforced.

It is one of the great snow jobs.

I completely disagree.

I have many family members who get 100% of their information reading the Herald Sun. They sit down every day, slurp it up cover to cover and will not hear a word against it.

The result is they hate "the bludgers", they hate "the ethnics" who "should have to speak English", they love Trump, Pell was hard done by, they all believe 100% in free speech even though none of them have anything of their own to say.

And any time they might doubt anything in the slightest they go to 3AW to have it all reinforced.

It is one of the great snow jobs.

Such people sound like partisan loyalists to begin with.

Do you think the media caused their partisanship or do you think they gravitate towards the media that validates their existing views?

Most people like being validated, after all.

Such people sound like partisan loyalists to begin with.

Do you think the media caused their partisanship or do you think they gravitate towards the media that validates their existing views?

Most people like being validated, after all.

I would not classify any of them as particularly educated or enlightened.

Media outlets that reinforce their fear and prejudice provides some sort of weird comfort for them.

This is in wild contradiction to your posting.

How often do you talk about the rusted on?

Just a post later.
Do you think that these left/right activists are intelligent? If so, why are you dismissing their views completely as a result of their bias?

Put simply there are those who follow parties mindlessly, then there are those who think about their vote, & who can see the politics play out & there vote will change - the Left or Right media preach to their brethren just as Folau does, so these people may not be stupid per se, but they have no effect on election results, they are blind, not stupid.
They are the rusted on imho.

So the people who decide elections rarely laugh in the face of the activists peddling whatever version of snake oil they think will win the election, but come election day the loser runs out very predictable excuses, never I stuffed it.

I doubt the ABC would circulate unchecked material found on social media and publish it as fact.

And if they did and it was identified there would be repercussions.

The ABC might not be perfect but they do have journalistic standards

I dont take what they say as gospel. How are they held to account?

Put simply there are those who follow parties mindlessly, then there are those who think about their vote, & who can see the politics play out & there vote will change - the Left or Right media preach to their brethren just as Folau does, so these people may not be stupid per se, but they have no effect on election results, they are blind, not stupid.
They are the rusted on imho.

So the people who decide elections rarely laugh in the face of the activists peddling whatever version of snake oil they think will win the election, but come election day the loser runs out very predictable excuses, never I stuffed it.
You should never use IMHO; you're not humble. And your viewpoint is just as settled as those you decry.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You should never use IMHO; you're not humble. And your viewpoint is just as settled as those you decry.

Yes & I can support Dan & ScoMo as I do. I disagree with some of their policies & rejected the view of the 'other lot' not based on footy supporter instinct.
Both had weak opposition at their last elections.

I throw in IMHO when I recognise there are other points of view ;)

Yes & I can support Dan & ScoMo as I do. I disagree with some of their policies & rejected the view of the 'other lot' not based on footy supporter instinct.
... which is barely peripheral to what I said in my post.

You're a mirror of the very thing you spend the majority of your time on here deriding.

I throw in IMHO when I recognise there are other points of view ;)

If you liked Keating and Kennet I would get that.

Dan and ScoMo though?

Chris Kenny usually.

A journo holds an opposition media outlet to account, I remember Stuart Littlemore doing it for the ABC back in the 90s setting up Media Watch, but he wasnt just another journo - when he was replaced by a journo I gave it away as a regular viewer. Kenny is about as worth viewing as Paul Barry.

Kenny could not hold the ABC to account.

Last edited:
If you liked Keating and Kennet I would get that.

Dan and ScoMo though?

Hewson losing to Keating was the loss I most felt. The country is the worse off as Hewson was going to rejig the Tax Act, instead we effectively have the 1920 Act as amended.

I'm not saying I like these guys, they were more acceptable than the other lot.

You are well entitled to your opinion & I respect your view.
As are you, but this isn't about me as much as you might want it to be.

You need to open your mind to other possibilities, and you need to permit the 'rusted on' from both sides the possibility that they are right, that their ideologies - competing as they are - come from legitimate gripes with the status quo.

Centrism is attempted objectivity, and just because the attempt is worthwhile does not mean that it is successful.

Beazley was an entitled son of a politician
Crean was a union hack
Latham was the golden child of your namesake
Rudd was an aberration
Gillard was a union lawyer
Shorten an entitled kid who married his way to power
And finally we have an actual blue collar leader in the people's party.
are you talking about rich albo who hasnt done a real job in his life, just been a long term poltical activist.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I would not classify any of them as particularly educated or enlightened.

Media outlets that reinforce their fear and prejudice provides some sort of weird comfort for them.

Sounds like the latter then.

I've seen the type before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back