Competition Season 31 Rookie Gun of the Year - What are the chances?

Remove this Banner Ad

It simply can’t happen, my performances are proof that I’m the preeminent Rookie in season 31.....Everyone else is playing for silver.

Our Rats rookies are putting our senior players to shame.

That pre-season camp ****ed us.

That pre-season camp f’ed us.
We need another booze session, still have full faith we will come good....Until then I will continue to lead the way & destroy whoever is put in front of me.

Forward of the Week - @Catsnlakers (SCS) - ADT 198.67
I'm going to mention this now because if Catsnlakers manages to do this again next round, I might have to finally plan an interview at phil's.
What do you mean by "next round"? This ridiculous anti-Rat bias from the Committee has been fun and all, I admit, but it is becoming poisonous!

Give the Gun to Catsnlakers now! He was already robbed last week.

That pre-season camp f’ed us.
Don't mention it. Tied up to a tree, blindfolded, with no food, listening to the Royals teamsong on repeat forever. Whose idea was that?!

Last edited:
That's right, another Swampie gets candidacy. Gremio won't be able to contain their excitement over the possibility of being disappointed 2 times over.

--
P.S.: I may feel overwhelming to some, but I am just one individual. No need to refer to me in plural.

Last edited:
Simple—- play better Qooty.
Every week I’m getting better, it’s actually starting to become unfair for the other rookies, because I’m setting standards that are unrealistic for them too match.

Every week I’m getting better, it’s actually starting to become unfair for the other rookies, because I’m setting standards that are unrealistic for them too match.

16 disposals when spending half the game as centre is “unrealistic” expectations for them to match??

16 disposals when spending half the game as centre is “unrealistic” expectations for them to match??
Disposals only tell some of the story of what I bring.....Don’t believe me, check out our match sim, after your match (loss) concludes of course.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

See what happens when you post!
Most of Round 5 was spent picking up the pieces of Round 4, but none of that hindered the rookies at all. There were plenty of rookies with an ADT score in the 90s or low 100s where rookies have just go to be in the right position more than the rest to be given a look at, with every candidate bar one either playing in the midfield by the end of their game, like Aristotle Pickett, or just being in a good position to start with, like powerrrrrrrrrrrr. It all came down to 2 players, the Back Pocket turned mid and the Forward Pocket turned mid. The voters looked at the both games, and one just just that bit better than the other. And so your Round 5 Gun nomination is…
1615616220349.png 1615616255084.png

It was really close between Catsnlakers and BringBackTheAnchor, well at least with the ADT it was close. However, looking at the games for both, BBTA was doing more with the ball than what Catsnlakers was, and the stats reflected that with BBTA getting stats in more categories. I mean look at the highlights...

Okay so he didn't even get the ball before being moved, but neither did his opponent.

1 : 3.58 - <<< BringBackTheAnchor is trading places with MC Bad Genius >>>
Not a bad start when the sim did finally notice him.
1 : 7.51 {C} - Western Stand Warrior hits the ground running.
1 : 7.53 {C} - Western Stand Warrior nearly got done for running too far but he remembers to bounce at last.
1 : 7.55 {C} - Smashed by BringBackTheAnchor.
They were just not watching him at the start.
1 : 21.53 {rHBF} - Tommycash sells the dummy and helps himself to a bounce.
1 : 21.58 {C} - Western Stand Warrior presents.
1 : 22 {C} - BringBackTheAnchor rises over the pack majestically.
The first quarter ends with great assist added to the reel.
Dragons FFC : 4.4.28
Las Vegas Bears : 1.0.6
1 : 23.12 {C} - No clear advantage to either side.
1 : 23.21 {C} - BringBackTheAnchor sucks it up like a dustbuster and he's off and running.
1 : 23.27 {lHFF} - He gets boot to ball immediately.
1 : 23.28 {lHFF} - Knifey Spoony runs back with the flight of the ball and takes it!.
1 : 23.32 {lHFF} - Knifey Spoony has it.
1 : 23.37 {lHFF} - Knifey Spoony sees an open goal.
1 : 23.41 {lHFF} - Knifey Spoony's dobbed it.
Dragons FFC : 5.4.34
Las Vegas Bears : 1.0.6
Not that the second quarter was going to be any different.
2 : 3.13 {lHBF} - Muddiemoose takes a bounce and nearly fumbles it.
2 : 3.17 {C} - A bit of a miskick.
2 : 3.21 {C} - But BringBackTheAnchor is better positioned and marks safely.
Performed a 1-2 without any trouble.
3 : 3.05 {C} - BringBackTheAnchor fighting to get a clear kick.
3 : 3.11 {C} - A lookaway handpass to A Swallow.
3 : 3.15 {C} - Gets a handpass away to BringBackTheAnchor.
Was simply running rings around his opponent.
3 : 14.1 {lHBF} - A long looping handpass to kane249.
3 : 14.12 {C} - He rewards the Western Stand Warrior lead.
3 : 14.16 {C} - Oh a turnover. The kick is marked by BringBackTheAnchor.
There was no stopping him.
4 : 13.37 {rHBF} - Tommycash has it. What can he do with it?.
4 : 13.39 {C} - Western Stand Warrior presents.
4 : 13.43 {C} - Western Stand Warrior can't mark. BringBackTheAnchor can.

In the end, BBTA was a part of a demolition of the Bears at the hands of the Dragons, probably one of their biggest wins in their history. It feels great when you win by such a big margin, it feels even better when you're one of the reasons the margin got that big. And now you get to do an interview about that contribution.

This week, I was taken to a garden area on the Dragon's home island. BringBackTheAnchor had brought in an anchor, serial_thrilla was in a surprisingly good mood and I was ready to hear the juicy goss about whatever happens in their neck of the woods.

1615618613159.png

FG: Hey ST, the Dragons absolutely humiliated the Bears in Round 5, with your rookie getting nommed for his part. How does it feel?
ST: Hi there FootyGuy. It feels great - I didn't even have to bribe anyone this time! We've only got one rookie this season, so it's fantastic to see him getting some recognition for his on field efforts. He seems to be starting to get a feel for the match threads too, so I hope to see him pushing for a Torch of the Week nom in the back end of the season.

FG: Congrats on getting BBTA over to the Dragons. Where did you find him, and how is he settling in?
ST: We came across BBTA during the SFA tour of the Footy Jumpers and Graphic Design board. I naturally gravitated towards him since he was a Freo supporter and he seemed to be interested in the sim concept as well as engaging with a few SFAers in the match thread. The Dragons LG seemed a little concerned that I'm turning the Dragons in a new Freo team after I also recruited Bradesmaen last season, so I've been informed that I am no longer allowed to recruit any more Dockers fans. Unless Bastyy agrees to come across. He gets an exemption. BBTA is warming to the SFA nicely - he's started to understand the whole silly concept now, and he's even using his skills to work on an upgrade to the Dragons FFC team jumpers!

FG: He's been handy for you guys being the team's Super Sub and in the midfield this round, what are your on-field aspirations for BBTA?
ST: BBTA very patiently waited for his opportunity over the first few rounds as he had to earn his spot in the starting lineup. He put his head down, trained hard at Dragon Island Subway, and now only Bonz can put together a meatball footlong quicker than him. He was also very impressive once subbed into games and was keen to start getting involved in match threads. We finally gave him a starting spot against the Bears and he took the opportunity with both hands - MC Bad Genius was getting fatigued after 4 minutes in the guts, so BBTA switched with him and did the job to cheat the Gun algorithm. Now that he's got a starting position in the back pocket though, it's up to him to move up the ground.

FG: He's not the only one to figure out the cheat, and he won't be the last. As you said, he's the only rookie Dragon Island this season, any chance of getting another by seasons end?
ST: Probably not at this point - maybe one at most. We've got 19 active posters most weeks, and it's a hard sell to recruit someone who won't get a spot in the team each week. If we spot some talent in the BF wilderness or the right person pops into the Sign Up thread we'll give them a once over though.

FG: Now that we're a quarter into the season and we've seen what rookies every other team has, are there any other rookies that you wish you had gotten your hands on that go alright at qooty?
ST: I thought the S30 rookies were dull and talentless, but the S31 ones take the cake! DockerDen5215 is impressive, as is Catsnlakers and Aristotle Pickett...and I've heard good things about Jabba73 and GREENESHOOTS. But the rest seem to be treading water or have done the Harold Holt already.

It might still be early days in the season, we'll see if the Footy gets the rookies more into the Qooty or not. Now, onto the rookie...

FG: Hey BringBackTheAnchor! Congratulations on the nomination after missing a couple chances to be a candidate. You must be pleased with how you went in the game. What path did you take to get to the SFA, and where did you first hear about it?
BBTA: I heard some talk on the FJGD board about SFA but it wasn't until the Qooty tour of FJGD I really got involved. Playing off the half-back flank I had 12 marks with 20 disposals and soon after serial_thrilla sent me a PM offering a position on the Dragons.

FG: What are your first impressions of the place? Is ST, MC Bad Genius and the rest of the Dragons looking after you?
BBTA: Its been amazing, I think I've settled in quite well and the rest of the Dragons have been great.

FG: How do you prepare for a qooty match? Did you think you were going to be a chance of getting the nomination this week?
BBTA: My game day normally starts with a long shift at Dragon Island Subway and in my first game off the bench I knew I could put up some nice numbers but I didn't really think about the nomination.

FG: What would you like to achieve on the field during your SFA career?
BBTA: I would love to hang around this team for a long while, play a fair amount of games and of course win the cup.

FG: Have there been any other teams that have stood out for you on the field, or players that you model your qooty on?
BBTA: I haven't really had a look at to many other match threads but who else could I model my game on but the captain or Bonz (as we both share the photoshopping skill)

FG: Who else do you think will win the Gun of the Year, and the overall Rising Star? Reckon you’re a shot?
BBTA: I think DockerDen5215 has a good chance at Rising Star, though I think I can put in some more key performances I've got a good shot.

What have the rookie got in store for the competition in Round 6? Will another name spring up, or a regular candidate get the nomination? Will Gremio stop acting like the Rising Star is all about him? Find out tomorrow sometime, I dunno when the matches get put up.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Robbed again, but there’s only so long I’ll be denied....Guess the Gumbies are the losers out of this farce. 💪

Thanks serial_thrilla

FG: Who else do you think will win the Gun of the Year, and the overall Rising Star? Reckon you’re a shot?
BBTA: I think DockerDen5215 has a good chance at Rising Star, though I think I can put in some more key performances I've got a good shot.

It's possible, but I have no chance in the rookie gun award. Completely lacklustre in my on-field performances thus far. Round 1 was my only shot and I blew it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back