Scott's Not Going Anywhere

Strongly disagree with you there. You can't sack a coach just because of not allowing the players to train in bad weather conditions.

If you don't train in those conditions how are you expected to play in those conditions?

Johnny99

Club Legend
Sep 15, 2011
In a house.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You are infuriated that some wins might mean our coach isn't sacked after one poor game in a row? .

Adelaide - 30 points up with 10 min to go. And we lose ? Disaster.
WCE - should have won that. Since then WCE have been beaten by the Tigers at home.
GEEL - 40 points up, how did we lose that ?
SYD - allowed SYD to kick 11 goals in one qtr of footy.

Thats 5 poor games out of 11, this year. I reckon B Scott's coaching record this year has been horrendous.

And that doesnt include the Hawks game, which I believe we should have won. But we lacked the basic skills and discipline to win....

6 games out of 11 !

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
Adelaide - 30 points up with 10 min to go. And we lose ? Disaster.
WCE - should have won that. Since then WCE have been beaten by the Tigers at home.
GEEL - 40 points up, how did we lose that ?
SYD - allowed SYD to kick 11 goals in one qtr of footy.

Thats 5 poor games out of 11, this year. I reckon B Scott's coaching record this year has been horrendous.

And that doesnt include the Hawks game, which I believe we should have won. But we lacked the basic skills and discipline to win....

6 games out of 11 !

Poor game is getting beaten by Buddy Franklin, not being within a goal of teams that at the time were very good teams in good form. Sydney was one bad quarter, Adelaide was a mess for half the game, including the last ten minutes, and last night almost unwatchably bad. One game out of eleven, and a few part-games. Compared to two very good games and a large number of very good half and three quarter games. Which is why the percentage is so solid. I'm not even going to start on why the claim about what we should have done because a different team did something else another round is questionable.

Aug 16, 2009
North Caulfield
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Agree with you on all of your points however by me pointing out that half of our list are still developing those players need to bulk up and get really strong so that they can tackle experienced guys like Ablett who is strong all over his body and doesn't even go to ground. We are so skinny compared to what the Suns are.
Why is this the case?

Ghostwriter

Cancelled
10k Posts RIP North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2008 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor
Aug 20, 2002
Petrie Motlop sponsor '03
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It's not a good look on a family friendly forum to see fully grown adults acting like small children.
But it's fambly friendly, so we can act like children.

aussiefooty

Carn the mighty roos!
I reneged on a bet or agreement :( Chess Club Member
Jun 7, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Socceroos Geelong
Why is this the case?
Because the youngsters haven't bulked up in the weights room for awhile.
I don't know if you saw how easily Gary Ablett Jnr was able to shake off Sam Wright, Shaun Atley, etc. But it was so prevelant out there.

aussiefooty

Carn the mighty roos!
Jun 7, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Socceroos Geelong
Well you sucked Hearts to hearts in, surprised Darwinroo didn't fall for your charms, between the 3 of you, Brad Scott and James Brayshaw, Norths future looks solid.
I think Hearts to hearts was happy with me because she liked my positive posts.
I am going to leave DarwinRoo alone because I'm a little scared of him.

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yet it's wins against those teams that have put some other teams ahead of us.

You are infuriated that some wins might mean our coach isn't sacked after one poor game in a row? Like we are Melbourne or a terminally crap team, instead of a middle ranking, mostly very good but uneven team that is heading in the right direction?

Some quite psychotic overreacting going on around here at the moment.

Incorrect. I am infuriated at the fact that we are 4-7 and looking absolutely shocking, with finals already out of the question and are essentially the laughing stock of the competition.

My reference to Melbourne and GWS, was that we will beat them convincingly and Scott will dodge the limelight which should well and truly be place on him. If you don't think that the negativity on this board is warranted, then you are an absolute dreamer and can enjoy mediocrity.

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
I think Hearts to hearts was happy with me because she liked my positive posts.
I am going to leave DarwinRoo alone because I'm a little scared of him.

It's just been a fairly relentless and boring tide of negativity, so it was just nice to have someone saying something different.

You must have been around for a while in some guise to know I'm a woman, so my welcome was a bit superfluous as it turns out - still, there's not enough politeness in the world.

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Incorrect. I am infuriated at the fact that we are 4-7 and looking absolutely shocking, with finals already out of the question and are essentially the laughing stock of the competition.

My reference to Melbourne and GWS, was that we will beat them convincingly and Scott will dodge the limelight which should well and truly be place on him. If you don't think that the negativity on this board is warranted, then you are an absolute dreamer and can enjoy mediocrity.

Kind of a dreamer, probably, and I enjoy my club this year as I do every year. It is a hobby, fun to share with my kids and it wouldn't be good for my health or my sanity to set too many conditions on my enjoyment.

Given that my dreamy support has as much influence as your fury on the performance of a bunch of people neither of us will ever meet - that is, none - I'll probably stick with it.

aussiefooty

Carn the mighty roos!
Jun 7, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Socceroos Geelong
It's just been a fairly relentless and boring tide of negativity, so it was just nice to have someone saying something different.

You must have been around for a while in some guise to know I'm a woman, so my welcome was a bit superfluous as it turns out - still, there's not enough politeness in the world.
My old username was carntheroos4eva it's been permabanned. I don't know if you remember that one or not.

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Kind of a dreamer, probably, and I enjoy my club this year as I do every year. It is a hobby, fun to share with my kids and it wouldn't be good for my health or my sanity to set too many conditions on my enjoyment.

Given that my dreamy support has as much influence as your fury on the performance of a bunch of people neither of us will ever meet - that is, none - I'll probably stick with it.

meh, rather have a relative clue then none at all.

roo_boy_29

All Australian
Aug 23, 2009
Glenelg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
As much as I love Drew was it smart to re sign him for two years. With Black, Tarrant, Daw, Hansen wouldn't it have been better for the club to maybe off load Drew for a key defender from another club. As good as Drewey has been I think sometimes we lack a bit of s**t about us and don't want to make the hard calls.

As much as I love Drew was it smart to re sign him for two years. With Black, Tarrant, Daw, Hansen wouldn't it have been better for the club to maybe off load Drew for a key defender from another club. As good as Drewey has been I think sometimes we lack a bit of s**t about us and don't want to make the hard calls.
No

roo_boy_29

All Australian
Aug 23, 2009
Glenelg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We could have flirted with the idea at least. I mean who knows what we could have got in return. Hawthorn had to trade Croad to Freo for list management after he won a flag. Adelaide traded Modra. Carlton traded Fev and Brisbane traded Bradshaw.

Croad wanted to go, Modra was a clown, Fev was worse and Brisbane trading Bradshaw was just dumb. You don't * up a team/club by selling out on someone that has been so loyal and a good part of the heart and sole of the club over the last 10 years. It's just no worth it.

Nov 30, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Chelsea, Minnesota Timberwolves
Listen you still have to be patient with the newies coming through at all times. Everyone has to be. IF you aren't going to listen to me I will alert the club and they will make you listen.

Scott cant even get his players to listen to basic instructions. And I'm sure making Gasometer "listen" is at the top of their priorities. Rather then rescuing our season. There was a reason you were banned sooz, you post constant s**t that makes no sense.

roo_boy_29

All Australian
Aug 23, 2009
Glenelg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Croad wanted to go, Modra was a clown, Fev was worse and Brisbane trading Bradshaw was just dumb. You don't **** up a team/club by selling out on someone that had been do loyal and a good part of the heart and sole of the club over the last 10 years. It's just no worth it.
So for example if the Crows offered us Andy Otten and a second round draft pick we wouldn't think about it.

roo_boy_29

All Australian
Aug 23, 2009
Glenelg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Who is to say Drew couldn't have cashed in on his last two years. We could have done well in return for the trade and it's a win win situation for everybody. All as i know is that if we are continually going to offer up s**t players like Hansen in trade period then we are never going to get a Goddard, Ablett or Franklin. Never.

hcd199

Club Legend
Apr 29, 2009
Hobart
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Waterford GAA, Glenorchy, Hob (BBL)
I'm not part of the Brad Scott lynch mob but I'm very concerned. Something's missing. Something's wrong.
[...]
- And of course the pissing away good positions. By my reckoning there have been 19 games out of 78 for Brad Scott when North have been totally in control on the ground and on the scoreboard only for us to either surrender the lead but recover and win well enough, win hanging on grimly, or lose.

I have a feeling this one started out as a fitness issue (see Round 8 2010 against Adelaide) and, through our inability to correct it back then, has become a mental one. Not sure how we go about fixing it, but this is the priority at the moment. In first quarters this year, we average more than double the score of our opponents - there is no way we should be able to quote a stat like that and still be 4-7.

roo_boy_29

All Australian
Aug 23, 2009
Glenelg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Football is a war of attrition these days. It's not a sprint and never has been. The problem is North focuses on there explosive starts way more than any other club in the league therefore leaving us wobbling at the finish. The fitness and coaching staff have to come up with different strategies to get through a game of AFL. There is no need to be playing your best footy in the first 5 minutes. More even tempo footy early and keeping possesion early is the modern thing.

Am a huge fan of Brad Scott and his coaching. It didn't take me long to work out that our list at the moment is a developing one. We were rebuilding the club since he got appointed.
My strong suggestion is that you lower your expectations of finals or else to something like middle of the range. We could still finish 8th as you don't know what might happen after the bye. The man in question did tell us all to be patient and I can clearly see that many of you don't even know what patience is. Aaron Black played his 11th game of AFL footy. J Mac played his 40th game of footy. If Maj had of played that would have been his 6th game of footy. It goes by experience guys. I'm guessing some of you have never gone from state level footy to AFL level and don't realise that it's a huge jump.
We lost to the side that is 2.5 years old. Were down by no more than two goals for the entire second half and couldn't e even make any sort of run at them. Just accepted our fate and gave up.

Back