Official Match Thread Season 26, Round 4: Roys FFC vs Gumbies FFC at Brunswick Junction Oval (MOTR)

Remove this Banner Ad

542399_22c26fcf295c5dd8c70ddf9ca869993f.png

On paper, it's a tale of two complete opposites. The reigning premiers vs the reigning wooden spooners. However, an off-season is a long time in qooty, and now a rejuvenated Gumbies outfit heads to the Roys in what feels like a far more even contest, bookies be damned...

Qrownbet odds:

Roys FFC $1.50
Gumbies FFC $2.50

Last 5 games:

Roys 3, Gumbies 2

Players to Watch

Roys

Runk

A premiership player in his rookie season, Runk will be looking to get a second helping.

Mooch

The charismatic Roy's full forward will be in search of his maiden Fred medal.

Gumbies

BRAB

Divisive, but always entertaining to watch, reigning co-Fred medalist BRAB's move to the midfield has payed off dividends...is there a Mobbs Medal in his future?

Fryer Tuck

The SFA game show's carryover champ has been a godsend to the Gumbies, rebuilding their side from scratch for the new season.

Phenom's tip:

Gumbies by 11​

We are here at the Golden Throne! Come on Royals, show us what you're made of!

Uhh... where is everyone?
You're thinking of those Roy wannabes. Speaking of wannabes, i see we now have a 3rd team with the FFC suffix. In obvious honour of the trailblazing Roys FFC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Royals are dead. We are the kings and queens now.

Sounds like a full house.

You're thinking of those Roy wannabes. Speaking of wannabes, i see we now have a 3rd team with the FFC suffix. In obvious honour of the trailblazing Roys FFC.

We've been FFC since Season 24. We represent the proud and wealthy north eastern siberb of Gumbania.

I'm sorry. I saw ROY, and thought Royals. I knew we played the Royals twice. I forgot that we also played the Roys twice as well.

It will be a fun week now that the issue has been resolved.

It'll be a fun week?
Now expectations can have been set. Can these new look Gumbies deliver?
Find out after this commercial break.

Three teams of three think so. Hope to make it four.

Why can't you see the bright side of life, FBD? Has your record breaking year taken the fun out of life?

If truth be told life has never been fun. It's a constant rollercoaster of peaks and troughs. The pressure that comes with the Roys record breaking seasons has damaged me somewhat.
I'm not the poster I once was.

Three teams of three think so. Hope to make it four.

Why can't you see the bright side of life, FBD? Has your record breaking year taken the fun out of life?
It's like the dog chasing its tail, the Roys finally caught their tail last season and now there's shock and uncertainty aplenty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back