• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Atalanta B.C
Hello friends,

The SFA hosts a number of interesting, colourful or otherwise personalities who put their metal to the test day in and day out in the name of Qooty.

Whether its award winning captains who stood up for their team only for their own history to come and stab them in the back, or 2nd year renegades who boldly stood up for what they believed was right in the face of all reason. We could also consider noble, stoic veterans who sought to fight the war against over moderation, or new leaders rebelling against their old teammates, or even rookies utilising obscure means of communication. If they have flogged up the league they will qualify.

In this thread we will pay homage to our most fearless, most valiant and most stupid flogs who by the sheer strength of their campaignery have imposed themselves on the SFA this season.

We will whittle down the field to the most deserving, and most atrocious campaigners to see who will be the inaugural SFA flog of the season.

Hello friends,

The SFA hosts a number of interesting, colourful or otherwise personalities who put their metal to the test day in and day out in the name of Qooty.

Whether its award winning captains who stood up for their team only for their own history to come and stab them in the back, or 2nd year renegades who boldly stood up for what they believed was right in the face of all reason. We could also consider noble, stoic veterans who sought to fight the war against over moderation, or new leaders rebelling against their old teammates, or even rookies utilising obscure means of communication. If they have flogged up the league they will qualify.

In this thread we will pay homage to our most fearless, most valiant and most stupid flogs who by the sheer strength of their campaignery have imposed themselves on the SFA this season.

We will whittle down the field to the most deserving, and most atrocious campaigners to see who will be the inaugural SFA flog of the season.
How will this work? Who puts forward the names? Are you the sole judge? Lots of questions but I've subscribed.

How will this work? Who puts forward the names? Are you the sole judge? Lots of questions but I've subscribed.
I will go through the most deserving candidates on a team by team basis then we will have our final field and the selection will be made from there. Whether it's a poll or the result is chosen in a corrupt SFA fashion is yet to be revealed.

Regardless any and all nominations put forth in this thread will be considered and the sentiment of the league will decide the ultimate champion.

Look forward to this, a lot of worthy candidates this season

Chipmunk what's the market for this?

ChippyBet will be watching closely to see the shortlist by club before putting up their market.

Ahh you know your competitors well!

Your contributions to the SFA this season have been well noted but we must sieve through a large field first and pay our dues to many along the way who have made this place more 'memorable'
If I don't win this I will literally hunt you down and cry in front of you

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Baghdad Bombers Nominees
128351.jpg
BLUEALLTHRU

BAT has served multiple sentences is Banhammer prison this season for some question contributions but vowed to return to the league as a changed man. Since then he has repeatedly blamed the Furies for his last sentencing and even attempted to take over the Steamer of the Week award before the Furies saved it. Many are questioning if he is allowed to post for himself anymore in a bid to stay out of banhammer. Either way BAT'S contribution to the league this season have not gone unnoticed and he could be a major player on awards night.

93202.jpg
Jabba73
Jabba has made a big impact in the league this season, fearlessly fronting up for the Baghdad Bombers, and offering mixed doses of quick wit and unwanted advice. Jabba's biggest contribution to the league have been his passionate essays in defence of his team. Although Jabba says he does not care about the league his beautiful writing from his twisted perspective says otherwise. Well done Jabba, here are some quotes of your best work:

Sorry for late reply, had some very welcome visitors over.

Don’t know what was said last year as clearly I wasn’t around the SFA then. Happy you accept that you crossed the line last week because it was unacceptable and not excused by any perceived previous indiscretions from other posters. By it’s very nature, the sexual connotation is inherent in the statement whether you believe you didn’t mean it or not.

If anyone posts anything as unacceptable as that in the future, I will certainly be amongst those calling it out if and when I see it.

When a post like yours causes the person on the receiving end of the abuse to lose their ability to participate in the SFA because they object to the content, and sometimes others who also object are suspended as well, then don’t expect their team mates to sit idly by while there are references made to said team member/s being missing in action. It is bait, pure and simple Mister M and your gloating over suspensions is disconcerting when the aim of SFA is participation.

Before any of you reading this reply with “yeah, but Bombers”, this is bigger than the love/hate relationship between other teams and the Baghdad Bombers. There is enough talk around the board about the vibe of the SFA and participation rates to suggest there is a serious problem and some of the viciousness directed at me by posters I have never engaged with previously has been astonishing. Any inexperienced poster unable to separate the banter from the vitriol, simply because of the team they joined, would either walk away and not come back or perhaps take some more drastic action.

Don‘t want or need any sympathy, get plenty of support from my team mates while finding my way through this confusing mess of in-jokes and historical references. Had mostly great weeks with some ripping posters from many different clubs I would not have met but for this forum, don’t regret a minute of the experience.

Will stand by my posting history including the times I have called out behaviour on many different issues where I believe it has crossed the line. Don‘t need you to tell me to be outraged by potential future, and as yet un-posted slurs from team mates, as a way of deflecting blame/responsibility from your own post. Reckon I am just smart enough to figure it out for myself, if and when it happens, at some undetermined point in the future.
In the generous spirit of helpfulness inspired by Antonio BlueVein I would love to be able to explain in simple terms what is clearly evident to everyone else.

In deference to @NaturalDisasterwho has requested I cease a certain line of discussion, I can’t do that.

What might help is a story about some neighbours of mine, a lovely old couple who were a bit eccentric but had some behaviours that made others a little uncomfortable.

Nothing too bad though, just little things like mowing a metre past the boundary of their property just to show the world their neighbours grass wasn’t as well kept as theirs. They would reach over the fence to trim bushes or trees that strayed into their yard and so on. Heart of gold and generally harmless, just rubbed some sensitive neighbours the wrong way.

One day, during a COVID-19 inspired lockdown, with different rules to normal, the couple had a friend over for a visit. Ever vigilant, the neighbours on the other side, who had been annoyed on and off for a long time, decided to ring and leave a message on the old couples mobile phone to warn them they risked punishment for allowing a visitor into their home.

As they told me later, being conscientious citizens, they could not let this egregious breach go unpunished as it put the rest of society at risk ... so they also immediately called the police to inform them of the old couples mistake.

In their defence, the neighbours told me the police were probably going to drive by and notice something wrong anyway, as there had been multiple reports of trespassing in the neighbourhood for a couple of years, so there were regular patrols in the area.

I suggested that I didn’t have a big issue with the old couple, as they were genuinely mistaken in thinking they could still have their friend over for lunch as he had no one else and couldn’t cook for himself. I suggested it was an inadvertent breach that a simple phone call could have resolved, without involving the Police.

The ‘good’ neighbours who called the Police were indignant at this, claiming they had tried desperately to warn the old couple they had done the wrong thing by leaving a message on a mobile phone ... that they knew was never answered when visitors were around because that is bad manners ... and only a few short seconds before they called the Police.

While the Police were interviewing the old couple and issuing them with a substantial fine, our ‘good’ neighbours were busy posting on Facebook about the poor couple next door who had been caught out, knowing the old couple didn’t have access to Facebook to be able to respond. They painted a convincing picture of their attempts to warn them and help them avoid punishment, alas ... to no avail.

Plenty of people praised the ‘good’ neighbours for their generous spirit and castigated the old couple for their dangerous and foolish behaviour. Even to this day, the ‘good’ neighbours inform everyone new to the neighbourhood of the mistake the couple made so very long ago.

Sadly, the ‘good’ neighbours have no insight into their own behaviour, and still claim they did everything in their power to help the old couple, while secretly delighting in their part in the saga. They are also keeping score of every like they get on Facebook as some sort of vindication for their actions.

Not sure who deserves more pity, the ‘good’ neighbours or everyone else around them.

Anyway, as I said, cannot go into any specifics as I have previously promised NaturalDisaster to heed any future friendly warnings to avoid certain topics. I intend to keep my word.

153430 (1).jpg
Pugsley
The pug has bitten many ankles this season and continues to pester many around the league, and fight for his team. Unfortunately for the Pug, his efforts this season have been largely overshadowed by his more grown teammates, nevertheless he is still worthy of a nomination.

23330.png
Santoz
Before melting out of the league and receiving a permaban this season Santoz regularly exposed some of the leagues worst posting and provoked the ire of many. Unfortunately his 'permaban' has limited his influence, nevertheless BAT has attempted to channel him through the Steamer of the week award.

57700.jpg
Tony Lynn 15
Tony is a major contributor to the leagues media space and has sought to stink the place up by bringing attention to 'Gerald Earl Gullum', complaining about several aspects of the leagues direction and using questionable mathematics to calculate which SFA poster has the worst post-to-like ratio. Tony will be a major contender for this award and his efforts deserve recognition.​

Back