Scandal Slobbo implies Essendon tanked

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't care if they are tanking. I do care, however, if they get that first pick, which it seems they are likely to. This is how I've felt since their players were suspended. You cannot, IMO, reward this team with the #1 pick in a year their team was weakened due to suspensions for doping violations and they will regain the 12 suspended players next year. I appreciate not everyone will think this.
Take it to the HTB jenny.

Nobody wants your s**t posting here

I'm not sure if it was tanking. Maybe a Hawthorn supporter who has seen it first hand can tell me.. if there are any.
Were there any Hawks supporters before 2008?

Yeah, nah. Take your nastiness back to the safety of your cot.
Seriously, leave the drug talk and the fallout to the board that was made for it.

There is a reason only you post there now. Nobody wants to hear about it

Seriously, leave the drug talk and the fallout to the board that was made for it.

There is a reason only you post there now. Nobody wants to hear about it
LMAO... I barely post there anymore. If you are going to go off at the mouth, at least get your facts right. Anyways, back on topic... how do YOU feel about your team being accused of tanking to get the #1 pick?

LMAO... I barely post there anymore. If you are going to go off at the mouth, at least get your facts right. Anyways, back on topic... how do YOU feel about your team being accused of tanking to get the #1 pick?

Didn't tank.
Will get pick #1.
No amount of whinging on here will change this.

Kinda pathetic how many people in this thread use terms like "slobbo" and "blobbo". Like insults about somebody's physique are ok or even relevant to the discussion. Grow up.

Maybe if he wasn't perpetually hung over...idk. Guy can't seem to take a break

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps like last years draft the two bottom teams are looking for different types of player and both Essendon and Brisbane would have got the player they wanted regardless of order just like Weiitering/Schache last year? If so who cares if they did or did not, with all their players coming back and the rookies they have blooded this year fair chance the number 1 pick will be doing an apprenticeship for a while in the VFL.

Maybe if he wasn't perpetually hung over...idk. Guy can't seem to take a break
Even if he's got a substance abuse problem, I'd like to see people take on his arguments/opinions rather than this constant personal abuse about his physique. It's pathetic. Like every person here doesn't know a fat person that they wouldn't dare speak about like this.

Even if he's got a substance abuse problem, I'd like to see people take on his arguments/opinions rather than this constant personal abuse about his physique. It's pathetic. Like every person here doesn't know a fat person that they wouldn't dare speak about like this.

Only thing I can say to that is it sure looks funny that the two teams the Bombers lost embarrassingly too happened to be the two teams below them on the ladder, Fremantle and Brisbane.

Then again may just have been a case of players inspired by big performances against better teams thinking they would have an easy kill in those two games also. Cant really say. I guess it would be easy to get ahead of yourself when you push the Weagles for 3 quarters at Subi, then almost knock off the flavour of the month in St Kilda, then be a little flat playing the Lions a few weeks after.

Though we did the same thing, got all high and mighty after getting over the Cats then fell on our faces on the Gold Coast. :(

I don't care if they are tanking. I do care, however, if they get that first pick, which it seems they are likely to. This is how I've felt since their players were suspended. You cannot, IMO, reward this team with the #1 pick in a year their team was weakened due to suspensions for doping violations and they will regain the 12 suspended players next year. I appreciate not everyone will think this.
it's pretty simple.

It's not a "reward". There is no reward in finishing last due to sanctions. The insanity of anyone thinking that is laughable.

Finishing last is a consequence of the sanctions. When you finish last, as a consequence you get pick 1. Not as a reward, as a consequence. It is a consequence of already suffering the knock-on effect of the penalty, ie finishing last.

Really not a complex concept to get ones head around - generally speaking that is

Is that you robbo? ...Gerard?

People do realise Essendon had more I50s, marks inside 50 and shots on goal? Not the smartest way to tank, I'd have thought. So the next conclusion to come to would be to look at the shots at goal from a team going at 44% accuracy for the entire season.

So Robbo is effectively suggesting that Tippa, for one, is a cheat. He missed three relatively easy shots on goal (especially for someone who is a beautiful field kick). Now ask yourself why a guy who has been through an incredible amount to even get his chance at playing AFL, would compromise that in any way for the sake of his team moving an entire spot in the draft order? It makes absolutely no sense.

And finally, Daniel Rich? Hahahahaha we aren't talking about GAJ or Fyfe here. He had a great game, good for him. But the idea that not tagging him is some positive proof of tanking is laughable.

Robbo obv wasn't watching. I was there.

Disposal terrible. Horrific kicking for goal. Martin had a field day. Killed in the clearances. Wasted it all in the third quarter when at 3 quarter time we should have been in front and not gone.

Incidentally the BAKE program (Brutus Academy of Kicking Excellence) is available to AFL clubs at 50k per team with guaranteed 10 per cent improvement or your money back :)

Kinda pathetic how many people in this thread use terms like "slobbo" and "blobbo". Like insults about somebody's physique are ok or even relevant to the discussion. Grow up.
Slob is an entirely appropriate term to describe him and I'm not just referring to his physique.

We could all agree to just call him *******. Would that do?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back