Should the Cats V Tigers be played at the MCG?

Should the Cats V Tigers be played at the MCG?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Members
Richmond - 69, 903
Collingwood - ??? 74k last year
Essendon - 65, 713
Carlton - 47, 134

Last year played at Simmonds + games there since 1993
Richmond - 2017 + 2012, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2001, 1998, 1997, 1996, 1994, 1993.
Collingwood - 1999 + 1995
Essendon - 1993
Carlton - 1997 + 1996

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Game shouldn't be moved since its already been scheduled. AFL are just ******* stupid for scheduling us there in the first place. 120k combined MEMBERS and they schedule it at a ground that can hold 35k? WTF.

Also don't understand why we keep getting put there while similar clubs haven't played there for 2 decades.

All games should be at the MCG.

It's just so darn unfair

Members
Richmond - 69, 903
Essendon - 65, 713
Carlton - 47, 134

Richmond - 2017 + 2012, 2010, 2009, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2001, 1998, 1997, 1996, 1994, 1993.
Essendon - 1993
Carlton - 1997 + 1996

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Game shouldn't be moved since its already been scheduled. AFL are just ******* stupid for scheduling us there in the first place. 120k combined MEMBERS and they schedule it at a ground that can hold 35k? WTF.

Also don't understand why we keep getting put there while similar clubs haven't played there for 2 decades.
This sums it up completely - we cannot get seats even if we try. Therefore I do not get value for my 17game membership. Why not he other big three? Back room deals stink!

Cats/Tigers games are played at the G on an almost yearly basis and I struggle to think of the last time we had a crowd anywhere near 50k. The Tiges fans don't show up in the expected droves to the Geelong games. Until a Geelong/Tigers game DOES get a big crowd, I think the Tigers have no real complaint about playing down at KP. That being said, I'd also love to play Hawks/Pies/Dons there. We've played "home" games against Essendson at Etihad for a decade.
Huh?
Last 4 at the mcg:
45k - 3.20pm Sunday
45k - 1.45 sat
34k 3.20pm Sunday
55k - sat night

Leave it at KP. Too late to be moving it now. Coterie functions etc have been sold in anticipation of a massive game. Tickets already bought. Just leave it as is.
Will be all the more enjoyable when we knock them off there.

I'm sick of reading and hearing about Geelong v Richmond.
When is the game?
Should they play here, should they play there, why is Trent Cotchin tougher than Tom Hawkins yada yada.
Does it matter?

All clubs should be able to pick where they play their home games.

If they want to go to a bigger ground to make mroe money, let them. If they want to stay at home on smaller grounds to have a better home ground advnatge, so be it.

The AFL should not be involved and should not be forcing clubs to play on grounds against their wishes.

Does it happen in any other professional sport, bar not playing cricket in Pakistan, etc?

Huh?
Last 4 at the mcg:
45k - 3.20pm Sunday
45k - 1.45 sat
34k 3.20pm Sunday
55k - sat night

Those numbers are meagre - only one over 50k! There's no way it's worth disadvantaging the Geelong supporters and team (while also advantaging Richmond) over a fixture that doesn't have a proven fanbase of 75-80k plus that are willing to come along. Schedule the next Richmond/Geelong game at the MCG for all I care and send Hawthorn to Kardinia next year but there's no argument in a fair and professionally-run competition that the game should be moved.

After all the gams the AFL has refused to move when the home team wanted it, because its too hard logistically?

Every club should play every home game at their venue of choice (so long as it is not the interstate home of the "visiting" team).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

is the AFL stupid for scheduling West Coast vs Richmond at the 40k Subiaco? Should they always play at the mcg?

Geelong have their own members that don't want to always be travelling to Melbourne to watch their team play.

Richmond have 11 home games for you to attend.

is the AFL stupid for scheduling West Coast vs Richmond at the 40k Subiaco? Should they always play at the mcg?

Geelong have their own members that don't want to always be travelling to Melbourne to watch their team play.

Richmond have 11 home games for you to attend.
"Traveling" to Melbourne.
They should stay in Melbourne for the weekend when they have to make the big trip.

"Traveling" to Melbourne.
They should stay in Melbourne for the weekend when they have to make the big trip.
Motels hotels too expensive. Play it in Geelong.

Members
Richmond - 69, 903
Essendon - 65, 713
Carlton - 47, 134

Essendon - 1993
Carlton - 1997 + 1996

Essendon now play Geelong every year in the Farmers Cup.

It would be a bit silly to move that away from the CBD

Cats/Tigers games are played at the G on an almost yearly basis and I struggle to think of the last time we had a crowd anywhere near 50k. The Tiges fans don't show up in the expected droves to the Geelong games. Until a Geelong/Tigers game DOES get a big crowd, I think the Tigers have no real complaint about playing down at KP. That being said, I'd also love to play Hawks/Pies/Dons there. We've played "home" games against Essendson at Etihad for a decade.

No, they're really not. The past few years, while KP has been rebuilt, yes (after we played a game down there and our cheersquad couldn't all get seats!)

So yes, the last 4 have been at the G (3/4 being Richmond home games).
Before that...

KP
Docklands
KP
KP
Docklands
MCG*
KP
Docklands*
KP
KP

The 2 * games were the Richmond home games, both in years we played Geelong twice.

So yeah, not at the MCG so much.

Last edited:
As I said in the other whinge thread.

This game shouldn't be moved.

Geelong should play all 11 home games in Geelong.

Geelong also shouldn't be allowed to sell more 'away' memberships to games in Melbourne than they allow other teams to have seats at KP.

Geelong should only be used for games against interstate clubs or games against minnows like north or Carlton.

Big 4 clubs (Richmond, Collingwood, Essendon, Hawthorn) shouldn't have to travel down there
You're an idiot.

* off you shouldn't. Why should the Dogs or North be seen as inferior clubs not worthy of an exemption.

Simply put, when it's not your home game your fans do not matter.
So this "we're too good to travel there" mentality can GAGF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back