Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw, equal number of bonus points

• Tie

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

That is embarrassing by Carey. Done with this team.

So far it has been very good bowling from Neser and Gannon tieing things down but that shot was complete and utter lunacy. Who tries to play a ramp sweep shot on a difficult pitch* with the score at 4 for not many THE OVER BEFORE LUNCH?

That's up there with Brad Haddin's cross bat swat at 5-10 in Cape Town in 2011 (I think) in terms of stupidest shot in first class cricket.

Edit: *by difficult pitch I mean it's a pretty normal Gabba green top which is only difficult by modern sheffield shield standards...

Last edited:
So far it has been very good bowling from Neser and Gannon tieing things down but that shot was complete and utter lunacy. Who tries to play a ramp sweep shot on a difficult pitch* with the score at 4 for not many THE OVER BEFORE LUNCH?

That's up there with Brad Haddin's cross bat swat at 5-10 in Cape Town in 2011 (I think) in terms of stupidest shot in first class cricket.

Edit: *by difficult pitch I mean it's a pretty normal Gabba green top which is only difficult by modern sheffield shield standards...
Shannon Gabriel v Pakistan in 2017 still has this one for mine. 7 balls left to draw a test all you have to do is face that one ball and your partner who is 101* will take the final over. So you try and hit it out of the stadium.

Looks like they have started to play on another pitch since lunch. No movement off the seam whatsoever.

Is Michael Neser worth a look in for the Gabba test?

I figured if he didnt play in england he is no shot at home but he really is bowling well, starc isnt doing great so it's more open than usual.

Richardson still probably has the inside running if he takes a few decent hauls, also hard to rule out patto until he bowls on a fair track.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The footage of Lehmann’s Wicket the commentator said “Gannon juggling jt like a clown”, I wish he had of said “Lehmann batting like a clown” too

Head is done. A T20 player ONLY! You can see in his temperament he can’t handle staying at the crease for longer than half an hour at a time.

Just sell my state’s cricket license to Bermuda or somewhere, I’m sick of them

Back