Player Sponsorship Season Launch - March 15 @ Crown

Remove this Banner Ad

it was a really good night. A couple of points I remember:
  • We are up 23% on last year's memberships, but still missing 10,000 previous members
  • First time we had 1000 people at the Season Launch
  • New sponsorship deals totalling 1.5 mil, (approx) but same sponsors, White King, Slater and Gordon etc
  • Mitch Wallis is mentoring Dunkley
  • Darcy compared the night and was really good. Telling a couple of of funny stories on what the players got up to when he was still playing.
  • We have our own Bulldog song written by three musicians it's quite good. It will be played at our home games.
  • Gill McLaughlan and his wife was there.
  • Boyd is loving being at the club.
Will add to the list as I remember things.

• We are up 23% on last year's memberships, but still missing 10,000 previous members
  • New sponsorship deals totalling 1.5 mil, (approx) but same sponsors, White King, Slater and Gordon etc
  • Darcy compared the night and was really good. Telling a couple of of funny stories on what the players got up to when he was still playing.
  • We have our own Bulldog song written by three musicians it's quite good. It will be played at our home games.
Yeah was a top night and good to meet a few fellow Big Footy pundits.
A couple of points to add
  • I believe David said we were 23% up in numbers but already passed total membership revenue from last season.
  • Club giving back $1.6m in community programs and looking to minimize gaming revenue
  • Mitch said the club was still determining how best to adapt to cap on the interchange. Some players will spend more time on the ground while explosive types may rotate more.
  • The wine and beers were good, so a little dusty this morning at work.

Just watched Stevenson's speech on our website. He said we have a deal with Allied Express (a new sponsor) and all the deals totaled $2.2m. He did not say over what period that was however.

Just watched Stevenson's speech on our website. He said we have a deal with Allied Express (a new sponsor) and all the deals totaled $2.2m. He did not say over what period that was however.

Thanks, I thought it was just over one mil and I didn't hear the name of the last sponsor. Is he new?

Last edited:
Btw players didn't have much input in the song, Mitch said they were shown the "new version" and asked soo we all good?
might have been a leadership group thing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back