Game Day Showdown 44

Remove this Banner Ad

I liked all the comments that matched my feelings at the time. As I was at the game I couldn't post, and said afterwards I was glad I couldn't :).
Get a phone and post whilst there. I do that, I just have to remember to hold onto my phone tightly when I jump up for goals or to yell at umpires. :D

I can’t post quickly enough by the time I’ve criticised or applauded a piece of play. No one knows WTF I’m talking about because it has moved on.
Plus I’m ever so slightly reactive and passionate. Usually ends in apologies, mine.

I can’t post quickly enough by the time I’ve criticised or applauded a piece of play. No one knows WTF I’m talking about because it has moved on.
Plus I’m ever so slightly reactive and passionate. Usually ends in apologies, mine.
Aren't you in Riverbank somewhere? Probably heard you go ballistic at some point then :p

Hahah. I do the same. I'm an introvert in public usually, but not at the football. I dragged my dad along once (the 2003 QF vs. Sydney), which was enough for him to never go to a game again. And when I used to drag my wife along, she'd usually pretend not to know me.

Gameover.

Prisonbars on a massive like blitz.

Its weird usually when you watch the same movie it has the same ending... Must of been a mandela effect :p

Anyway i feel like Lindsey Thomas giving a slightly contentious bump when out of the 99% of negative people on these forums i get crucified the most lol.

Last edited:
each to their own but why the **** do you want to be focused on your phone when there's a footy game going on in front of you?

I know, completely wrong thread for this observation
I watch the play. When players get a shot on goal, after goals / behinds or it goes out for a throw in or there's a stoppage, that's when I'm usually doing it. There's heaps of those mini-breaks each quarter to post. That's usually it, unless it's like the first half of the showdown, where I'll post some snarky comments during particularly bad passages of play.

i was nursing a migraine and couch-bound for this game.

never got to post and say thank you for all those that posted what they did.

Sunday morning, afternoon, and the following Monday morning was well spent sensibly chuckling at both ends of the spectrum in this thread.

i was nursing a migraine and couch-bound for this game.

never got to post and say thank you for all those that posted what they did.

Sunday morning, afternoon, and the following Monday morning was well spent sensibly chuckling at both ends of the spectrum in this thread.

I reckon most of us would fit the criteria for Bipolar in the DSM 5.. this is what this clubs done to us.

I watch the play. When players get a shot on goal, after goals / behinds or it goes out for a throw in or there's a stoppage, that's when I'm usually doing it. There's heaps of those mini-breaks each quarter to post. That's usually it, unless it's like the first half of the showdown, where I'll post some snarky comments during particularly bad passages of play.
so your not sitting with someone at the footy you talk to during these occasions?

Not trying to having a go at you

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lets be honest, we have had some diabolical games in the last few years where browsing someones Insta post about the meal they just had was preferable to watching some of the shite we were dishing up.

so your not sitting with someone at the footy you talk to during these occasions?

Not trying to having a go at you
Eldest son, whose not interested in the football (he does like getting a meal before hand, snacks provided at game and getting out of the house away from younger brother for a few hours). He'll be listening to his music or playing a game. If I was there with someone interested in football I wouldn't be posting so much during a game.

Prisonbars on a massive like blitz.

Its weird usually when you watch the same movie it has the same ending... Must of been a mandela effect :p

Anyway i feel like Lindsey Thomas giving a slightly contentious bump when out of the 99% of negative people on these forums i get crucified the most lol.

You’re the Nickelback of the Bigfooty Port board. Sure, you kinda suck, but there are so many posters on here who suck far more but don’t cop anywhere near the cricitism.

You’re the Nickelback of the Bigfooty Port board. Sure, you kinda suck, but there are so many posters on here who suck far more but don’t cop anywhere near the cricitism.
Harsh on 66 to be honest

Nobody deserves a Nickelback label

I couldn't think of anything worse than holding a phone whilst at the footy and posting.... Never understood that.
Gotta kill time during those 2 minute goal reviews somehow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back