Sheffield Shield QLD v Tas, March 7th-10th

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 10, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
XXXX Gold Queensland Bulls: Greg Moller, Luke Pomersbach, Dominic Michael, Peter Forrest, Joe Burns, Nathan Reardon, Chris Hartley (wk), James Hopes (c), Ryan Harris, Cameron Gannon, Alister McDermott, Cameron Boyce (12th)
Tasmanian Tigers: Mark Cosgrove, Jordan Silk, Alex Doolan, Ricky Ponting, George Bailey (c), Jonathan Wells, Tim Paine (wk), James Faulkner, Luke Butterworth, Evan Gulbis, Ben Hilfenhaus, Harry Allanby (12th)

Silk making his FC debut and also opening with Cossie. Harris in for what I believe is his first game of the season.
Both sides can still make the final even though it is a much harder task for Tassie so plenty on the line.

So I went throught the cricinfo profiles quickly.

Pomersbach is the only spinner for Qld. I don't know whjat Silk bowls but if he doesn't bowl spin, nobody in Tassie does

Wells on 18, he will improve his averege.

He's on 54. Must be a dream. Or did I miss a few weeks and it's April Fools?

Also to the above posts, Allanby was the spinner and named 12th, so must of decided there wasn't anything for him in the wicket.

Joe Burns signs for Leicestershire. I see he's listed as having played for the Sussex 2nd XI before he made his QLD debut, suggesting he's got some British blood in him. That would explain why he's been able to get a county deal without having played test cricket yet.

oh and also ryan harris rocks

The Aus team are absolutely gagging for an experienced middle order batsman. They don't rate Khawaja at all. I think they would reach and pick Bailey for the ashes, if he gave them something, anything, to pick him on. He just hasn't done anything at all.

While Burns has yet to play international cricket, he can gain a work permit through a British passport.
boo yeah! nailed it

uh anyway

I think they would reach and pick Bailey for the ashes, if he gave them something, anything, to pick him on. He just hasn't done anything at all.

I think they should reach for him, but everyone sorta over-looked the fact that bailey didn't play in the aus a game v SA. and it's not like he got over-looked because he was in first in line for a test spot. that, in hindsight, was kinda a big omission.....and then they very easily could have over looked his 2 poor shield games and picked him for the Indian tour on the back of ODI form, and then they didn't. seems like maybe they don't rate him as highly in the white clothes.

I think they should reach for him, but everyone sorta over-looked the fact that bailey didn't play in the aus a game v SA. and it's not like he got over-looked because he was in first in line for a test spot. that, in hindsight, was kinda a big omission.....and then they very easily could have over looked his 2 poor shield games and picked him for the Indian tour on the back of ODI form, and then they didn't. seems like maybe they don't rate him as highly in the white clothes.

They picked Doherty on the back of ODI form and that is seen as a bad decision.

19, 32, 20, 11, 21, 66, 18, 13, 0 (200 runs @ 22.2)- Baileys SS form this season. As much as I love him shouldn't be near the test team based on that form. From the Ed Cowan school of not converting starts :p As Selective said above, if he had shown anything at all in the Summer in whites he would have been on the plane to India,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is a better seamer than spinner.
He's still the only spinner on the park :p

What.an.over from Hilfy. 3/2. Was on a hat-trick too

Just when they were looking around for the hammer to slam the nails into Hilf's international coffin he pulls that out.

Pattinson, Siddle, Starc, Bird, Johnson, Harris, Hilfenhaus.

You'd think 5 out of those 7 will go to England.

Just when they were looking around for the hammer to slam the nails into Hilf's international coffin he pulls that out.

Pattinson, Siddle, Starc, Bird, Johnson, Harris, Hilfenhaus.

You'd think 5 out of those 7 will go to England.
I'd leave Johnson and Hilfy out tbh

Of course you would, they're not from Victoria:rolleyes:
That has nothing to do with it. But please tell me who they'd replace?

Siddle is a workhorse and has been our best bowler for 2 years
Starc is Mitch Johnson, but can swing the pill so he gets ahead of MJ for me
Bird is going to be suited to the English conditions with his upright seam and ability to nip the ball around
Pattinson is a young tearaway quick who is a very good strike bowler
Harris and Hilfy are similar bowlers, but I prefer Rhino due to the fact that he has an extra 5 yards of pace on him.

But continue to say that I favour Victorians just so everyone knows you have no clue about what you're talking about :thumbsu:.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back