• Draw, equal number of bonus points

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tie

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay so this is over. Well done Tassie.

We're in trouble. Dean has to be dropped again. Harper disappointing match after the promise of last game. Short still too inconsistent. FL game could be important in deciding who plays vs Qld
Next game No Harris Maddinson and Pucovski so they will keep Dean in you watch

Next game No Harris Maddinson and Pucovski so they will keep Dean in you watch
Vines
Merlo
Handscomb
Finch
Short
Sutherland
Harper (+)
Pattinson
Tremain
Boland
Holland

Merlo has dominated FL/Grade cricket at 3. Deserves a crack.

Beau Webster's Shield career (40 matches)

Batting - 26.68 average (4 hundreds, 8 fifties, 8 ducks)
Bowling - 44.38 average, 71.97 strike rate, 3.70 economy rate (0 5-fers)
Fielding - 57 catches*, 0 stumpings

Those Ashton Agar-esque no-rounder numbers!

He had one good season with 3 tons which prolonged his career a bit but you’d say he’s almost done for now.

Beau Webster's Shield career (40 matches)

Batting - 26.68 average (4 hundreds, 8 fifties, 8 ducks)
Bowling - 44.38 average, 71.97 strike rate, 3.70 economy rate (0 5-fers)
Fielding - 57 catches*, 0 stumpings

Those Ashton Agar-esque no-rounder numbers!
He has never been selected as an all rounder. Likewise he bowls on a pace friendly home ground so literally no spinner has thrived there since Colin Miller bowling a few offies 20 years ago.

No way he close to being cut

He has never been selected as an all rounder. Likewise he bowls on a pace friendly home ground so literally no spinner has thrived there since Colin Miller bowling a few offies 20 years ago.

No way he close to being cut

Well he's not worth being selected as a batsman only either, so I was trying to show if he had value in other areas. He really doesn't. He's just not that good.

Okay so this is over. Well done Tassie.

We're in trouble. Dean has to be dropped again. Harper disappointing match after the promise of last game. Short still too inconsistent. FL game could be important in deciding who plays vs Qld
Our batting depth is looking bad this year. White gone. Short and Harper underperforming. Dean is rubbish now (although has been for a while). Pete is in a weird place atm.

Wade was a massive lose. Harper and Gotch have had their moments but Wade is miles above.

Well he's not worth being selected as a batsman only either, so I was trying to show if he had value in other areas. He really doesn't. He's just not that good.

I disagree about his batting worth. As his average indicates, it isn't where it needs to be. However, he has been shifted around every position from 1-7 over his career and I would argue that he clearly isn't an opener and would be suited at 5/6. Tassie is perservering with him for a reason. Jewell warrants selection over Webster at the moment (when the team is at full strength), so Webster will need to show some form at 2nd XI level (he recently hit a century in 2nds).

Webster is about to turn 26 - by no means a lost cause.

Our batting depth is looking bad this year. White gone. Short and Harper underperforming. Dean is rubbish now (although has been for a while). Pete is in a weird place atm.

Wade was a massive lose. Harper and Gotch have had their moments but Wade is miles above.
Harper has not been underperforming other than this match he has done alright

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wade been very good in this match. Locked into the first Test now if he wasn't already, I'd say.

Wade been very good in this match. Locked into the first Test now if he wasn't already, I'd say.

His numbers don't look huge but he has actually been in form. Has mainly been bowler friendly wickets and he has been the top scorer most innings.

Okay, that was quite funny. Jewel scores a single to level the scores, but for some reason everyone thought the match was over. Helmets off, bails tipped off, then they realise there is one more run needed. Holland strolls in again and Wade blasts it over cover for 6. I guess that'll do it, then.

He’d scored 2 tons in the Ashes...was locked in anyway

Hence the word 'if'. You would think two tons lock him in, but the almost no runs that he scored outside those innings left maybe a question mark over it. Would have been questions asked if he had a really lean start to the Shield season.

His numbers don't look huge but he has actually been in form. Has mainly been bowler friendly wickets and he has been the top scorer most innings.

No huge scores, but some good ones. And in this match he where it was carnage all around he scored a pair of 50s including the winning runs. Tough runs in tough conditions against a good attack.

Back