No Oppo Supporters Shrugging a tackle vs ducking

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching this video:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-04-06/your-say-stamp-out-the-selwood-shrug#/

Around the 0:04 mark, Burton attempts to tackle Selwood, with his arm around Selwood's neck. Selwood shrugged the tackle, ran on + Burton tackled him, again high. Free kick to Selwood. Then, Sicily ran in + shoved Selwood back to the ground. The umpire gave Hawthorn a 50m penalty. Sicily attempted to go for Selwood again, except Parfitt shoved Sicily away + Fogarty joins Parfitt, pushing Sicily away.

Selwood's head remained up, when he shrugged that tackle. How can that be called ducking by oppo fans?

With the Sicily tackle, even after the tackle, Sicily deliberately stomped his knee into Selwood's head!

I can’t get over the debate, tackle around the waste and lower body like we were told as kids and this doesn’t happen.

Chris Scott is being interviewed just now, talking about the Dwarf + said that it's not so much the issue of shrugging, it's more that if people are going to speak about it they should speak truthfully lol

And that would apply to Poppy too??

Yep. Poppy got two today, but not through arm raise, rather the knee lower. One was clearly there anyway (started on his forehead and would have been high regardless), the other was borderline, probably should have been play on. I don't like it even when it favours my team.

I'm wrapped that Chris Scott came out in support of Joel and put Clarko in his place, especially with the latter's claim that it all out of concern for Joel's health.
BF Prediction: Standby for Mr Jam/Eddie to come out with similar comments around 10 May.

That's what is so ridiculous about the Dwarf's claim! He then went on to say that Pupolo + Sicily do it too :huh: So the Dwarf is more concerned about Selwood, more than his players?

So how was Selwood's shrugging a tackle dangerous? Seems peculiar that the Dwarf is so concerned about Selwood's concussions, but doesn't address Sicily's kneeing Selwood's head :rolleyes:

It's purely a stunt by the Dwarf, to distract attention from the deliberately thuggish act by Sicily kneeing Selwood to the head!

i am definitely on joels side of this whole argument, but i think if he wore a hawthorn jumper we would probably all see it very differently...

It’s very simple for me. You have every right to avoid a tackle by whatever means nescessary.

The Puopolo head duck and ram classic is dangerous and is very different. It isn’t avoiding or manoeuvring a tackle; it is placing themselves in the tackle in a dangerous head first position to get a free kick; absolutely no other purpose whatsoever.

Simple question. What is Selwood supposed to do?? So instead of avoiding a tackle, is he supposed to just sit there and get tackled and give away holding the ball???

The onus is on the tackler to improve his technique, not Selwood to make it an easy job for the tackler.

Wonder which inanimate object is going to bear the dwarf’s temper today?

Who knows? Poos+Wees beat us last week, but it's not enough for the Dwarf, who had to melt about Selwood ducking, to remove the heat from his thug Sicily!

We're subjected to the Midget's sniping antics today :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching this video:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-04-06/your-say-stamp-out-the-selwood-shrug#/

Around the 0:04 mark, Burton attempts to tackle Selwood, with his arm around Selwood's neck. Selwood shrugged the tackle, ran on + Burton tackled him, again high. Free kick to Selwood. Then, Sicily ran in + shoved Selwood back to the ground. The umpire gave Hawthorn a 50m penalty. Sicily attempted to go for Selwood again, except Parfitt shoved Sicily away + Fogarty joins Parfitt, pushing Sicily away.

Selwood's head remained up, when he shrugged that tackle. How can that be called ducking by oppo fans?

With the Sicily tackle, even after the tackle, Sicily deliberately stomped his knee into Selwood's head!

Because the majority of AFL fans are morons who follow a bandwagon.
Sicily is the same, they actually have no idea what a duck is.

Cliff notes? If possible

odd request, but i will oblige...

'cliff: an erosional landform, produced by wave action, which is either at the seaward edge of the coast or at the landward side of a wave-cut platform and which denotes the inner limit of the beach erosion'.

If anyone wants a laugh or to vent frustration - go onto Facebook, search for the Herald Sun and find the link to the article - according to the comments the Scott brothers are both wingers & do nothing but complain.

Also, Selwood has apparently had more than 10 serious head knocks and hence concussions, so our doctors & team have been lying in allowing Joel to continue playing & only reporting 3 concussions.
10 head knocks does not always mean a concussion.
The stringent tests that are performed after a head knock determine if concussion evolves.
Every time he bleeds he's had a head knock of sorts.

10 head knocks does not always mean a concussion.
The stringent tests that are performed after a head knock determine if concussion evolves.
Every time he bleeds he's had a head knock of sorts.
I know that and understand that - I've split my head open a few times and never lost consciousness or had a concussion.

But anti-Selwood people decide that a head knock = concussion. I think they only apply that to Selwood though and not their own players

Remove this Banner Ad

Back