Media Serial Stats: The S29 "People's Choice" ALL-SFA Team! (TEAM COMPLETE!)

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 882780

Congrats mate on being named in the "People's Choice" All-SFA Team, and also gaining the honour of being vice-captain. Does being chosen in this team by your peers mean more to you than getting selected in a team produced by a committee behind closed doors? Do you expect to get into the "real" one later this season?

View attachment 882794

Cheers thrilla. It's nice to make the cut and a genuine surprise to pick up the vice captaincy of such a fine pack of reprobates. Generations from now, I have little doubt they will recall this very team and sing songs of our valour.

As reigning vice captain of the other one, I have to say this is far more pleasing. I mean, any committee member can basically just pick themselves in the All-SFA team as we know, while this one we've had no control over or ability to manipulate the result whatsoever... there wasn't even any point in having a splinter group PM or anything. :huh:

Spare a thought for poor Ant Bear! :'(

Not sure mate, I was elite at CHB this season but there'll be a lot of other captains vying for those precious defender positions to hide themselves in.

What do you think of the team so far? Any preferences for who'd you would like as your skipper? If anything "unexpected" happened to the captain and you had to take the reigns, what's the first thing you'd do to the team?

It appears incomplete to me, I think you probably need at least another couple of players to finish it off.

I would actually like Millky95 to be the captain, as this is also a make believe team that will never play a game.

I guess if this captain is anything like me, considering the savage treatment pantsredacted and harry000 endure behind closed doors, I'll probably just meekly ask them what time they'd like me to pick up their dry cleaning.

What does it mean to you to appear to be so well renowned in the SFA? If you had a choice between this and winning the beez, why is it you chose this auspicious team? What do you have to say to the people that voted you in?

It is the crowning achievement of my time on this earth, and will now be the opening salvo of my resume.

beez or this? It would have to be making this prestigious team. There's a badge for this right?

To all that voted for me, thank you for your heartfelt pity. It sustains me. :thumbsu:

View attachment 882793
TheInjuryFactory

This team seems lacking for some reason. Cant put my finger on it.

Test Tickle (c)
1590647520328.png

Congrats mate on being named in the "People's Choice" All-SFA Team, and also gaining the honour of being captain. Does being chosen in this team by your peers mean more to you than getting selected in a team produced by a committee behind closed doors? Do you expect to get into the "real" one later this season?

Yeah na its a terrific honor to be selected by your peers, they are the people I play with week in and week out, my team mates or my opposition each week, I learn from them and they learn from me, they all respect me and I don't take any of that for granted.
I'm very versatile, especially in the post match showers, I was named All-SFA Ruck last season and yes I expect to be named again this season at Full Back, I've only had 9 goals kicked on me all season, that is a dour defender.

What do you think of the team, Skip? With three impressive bench players in Headless, Loonerty and Elton Johns Wig on the pine: you'll have some room to flex your captaincy muscles with them throughout the game.

Well I think the selection of Headless on the bench goes without saying and as for Loons and EJW, well they wont get a run until I decide to pull a couple off I guess.

A backline of Ned_Flanders, manangatang and Tony Lynn 15 - that'll be hard to beat with those three experienced trucks; but how will you keep them focused?

Keeping these guys focused will be a tough task, I think moving all the fast food trucks and hot dog stalls down the other end of the ground will be a good start, these guys are big units and are trained at their respective clubs by driving a food van around the outside of the oval, they'll chase it all night long. However, all 3 of them are quality players and well deserved selections.

Antonio BlueVein, Mobbs and Dingster across the halfback line, all three elite but with differing skillsets. Reckon you might need to send them off on a trip somewhere to get their minds aligned?

I'll most likely just bang their heads together at the start of each quarter, that usually gets their minds on the job and focused. RedVein and Ding have always been well respected flankers and Mobbs is a superstar.

Myself, por_please_ya and Harvey Manfrenjensenden make up an odd looking half forward line. Might need to fire a rocket up us to keep us focused. What's your go to method to keep the team in check?

I reckon Porps will keep this line under control, odd looking but lovable, a superstar rookie, a superwoman and well...Harvey. I'll be putting the hard word on Porps, to keep this line in reasonable working order at all times. I need this lot hitting up our next line, lace out every time.

There's some jets in the forward line with pantsredacted, The Filth Wizard and Chipmunk. Reckon you can keep their tempers down when the heat is turned up though?

I really like this line, its got a power of spunk about it, this is a quality line, I don't want their temps coming down, I need them firing, the more heated they are the harder they go, turn the heat up I say.

And that brings us to the midfield. There's some talent to burn in there with yourself, philreich, Barrybran, Tigerturbulance and the Warrior duo of TheInjuryFactory and Tonga Bob on the wings. Your only concern will be keeping them off the cans at half time. Reckon you'll instill some discipline so they wait until at least three quarter time?

I think half time drinks are OK, in fact if we are in front, I'd be one to throw them a pack of darts as well. I'll be ramming it down Bazzas throat all day long while Phil skirts the pack for the easy ball. Turbo just oozes quality, no one will get around his frame in the guts and TiF and Bob will run all day long. Very strong midfield, match winners everywhere here.

What does it mean to you to appear to be so well renowned in the SFA? What do you have to say to the people that voted you in?
Well it means a lot of course to be chosen by your peers and you'd give your everything just to run out on to the park with this bloody fantastic mob. I'd like to thank everyone for their votes and I am overwhelmed by this selection, let alone be made Captain of this truly remarkable representative team.
I assume Chief will be awarding me a badge for this honor of which I am truly grateful and I certainly will never under estimate the power that this honor will bestow in me.
Thank you all and good luck to everyone involved in the finals series coming up and I would be nothing without my Bear Brothers and Sister.
Go Bears!

1590647657385.png
Test Tickle

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This reminds me of when captains picked teams at school lunch time and there was odd numbers and only TJASTA was left without a team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back