SFL Division 3 - 2013

Who will take out the 2013 Divison 3 Premiership

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

How about Carrum Patterson Lakes upset win over Lyndale on Saturday.

The Lions look a real finals contender with the likes of James Dent, Daniel Graves, Mark Fitcher, Joel Dalton along with Nigel Scott and John Hynes who both didnt play.

Their biggest test comes this week against Doveton Eagles.

The Falcons have undergone some major changes over the past 6 months.
Most of their better players moved on to play higher levels of football (pretty normal for a group that was mostly under 21)
New coach, 40 new players (most with little/no experience playing football)
Basically gone back to step one, a work in progress- at least this time the league cant stitch them up financially again like they did in year one

or maybe Falcs need more medium sized forwards...not midfielders to play forward pocket :p

How about Carrum Patterson Lakes upset win over Lyndale on Saturday.

The Lions look a real finals contender with the likes of James Dent, Daniel Graves, Mark Fitcher, Joel Dalton along with Nigel Scott and John Hynes who both didnt play.

Their biggest test comes this week against Doveton Eagles.
Is that there seniors or super rules side plenty of future in those guy's.

Is that there seniors or super rules side plenty of future in those guy's.

Fitcher still goes alright at the level.

I popped down there on the weekend with the kids for the carnival etc after watching the first half of Edi/Asp's game. First chance to see a CPL game, huge crowd there, much bigger than I expected, great atmosphere. :thumbsu:

Also noticed another 2012 Chelsea Heights grand finalist down there in the crowd on the weekend. Would be a huge recruit for CPL if they get him accross, would destroy Div 3.

ROUND 5

5 THINGS TO KNOW

1. Slow starts killing Endeavour Hills
Endevour Hills won their first qtr for the first time this season, kicking 1.3 against Ashwood's 1.2.. 1 pt difference.
They ended up losing by 60 pts.
Looking at previous games, they seem to go well for half a game (not necessarily 2 qtrs in a row), but get blown out in the other 2 qtrs. Seems like a concentration issue, think to themselves that they are doing fine, not realising they need to lift further.

2. Doveton.. no sign of slowing down
Doveton just keep proving they are a force to not to be messed with, earning another big victory, this time over Black Rock by 117 pts, who could only muster 2 goals. This win puts Doveton back on top of the ladder.
Eager to see them play in person.

3. Mount Waverley still proving they've still got it
Coming up against Sandown, who have been a bogey side for Mount Waverley, a lot of people were probably thinking this will be the game that ends Mount's run and gets Sandown's mojo reigniting.
Alas for Sandown, it was not meant to be.
Personally being at this game, Sandown started better and finished better than Mount, but Mount got the upper hand during the bulk of the game to give them a 14 pt victory at Sandown's fortress.

4. Upset of the Round.. CPL over Lyndale
Truly the upset of the round, albeit the season so far, is Carrum-Patterson Lakes defeating a Lyndale side who have surprised the comp to be one of the premiership fancies this year.
A very good win which now opens up the competition even wider, putting CPL in the top 5 over SANDOWN.
In the words of Brian Taylor "WOWWEEEE!"

5. Hallam.. better start getting their act together

If Endeavour Hills are starting poorly, then Hallam finished just as bad.
This season they have not outscored their opponents once in the 2nd half.
They get an average score of 73pts kicked against them, whilst only kicking 31pts themselves.
This does not bode well if they are even or there abouts at half-time, or getting beaten.
I've seen them play this season and they aren't as bad as the ladder or results suggest, really need to keep focus when things start going against them.

I welcome any comments or feedback. Peace.

ROUND 5

5 THINGS TO KNOW

1. Slow starts killing Endeavour Hills
Endevour Hills won their first qtr for the first time this season, kicking 1.3 against Ashwood's 1.2.. 1 pt difference.
They ended up losing by 60 pts.
Looking at previous games, they seem to go well for half a game (not necessarily 2 qtrs in a row), but get blown out in the other 2 qtrs. Seems like a concentration issue, think to themselves that they are doing fine, not realising they need to lift further.

2. Doveton.. no sign of slowing down
Doveton just keep proving they are a force to not to be messed with, earning another big victory, this time over Black Rock by 117 pts, who could only muster 2 goals. This win puts Doveton back on top of the ladder.
Eager to see them play in person.

Coming up against Sandown, who have been a bogey side for Mount Waverley, a lot of people were probably thinking this will be the game that ends Mount's run and gets Sandown's mojo reigniting.
Personally being at this game, Sandown started better and finished better than Mount, but Mount got the upper hand during the bulk of the game to give them a 14 pt victory at Sandown's fortress.

4. Upset of the Round.. CPL over Lyndale
Truly the upset of the round, albeit the season so far, is Carrum-Patterson Lakes defeating a Lyndale side who have surprised the comp to be one of the premiership fancies this year.
A very good win which now opens up the competition even wider, putting CPL in the top 5 over SANDOWN.
In the words of Brian Taylor "WOWWEEEE!"

5. Hallam.. better start getting their act together

If Endeavour Hills are starting poorly, then Hallam finished just as bad.
This season they have not outscored their opponents once in the 2nd half.
They get an average score of 73pts kicked against them, whilst only kicking 31pts themselves.
This does not bode well if they are even or there abouts at half-time, or getting beaten.
I've seen them play this season and they aren't as bad as the ladder or results suggest, really need to keep focus when things start going against them.

Well put MountPrettyBoy.
Looking forward to a big 5 games this coming Saturday.

Dandenong vs Mount Waverley being match of the round.
Expect a close one between Ashwood and Lyndale, bottom two teams Hallam and Endeavour Hills lock horns and Carrum PL travel to Power Reserve to take on the Eagles.

Black Rock vs Sandown should be a close one aswell.

Fitcher still goes alright at the level.

I popped down there on the weekend with the kids for the carnival etc after watching the first half of Edi/Asp's game. First chance to see a CPL game, huge crowd there, much bigger than I expected, great atmosphere. :thumbsu:

Also noticed another 2012 Chelsea Heights grand finalist down there in the crowd on the weekend. Would be a huge recruit for CPL if they get him accross, would destroy Div 3.[/quot

Could it be RM and TD ??????

ROUND 5

Mount played some very good footy, and have a playing group that have played together for a number of years. Having played, reviewed and getting the stats from the game, I can tell you that it was turnovers that killed us and mount waverley punished us for them.
47-46 inside 50's, we had 12 more clearances but turned the ball over 37 times! 28 of them unforced!

We will be looking at rectifying this, cause our footy at its best is as good as anyone else in the competition.

I still thing the premiership fav tag has to stay with Doveton, very impressive side!

Keep up the good work MountPrettyBoy, much better then the dribble that comes out of the SFL record!

Also love to know what the CPL player payment allocation is!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mount played some very good footy, and have a playing group that have played together for a number of years. Having played, reviewed and getting the stats from the game, I can tell you that it was turnovers that killed us and mount waverley punished us for them.
47-46 inside 50's, we had 12 more clearances but turned the ball over 37 times! 28 of them unforced!

We will be looking at rectifying this, cause our footy at its best is as good as anyone else in the competition.

I still thing the premiership fav tag has to stay with Doveton, very impressive side!

Keep up the good work MountPrettyBoy, much better then the dribble that comes out of the SFL record!

Also love to know what the CPL player payment allocation is!

the CPL player payment allocation would be $0. No player gets paid at the den.

Zero Zilch Donuts!

A great effort from the Lions on Saturday, fighting it out against an undefeated Doveton Eagles.

It was a great game to attend. Both teams going goal for goal and heading into the 3/4 qtr break with only 4 points seperating the 2 teams. Unfortunately for us we walked into the last quarter having taken the foot off the pedal and the Eagles kicked 6 goals straight in about 8 minutes.

The lions not one to throw in the towel fought back valiently having kicked the last 3 goals of the game in the last 8 minutes but it was a little too late. A great effort from a team still not at full strength.

An 8 minute lapse in concentration cost the lions the game. It has taken 6 weeks but the coaching staff have done a great job figuring out the right mix of players in the senior team and the teams strength in depth is begining to show. Hopefully we will be back to full strength with the return of Scott, Hynesy and Storker the next time we face the eagles, should make for a cracker game.

It was a great game to attend. Both teams going goal for goal and heading into the 3/4 qtr break with only 4 points seperating the 2 teams. Unfortunately for us we walked into the last quarter having taken the foot off the pedal and the Eagles kicked 6 goals straight in about 8 minutes.

The lions not one to throw in the towel fought back valiently having kicked the last 3 goals of the game in the last 8 minutes but it was a little too late. A great effort from a team still not at full strength.

An 8 minute lapse in concentration cost the lions the game. It has taken 6 weeks but the coaching staff have done a great job figuring out the right mix of players in the senior team and the teams strength in depth is begining to show. Hopefully we will be back to full strength with the return of Scott, Hynesy and Storker the next time we face the eagles, should make for a cracker game.

CPL Also blooded their first Colt against Doveton. I am sure their will be more to follow soon. So it is not all 'old' men down there

CPL Also blooded their first Colt against Doveton. I am sure their will be more to follow soon. So it is not all 'old' men down there

Young Dylan Cott played a cracker against Murrumbeena the week before and was a stand out. He didn't disappoint against Doveton either. Couldn't ask more from a colt playing his first senior game and deservingly made it into the best.

ROUND 6
5 THINGS TO KNOW
1. Sandown’s Mojo has ignited!
With the Cobra’s 161 pt win over Black Rock, you can say they’ve got their Mojo up and running.
I feel sorry for Sandown’s next few opponents [Dandy (H), CPL (A), E.Hills (H) & Ashwood (H)] as the Cobra’s will be looking to proving to the rest of the competition they mean business.

2. Ashwood starting to show some form
Ashwood are starting to get their season back on track with two good wins on the trot (E.Hills by 10 goals and Lyndale by 5 goals).
They’ve got Doveton this week, so we will see if they are seriously committed to their season or not.

3. Falcons... so close
Well I would like to think that the brains trust at the Falcons are reading my write-ups, kicking 5 goals to 3 against Hallam in the 1st Qtr.
Unfortunately they couldn’t sustain it for the whole 4 qtrs, falling short in the last qtr to a more determined Hallam outfit.
At least now they got a sense of what is required and know how much more they need to lift to get a win.
They’ve got us (Mt Wav) this week; I bloody hope they can hold off their first victory til next week!

4. Doveton & Mount keep taking scalps
The way things are going at the moment, Round 9 will be a cracker with Us vs Doveton (if both teams keep up their winning form).
Doveton beat an improving Carrum Patterson-Lakes by 5 goals whilst we beat another premiership contender in Dandenong by 5 goals.
Maybe someone can shed some light on each teams game styles considering I haven’t seen Doveton play this year and make note of any variances (danielh1 maybe??)

5. Where to now for Black Rock?
The most recent club to be relegated from Div 2, generally they are the club that most of the other recent finalist clubs (such as Mount, Sandown, Dandy & Doveton etc – who’ve been competing in finals in Div 3 for the last few years) that look out for the most.
These recently relegated clubs are generally one of the premiership favourites.
So what is happening down at Black Rock?
Their most recent loss, to a Sandown on the war path, must’ve sent their whole club into panic stations!
Their last 2 games have been appalling... They’ve lost two both Doveton (117pts) and Sandown (161pts) respectively. Even though they are both strong premiership contenders, those margins are alarming to say the least.

Young Dylan Cott played a cracker against Murrumbeena the week before and was a stand out. He didn't disappoint against Doveton either. Couldn't ask more from a colt playing his first senior game and deservingly made it into the best.

Are CPL likely to recruit more younger players next season? Still a few at Chelsea Heights originally or have they all come back?

Are CPL likely to recruit more younger players next season? Still a few at Chelsea Heights originally or have they all come back?

Jackson Fry is still with us... A fair few went back this year though. I'd imagine he's gonna want to play some more 1st Divvy 1sts games as opposed to dropping back to 3rd div. I could be wrong though.

Jackson Fry is still with us... A fair few went back this year though. I'd imagine he's gonna want to play some more 1st Divvy 1sts games as opposed to dropping back to 3rd div. I could be wrong though.

Would be silly for any colt to leave the heights.

Colts side seems reasonably strong and a Div. 1 club.

Theres a few ex CPL junior players still at Chelsea Heights. It is a shame to see these players go to other clubs simply because we didn't have a senior team in place but that won't the case going forward. Which is going to put the burner back on Chelsea Heights colts going forward to find another feeder club as alot of their colts did come from Carrum.
In terms of recruiting I believe we have an agenda leaning more towards organic growth. It is much more sustainable to builid a strong pathway for our juniors to flow directly into our under 19s team then it is to rely on recruiting from other clubs. CPLJFC will have an under 16s team next year and I hope to see a number of those boys playing some under 19s during the year to make the transistion alot smoother.

Jackson Fry is a Carrum boy, kicked 17 goals against us when Chelsea Heights played our U19s! As you can tell we are fairly shattered he didn't come back to the den. I am not going to get into the reasons why he wouldn't want to come back, just that we would love to see him back.

Would be silly for any colt to leave the heights.

Colts side seems reasonably strong and a Div. 1 club.

You can't put Carrum in the same ball park as other Div 3 clubs and say it would be a silly move. The Carrum Football Club back in 1994 was a very strong MPNFL club with alot of support, a mass exodous of players due to failing payment negotiations meant that the club couldnt field a team and folded a year after they won the Southern Division MPNFL Premiership (The current equivelant of winning the Neapan Football League Premiership).
Having played a number of years of Div 1 senior footy myself I can say that Carrum is up there in having the best faciltities and sense of community culture of any club in the league, you simply need to go to Roy Dore Reserve on a game day or even a none game day and look at the facilties. You wouldn't think this club is playing in SFL Div 3. This is because Carrum Football has always had the support of the community and always will. You just have to see our crowds at our games, we are consistantly getting 1000+ spectators to our Div 3 home games week in week out, more then most Div 1 and 2 clubs. That is just a remnance of the culture from back when we were in the MPNFL, if you are familiar with MPNFL clubs you would know that getting 1000+ spectators to your home games is not uncommon. You would expect something like that for the first game but it has surprised even me to see it be consistant week in week out. Its this community culture and belonging that is what I believe will make Carrum a formidable club again in the future, strong community backing both physically and financially, strong facilities and a strong football transisition program that caters from Auskick, to CPLJFC, to CPLFC, to Carrum Cowboys Over 35s.

Everything you said is true.... Still gonna be play 3rd Div for a little while though, so until you guys can make your way up the grades, I doubt a dude with the talent of Jacko would want to give up playing 1st div 1's. If you time it right, you might just get him in his prime.

Back