Scott Morrison - How Long? Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to know who the most incompetent minister in slippery Scott's ministry is these days. So many to choose from. But Tudge has to be near the head of the queue. Should be in the jug.

No4NxsB.jpg

Nah, no way, 180K rich? nah, no f****ng way! $3,461.54 per week with the ability to pay f**k all tax on it utilising Honest Johnny's tax evasion legislation like negative gearing, like dividend imputation and yep, you're right $3,461.54 per week is an atrociously low income - how the f**k are you meant to maintain the 45 footer on that paltry amount?
True. It barely covers blow and hookers, let alone my 45 ft yacht.

It’s more than double the national average.
It's a very good upper middle class income which I view as a level below 'rich'. If we're going to target the rich, I'd set the bar higher. (I don't earn 180k btw).

It's a very good upper middle class income which I view as a level below 'rich'. If we're going to target the rich, I'd set the bar higher. (I don't earn 180k btw).

The higher you target it the less you get.

There really aren't that many really rich people. So its a matter of getting 10 bucks from a million people , or 100 bucks from 1000 people.
When Britain tried taxing the rich too much in the 60s it just drove an exodus out of Britain.

The people really ripping money out of Australia for nothing are the likes of Apple.
There are rich people like Gerry Ryan who are loaded but actually help a lot in society. Don't want to be pushing them out or taxing his companies too much.

There really aren't that many really rich people. So its a matter of getting 10 bucks from a million people , or 100 bucks from 1000 people.
When Britain tried taxing the rich too much in the 60s it just drove an exodus out of Britain.

I think you need to work on your numbers

10 x 1,000,000 = 10,000,000

100 x 1000 = 100,000

Especially if you’re paying off a $2mil house that’s only really worth $750k..too many people living beyond their means in this country.

Its only a 2mill house because people bid that much on it.

I'm pissed off with housing prices. I split with my wife and I'd like to buy her half out , but its gone up so much since we bought it i don't think i have many options.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And that's how we devalue the word rich, by assuming it only applies to fat land barons in their mansions, smoking cigars while watching homeless people fight to the death for entertainment. $180,000 is definitely rich, although people can make it hard on themselves by overextending on their homes, cars, jet skis, Bali trips etc.

And that's how we devalue the word rich, by assuming it only applies to fat land barons in their mansions, smoking cigars while watching homeless people fight to the death for entertainment. $180,000 is definitely rich, although people can make it hard on themselves by overextending on their homes, cars, jet skis, Bali trips etc.

Its what you do with your money not what you earn.
If you breed a dozen children you aren't as rich ( i know , but lets not go into the different sort of riches in life ).
If you earned $60 000 and invested it all carefully, living frugally to do it you may well become rich.

But yeah if you earn $180 000, even if you are starting with nothing.
You don't have to worry about affording a house for your family to live in.
You don't have to worry about providing food.

You can rent a nice house in South Yarra for $50 000 and still have $1000 per week to spend on food and $20 000 for a holiday.
It wouldn't be a wise way to live, but that's more than upper middle class.

The cockroach has announced he is going to repat Aussies to QT camp in NT...about ******* time!

It is not even a question of if you are rich or not. It is a question of can someone on $180k pay their fair share to live in the country we do.

And the answer is obviously yes.

The cockroach has announced he is going to repat Aussies to QT camp in NT...about ******* time!
And why is he still crapping on about Kiwi holiday makers? He conveniently forgets to mention that they will have to quarantine on their return and pay for it - not going out and blowing cash on stupid s**t like he thinks they will in Cairns.
* me he’s a w***er.

If you recall when Mark Latham was opposition leader he stated that $80,000 p.a. was rich. That was back in 2004.

What ALP supporters fail to realise is that you spend what you earn.

If you have a $180,000 income then you will have a $180,000 lifestyle. Why because you can afford it and you want to enjoy the fruits of your labour.

If you earn only $80,000 income then you will have a $80,000 lifestyle.

The people really ripping money out of Australia for nothing are the likes of Apple.
There are rich people like Gerry Ryan who are loaded but actually help a lot in society. Don't want to be pushing them out or taxing his companies too much.

The rich have moved to less taxing pastures, The rich have left New York and are they are now leaving California for Texas.

It’s more than double the national average.
Don't worry about the "average wage", that's badly skewed. The measure should be the median wage which is $57,200. The poor bastards on $180k get 3.15 times more than those on the median - poor bastards!!

Our taxation system was based on the principle of those who can afford to pay tax do so and it kept us in good stead for many, many years but now, the f**kwit neocons and with their discredited Friedmanite policies are flattening the tax scale to shift the burden of taxation on to those who can least afford it and at the same time, because revenue going into government coffers has dried up, health, education, access to justice, aged care, disability support etc etc has been gutted.

By the way, not everybody around here votes Labour nor Greens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back