Autopsy Smashed in the middle no worries brutal 14pt win against the Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

exactly! we really needed a game like that, and in the past we'd often lose that kind of game, and be on here mumbling about "well, we were due a loss" ... and yeah, for sure, i keep thinking there must be a loss coming
but even not at our best, and seriously challenged tonight by an in-form team, we still won ... and not in any flukey, sketchy way, we just weren't at our best, and credit to the dogs for putting it to us ... but we won

The defence got a chance to work some things out

negatives we didnt lay tackles

but i thought we timed disposing of it to avoid being tackled well late

3 talls still appalling tonight against the weakest backline behind NM

amartey and mclean got gifts

logan completely irrelevant

we looked nothing like it until our mids (chad) kicked goals

cant win like this in finals

someone teach the talls to play tall in the bye

Blocking you is the easiest decision I’ll make all week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

McDonald had a funny old game. The kick for Warner's goal showed incredible class, and he did several nice things.

A goal and half a dozen marks is a solid contribution for a young key forward, but he had the opportunities to have players a much bigger role. He was mostly a passenger in the win and his mistakes were all ones he can do a lot better with. Bit of a down patch of form I hope he comes back refreshed!

Not our greatest night but a really nice way to go to the bye. We were pushed as to lift a gear but we just did what we needed.

TMac
Mills
Fox
Parker

will make us stronger. We have more upside than media gives us credit for.

Can't be foot on the pedal every week and smash teams.

Can't believe the whinging about our byes....

Pies get the same as us and other teams get a week off to start the season.

Na not taking anyone out of the midfield. all of them needed the bye Adams was good at creating space for Chad etc
Adams scraps so hard that it stifles oppo players in his vicinity to help our other mids outnumber. Watch him closely and you'll see how many oppo players he takes out of the contest without a stat to go with it. He is invaluable and I can see why he's playing ahead of Parker. Parker would be trying too hard to be the main guy despite not being as clean, and I rekn horse sees it too.

McLean's 50m penalty and goal in the last few minutes and Warner's bullshit high tackle call (and 50m penalty goal) in the first half) both incorrect. I'm calling it even.
That is balanced by the legal centre bounce tackle by Heeney on Bont, where he received a giant fat lip from a high fend off by Bont, and where the umpire paid Bont the free which led to a goal. I say we won by 2 points.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

I was glad it turned into an arm wrestle after blowing them away in the 3rd. I think the team needed to experience a game like this.

Realistically, the team won't be firing on all cylinders in every game, so it's good to experience different ways of winning.

The fact we won despite being way below our best and the dogs really taking it up to us. It was a good test.

Warner was sublime. Particularly in the 3rd.

Last edited:
50 to McLean wasn’t there IMO but the free against Warner wasn’t there either so that evens itself out.

The only player from the Bulldogs I have time for is Richards just an honest footballer. His move to the midfield has been a good move for him. He was a handful in the first half and a big moment in the game him going off with the accidental head clash.

Warner second half gives him the votes.

Not our best game of footy but seemed like most expected a flat performance heading into the bye where we would probably just do enough to win. Bit flat but good enough.

Some diabolical decision making at times and Francis just has lack of confidence written all over him. However he’s been Called in to do a tough job and won’t pile on him.

Bye feels almost timely.

Thursday win means weekend is fine can relax and just watch some footy now.

Adams scraps so hard that it stifles oppo players in his vicinity to help our other mids outnumber. Watch him closely and you'll see how many oppo players he takes out of the contest without a stat to go with it. He is invaluable and I can see why he's playing ahead of Parker. Parker would be trying too hard to be the main guy despite not being as clean, and I rekn horse sees it too.

Also him and Grundy are elite together

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sometimes people are keen to hand wins back to the opposition around here. 😂

we are 10-1 and our captain hasnt played a game

I'm happier than a dog with two dicks

No idea what they are doing in 11th or they just really got up for tonight.
The Bulldogs are a real Jekyll and Hyde side, you don’t know what you’re going to get with them on a weekly basis. They have a good forward and back set up but their midfield lets them down I think.,

Yes we weren't at our best today, but we found a way to win.

One thing I am pleased with is our efficiency, we don't require repeat entries inside 50 as usually we do something with it relatively quickly, generally skews our inside 50 stats.

Dogs are going to be playing in September, but we managed to beat then when operating nowhere near our best. You take that every day of the week.

Sometimes people are keen to hand wins back to the opposition around here. 😂

we are 10-1 and our captain hasnt played a game

I'm happier than a dog with two dicks

Thanks for the visual

The Bulldogs are a real Jekyll and Hyde side, you don’t know what you’re going to get with them on a weekly basis. They have a good forward and back set up but their midfield lets them down I think.,
If they can improve their goal accuracy they'll go deep into September. They have a high % and can be really threatening.

If you want to do ifs butts and maybes, go back and call the dogs throws and call them for all the missed htb in the first 3 quarters. No wonder we didnt tackle much late, why bother,

Probably win by 30-40

Those who need to put in more - McDonald, McLean & Amartey. And Im Sorry Francis is not seniors standard.
Happy we won - bring on the bye - I’ll be in the Clare valley SA BYE weekend so I won’t have to worry about a game 🍷🍷🍷 I reckon the Chad got the 3 points (well maybe not from umpire 22 who is a prize dickhead)

i reckon mcdonald got better as the game went on ... he looked to cover a lot of territory and mostly he made good decisions with the ball ... he's marked harshly, he showed plenty again tonight ...
i suspect a lot of people are determined to whinge about him until he kicks six in a game, and miss what smart team things he does ... he's still learning and still growing
and the biggest thing at the moment is that he doesn't to kick six to have an impact in a team that plays the way ours does
this team has so many options, that's one of our biggest advantages now, a range of forward and midfield players who can score from anywhere, triggered by players who can attack from anywhere
we don't have a curnow/mckay set-up and we don't need one

Remove this Banner Ad

Back